Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SDK Hook loading errors after update ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Binksy
Old 03-09-2011 , 04:22   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #11

Ahh so I looked into all of this and gameme sucks and seems to be forcing the clients to use sdk hooks! extension "along side its plugin" so ill be using the plugin that doesn't need this which is v3.3 all those versions after that seem poo and use more resources guess we will have to go back to hlstats ce at this rate!

Hope they sort it out else we might have to go back to hlsats ce, many have chosen do this already but poor us still giving them the benefit of doubt! lol

So yeah this was not an error with sm or our server. we just needed to have this installed http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106748

Just for that plugin is NOT worth it! i mean what if we want to disable hooks or sdk tools means now the stats won't work or will they ?...

Atm we can disable sdk tools and everything works smoother etc although we keep them running still i can't see why this is needed never was an issue before! guess I should be ranting on there forums lol.. But since its still related to the 1st post thought i would let you all know!

So if you have gameme plugin version v3.4 or above you need that extension plugin

The end!

Last edited by Binksy; 03-09-2011 at 07:01.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-09-2011 , 04:56   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #12

A huge number of plugins use SDK Hooks, there are no issues with it, performance or otherwise.
Also, after reading over your previous posts in this thread, I think you were getting confused between SDK Hooks and SDK Tools (which is included with SourceMod).
Old 03-09-2011 , 07:05   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #13

Yeah its a little confusing so the sdk tools won't stop the sdk hooks from working if we install the sm hook extensions needed for the latest gameme.smx?. Not that we usually disable them but we have had to disable many things recently due to server issues and I think this gameme/plugin had a part in these issues but all seems well atm still using the v3.3 ill wait till it becomes a little stabler before i adventure to the newer versions lol..

Thanks for the help..