Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SDK Hook loading errors after update ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Binksy
Old 03-05-2011 , 06:50   SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #1

Well today there was a tf2 update and today when starting the server it gives the following errors

L 03/05/2011 - 10:51:55: SourceMod error session started
L 03/05/2011 - 10:51:55: Info (map "pl_goldrush") (file "errors_20110305.log")
L 03/05/2011 - 10:51:55: [SM] Unable to load extension "sdkhooks.ext": The specified module could not be found.

This is each restart for now i have disabled the sdk hooks within meta list unload etc...

Any fixes for this anyone else getting this it caused major lagg until disabled for us
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-05-2011 , 09:19   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
Well today there was a tf2 update and today when starting the server it gives the following errors

L 03/05/2011 - 10:51:55: SourceMod error session started
L 03/05/2011 - 10:51:55: Info (map "pl_goldrush") (file "errors_20110305.log")
L 03/05/2011 - 10:51:55: [SM] Unable to load extension "sdkhooks.ext": The specified module could not be found.

This is each restart for now i have disabled the sdk hooks within meta list unload etc...

Any fixes for this anyone else getting this it caused major lagg until disabled for us
The tf2 update "today" (now yesterday) was only clientside and having to do with shaders. There were not even any files for the server to get.

You or someone else with access to your server had to have made some other change.
Binksy
Old 03-05-2011 , 17:46   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the fast reply psychonic, We now think its the installation that is corrupt. It is being reinstalled overnight and hopefully the errors are gone tomorrow, are we better to run the latest snapshot SM or the official build for the auto updater features ? same for MM ?

Thanks for the help.

Binksy
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-05-2011 , 19:15   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply psychonic, We now think its the installation that is corrupt. It is being reinstalled overnight and hopefully the errors are gone tomorrow, are we better to run the latest snapshot SM or the official build for the auto updater features ? same for MM ?

Thanks for the help.

Binksy
For MM:S, the latest release is fine. For TF2, I'd currently recommend the latest 1.3.7-dev snapshot (and just be aware that gamedata will not autoupdate).
Binksy
Old 03-06-2011 , 07:32   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #5

The server was reinstalled but the error regarding the SDK Hooks was still there. I went through 1 plugin at a time and it turned out to be the gameme.smx plugin causing the hook error! so I rolled back and its all good now..

Thanks for help and maybe i have helped others only happened since the last tf2 update as said but all fixed now...

Binksy
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 03-06-2011 , 16:57   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
The server was reinstalled but the error regarding the SDK Hooks was still there. I went through 1 plugin at a time and it turned out to be the gameme.smx plugin causing the hook error! so I rolled back and its all good now..

Thanks for help and maybe i have helped others only happened since the last tf2 update as said but all fixed now...

Binksy
What version of Gameme.smx? Please

Binksy
Old 03-06-2011 , 19:38   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #7

It was v3.7 that was the issue for us but i am unsure what plugin is working atm i do know its almost half the size of the v37. I could find out the 1 we are using now if you need to know.

Binksy
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 03-06-2011 , 21:30   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #8

Thanks for replying. Just needed to know so I could keep tabs. I have 3.5 (88kb) and 3.4 (88kb) if you need them at all. Just so you know 3.7 is only 87kb

Binksy
Old 03-07-2011 , 03:06   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #9

yeah the version we are using is v3.3 m8, and its under 60kb works fine for us all day no errors. Might be good to have or try a slightly newer version but then why is there such a size difference anyone know ?

Thanks

Binksy
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 03-07-2011 , 06:26   Re: SDK Hook loading errors after update ?
Reply With Quote #10

Bill Gates probably bought them out and bloated it with useless code and add-ons