Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Ainkurn
Old 07-15-2011 , 16:10   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1651

hi mates. I installed this mod in my server. Well, now i need to reinstall all my server files, and i need to know where is my database to keep it. Im using the simple installation of the mod.

Greetings
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-15-2011 , 16:28   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainkurn View Post
hi mates. I installed this mod in my server. Well, now i need to reinstall all my server files, and i need to know where is my database to keep it. Im using the simple installation of the mod.

Greetings
tf/addons/sourcemod/data/sqlite
(You may want to back up everything in there)
Old 07-15-2011 , 18:27   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1653

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
tf/addons/sourcemod/data/sqlite
(You may want to back up everything in there)
thank you
wyn10
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2011 , 03:01   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1654

When looking up map ranking I am getting the following error even though I have my database info in the config and is correct.

Code:
Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/stats/map.php on line 6

Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/stats/map.php on line 6
When looking up players on the on the site I am getting this error
Code:
 Fatal error:  Invalid IP in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/stats/player.php on line 351
Again my database info is correct.

Also for the players online the list doesn't refresh when players leave the server. Could anybody help?

Last edited by wyn10; 07-16-2011 at 11:51.
Obsidian
Old 07-16-2011 , 10:47   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1655

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyn10 View Post
When looking up map ranking I am getting the following error even though I have my database info in the config and is correct.

Code:
Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/stats/map.php on line 6

Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/stats/map.php on line 6
When looking up players on the on the site I am getting this error
Code:
 Fatal error:  Invalid IP in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/stats/player.php on line 351
Again my database info is correct.

Also for the players online the list doesn't refresh when players leave the server. Could anybody help?
Problem 1: Authentication failure when connecting to the database. Your database credentials aren't being passed correctly somewhere - it's trying to connect to the DB at "localhost" with user "apache" (which is likely way wrong), and it is not using a password for the connection attempt. Probably a bug with galadril's code to implement escaping.

Problem 2: Common bug, that part seems to be unreliable - might be a problem with your host, it's hard to tell. I can't tell much of what it is trying to do, it's not straightforward.
(Also, you left part of your path info in your post - I edited it out of the quote, you should edit it out of your own post).

Problem 3: There is no way for the stats page to determine who is actually online. All it does is look for the players with the last active time less than X seconds/minutes ago -- when they fall out of that "window", then they're not considered online any longer. It can't be helped, there's no streaming data API from the TF2 server itself that is available.
If you notice, most bulletin boards are this way as well. I may appear "online" at some point in time, but I may have last visited a page on the site 25 minutes prior, which some may not consider "online" at all.

Last edited by Obsidian; 07-16-2011 at 10:52.
wyn10
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2011 , 11:55   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Problem 1: Authentication failure when connecting to the database. Your database credentials aren't being passed correctly somewhere - it's trying to connect to the DB at "localhost" with user "apache" (which is likely way wrong), and it is not using a password for the connection attempt. Probably a bug with galadril's code to implement escaping.

Problem 2: Common bug, that part seems to be unreliable - might be a problem with your host, it's hard to tell. I can't tell much of what it is trying to do, it's not straightforward.
(Also, you left part of your path info in your post - I edited it out of the quote, you should edit it out of your own post).

Problem 3: There is no way for the stats page to determine who is actually online. All it does is look for the players with the last active time less than X seconds/minutes ago -- when they fall out of that "window", then they're not considered online any longer. It can't be helped, there's no streaming data API from the TF2 server itself that is available.
If you notice, most bulletin boards are this way as well. I may appear "online" at some point in time, but I may have last visited a page on the site 25 minutes prior, which some may not consider "online" at all.

Ya when I saw it was trying to connect with the name apache I was trying to figure out why; cause I double checked it like 4 times. Has to be a bug.

With problem 2 how can I get more dubug to find the main source of the problem? Also edited my own.

For problem 3 is it possible to change the X Amount of time?

Thanks again.
DarthNinja
Old 07-16-2011 , 17:03   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1657

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyn10 View Post
For problem 3 is it possible to change the X Amount of time?
Look in your settings file.
Old 07-17-2011 , 10:42   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1658

I just had a brainfart. So on the webstats the homepage displays how many players there are currently on all servers. It would be supercool if someone could make some code that displays how many players there are on each server and make it so it fits into a tiny frame that can be pasted in your signature or forum. Thoughts?
Old 07-17-2011 , 11:08   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
I just had a brainfart. So on the webstats the homepage displays how many players there are currently on all servers. It would be supercool if someone could make some code that displays how many players there are on each server and make it so it fits into a tiny frame that can be pasted in your signature or forum. Thoughts?
"Currently" is actually "last active on" (within a given amount of time), and there's nothing stored in the database that determines on which server they were last recorded. It's impossible unless you had separate databases for each server, sadly (which means that there is no cohesive statistics available for ALL servers).

Also, if you had an image that would be dynamically generated, it would have issues with caching and load; it's not cheap load-wise to generate an image on the fly, and less so when you involve a database with extremely active content that causes the image to become "stale" after so many minutes. It'd kill many lesser servers quickly, especially if you posted said image on a few medium-activity sites. To put it simply, it's impractical and it'd put your database server/webserver under a lot of unnecessary stress. Not to mention, several browsers are finicky about cache headers and like to disobey them frequently (Opera used to, IE might still do so -- I don't know, I've not used IE in years) .

That being said, I do have a ticket open for an idea I want to play with later on with my own stats page: https://github.com/damianb/tf2stats/issues/3
Basically, per-member ranking images. Probably cached 30 minutes to an hour, with it using apache rewrites to help drop load and keep PHP from getting involved when the image was just recently generated.
DarthNinja
Old 07-17-2011 , 20:22   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1660

You could mess around with with this eraser:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=105085
Code is uploaded on page 4

-Edit:
I'm going to shoot for Tuesday (2-ish days) for that update.
It will include a fix for not printing points if the value is 0 but the total with bonus is > 0. It will also include the things listed here.
Is there anything else I've forgotten/lost in the sea of posts this thread has been getting lately?

Last edited by DarthNinja; 07-17-2011 at 20:27.