Server problem

Post New Thread Reply   

Teigen
Old 07-02-2011 , 13:51   Server problem
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
Hey, i got another problem (again)

:D

My clan`s ZM server have been dead since the steam update like 2 weeks ago /24th or something. I am the Clan`s server runner and i have been busy last days so havent had any time to look at it.

So, for a easy solution i reinstaleld the ZM server / aka total wipe.

Installed MM1.8.7
Installed SM 1.3.8
SDKHooks 2

and installed ZR, with patch.

= server is dead

Ideas?. Cant even connect to it via HLSW, says its unknow gametype 
etc.
SOLVED

Still :

Offtopic: I have seen some servers have a plugin that is like this: !joingroup in chat and you get invited to the steamgroup, ideas if that is a public plugin?

know the last part dont belong here, but move to right pls

Thanks a lot!

- Raven

Last edited by Teigen; 07-02-2011 at 20:25.
Send a message via MSN to Teigen Send a message via Skype™ to Teigen
xiloid
Old 07-03-2011 , 02:06   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #2

So, how did you solve this? Decencies.

P.S. My ZR server is crashes too, until i don't remove SodStats plugin...
Teigen
Old 07-03-2011 , 06:24   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #3

After i made this post, i reinstalled the server (again), a total wipe.

I started off with downloading all files again, not using the ones i installed earlier that day.
After the server was clean and started again, i manually installed Metamod Source 1.8.7, but i created a whole new metamod.vdf file here. put it in the addons folder.

restart your server so it goes through MM before you install Sourcemod 1.3.8
after installing Sourcemod, simply restart the server again and install SDKHooks 2.0

restart, and begin with ZR install. when you are done, don't restart the server, but install the patch, here

after installing the patch and restarting the server, you can check if the server runs ok with the mod.

after that, you can start to install the other plugins one by one, and remeber to restart the server after every install, it is the best imo.

When your done with one plugin, join the server and check that it works before you install next plugin. if you do this, and the server suddenly stops after you have installed a plugin, you know that the plugin you installed crashes the server.

for more help, add me on steam here

-RaVeN
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2011 , 11:23   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
After i made this post, i reinstalled the server (again), a total wipe.

I started off with downloading all files again, not using the ones i installed earlier that day.
After the server was clean and started again, i manually installed Metamod Source 1.8.7, but i created a whole new metamod.vdf file here. put it in the addons folder.

restart your server so it goes through MM before you install Sourcemod 1.3.8
after installing Sourcemod, simply restart the server again and install SDKHooks 2.0

restart, and begin with ZR install. when you are done, don't restart the server, but install the patch, here

after installing the patch and restarting the server, you can check if the server runs ok with the mod.

after that, you can start to install the other plugins one by one, and remeber to restart the server after every install, it is the best imo.

When your done with one plugin, join the server and check that it works before you install next plugin. if you do this, and the server suddenly stops after you have installed a plugin, you know that the plugin you installed crashes the server.

for more help, add me on steam here

-RaVeN
Excellent mini installation tutorial for Zombie:Reloaded

Don't forget to tell people to
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-03-2011 , 16:10   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #5

It should never be necessary to have to reinstall the entire server. I know it's a popular thing to do when something goes wrong. Don't get me wrong, it's the most thorough route.

If I had a problem I would just reinstall ZR, and remove plugins you don't 100% trust. If that doesn't work, disable SM. Then if that doesn't work disable MM. If it's still crashing, run a -verify_all on hldsupdatetool. Maybe reinstalling is necessary in some cases, but in my 6ish years of dealing with srcds, I have never had to completely re-install. It's usually a server update that breaks SM or MM for me.
Old 07-03-2011 , 16:47   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #6

TnTSCS Thanks a lot! A few months ago i was a noob when it came to running servers. These days, I feel pretty good at it, and I like to share my knowledge in a easy way for others who have problems

Greyscale

Yeah I know. The mini tut i wrote is for the fastest way, like if you want to go ahead from start u just wipe your server. I.m.o. it`s easier than disabling every plugin one by one. Reinstalling ZR, SM, SDKHooks and MM doesn't take that much time , at least not more than it takes to disable every plugin

Btw, anyone got an idea for the last part of my first post?
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-03-2011 , 17:09   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #7

I'm working on something to do this for my server. But I haven't put much into it yet. My first method failed (just shows the group in their motd, but they have to log in to join), but I have another plan.
Old 07-03-2011 , 19:16   Re: Server problem
Reply With Quote #8

aha okay. yeah i found a way to that to, unfortunately the browser/motd uses 2-4 seconds to load the page so most think it don't work =/

Hope you can msg me or something, maybe add me on steam idk, if you find a method!

Would been more than grateful!