Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AMX LightningAdmins

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands        Approver:   twistedeuphoria (82)
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-12-2005 , 18:36   AMX LightningAdmins
Reply With Quote #1

AMX_LightningAdmin a requested admin announcing plugin

By: CubicVirtuoso
August 2005

Requested by: warlock

Warlock wanted a plugin that would load a custom admin list full of steamids and annouce when that player joined the server. Also he wanted it so that when they joined the server (or spawned in a round of CS) they would get struck by lightning much like the effect in my own plugin PopeLightning. So I decided to help him out since I already had half of it written.

Create a txt file in your configs folder called adminslist.txt Each line in adminslist.txt should be a SteamID useing ";" comments out lines so they are ignored by the plugin

This plugin uses my popelightning effects so you can check them out by checking out the pope lightning screenshots:

Screenshots

Enjoy!

Note: I could potentially fix up the plugin so it reads your users.ini instead of another text file. If enough people want me to do this then I will. However I was just following the rules set out by the requester.

Suggestions Comments welcome

NOTE NOTE: I need someone to test if this works on CS Round restarts. I have tested it on other mods but not CS. Someone please tell me if it does the same effect in CS when the round restarts. Thanks.

Code:
#include <amxmodx> // Amx mod include definitions #include <fun> // Fun Module #include <amxmisc> // Useful functions #include <engine> // Engine Plugin new PLUGIN[]="LightningAdmin" new AUTHOR[]="CubicVirtuoso" new VERSION[]="1.02"

UPDATE Version 1.02: Fixed for reset round
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_lightningadmins.sma - 3094 views - 7.3 KB)
Bento
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-12-2005 , 19:26  
Reply With Quote #2

Please post

Code:
    precache_sound("ambience/sparks.wav") // Sparks sound for lightning     precache_sound("ambience/port_suckin1.wav") // Thunder     SpriteSmoke = precache_model("sprites/steam1.spr") // Smoke sprite     SpriteLightning = precache_model("sprites/lgtning.spr") // Lightning sprite     precache_model("sprites/xspark2.spr") // Spark sprite

those sprites and sounds

[EDIT] the plugin isnt working...
Old 08-12-2005 , 20:53  
Reply With Quote #3

Meh, its not working? Im gonna test it anyways, brb with edit;
and btw, thanks for even doing/trying todo it, means alot!
warlock
Old 08-12-2005 , 20:59  
Reply With Quote #4

Nope, this is not working
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-12-2005 , 21:01  
Reply With Quote #5

I'm pretty sure this won't work. You do the lightning effects immediately on client_putinserver. That's when they can see the MOTD. Other than that this looks amazing

If you can fix that, karma++ (unless I'm wrong, and you can post and laugh at me)
Old 08-12-2005 , 21:55  
Reply With Quote #6

Hawk, then you fix it?
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-12-2005 , 22:00  
Reply With Quote #7

Umm... I'm not sure... if the delay is the only problem, and the text when people joins works, then try this:

Code:
/* AMX_LightningAdmin      a requested admin announcing plugin          By: CubicVirtuoso    August 2005          Requested by: warlock        Warlock wanted a plugin that would load a custom admin list full of steamids and annouce when that player    joined the server. Also he wanted it so that when they joined the server (or spawned in a round of CS) they    would get struck by lightning much like the effect in my own plugin PopeLightning. So I decided to help him    out since I already had half of it written.        Create a txt file in your configs folder called adminslist.txt    Each line in adminslist.txt should be a SteamID    useing ";" comments out lines so they are ignored by the plugin        Enjoy! */     #include <amxmodx> // Amx mod include definitions #include <fun> // Fun Module #include <amxmisc> // Useful functions #include <engine> // Engine Plugin new PLUGIN[]="LightningAdmin" new AUTHOR[]="CubicVirtuoso" new VERSION[]="1.00" new adminid[256] new adminlist[20][256] new nextline = 0 new txtLen = 0 new adminamount = 0 new SpriteLightning, SpriteSmoke new sparks[20][7] public plugin_precache() {     precache_sound("ambience/sparks.wav") // Sparks sound for lightning     precache_sound("ambience/port_suckin1.wav") // Thunder     SpriteSmoke = precache_model("sprites/steam1.spr") // Smoke sprite     SpriteLightning = precache_model("sprites/lgtning.spr") // Lightning sprite     precache_model("sprites/xspark2.spr") // Spark sprite } public plugin_init() {     register_plugin(PLUGIN,VERSION,AUTHOR) // Register Function     register_logevent("roundstart",2,"0=World triggered","1=Round_start")         /* Reads the file then puts it into an array of adminids */     /* ID's MUST BE STEAM IDS!*/     while(read_file("addons/amxmodx/configs/adminslist.txt",nextline++,adminid,255,txtLen))     {         if((adminid[0] == ';') || !txtLen)             continue                 for(new k=0; k<txtLen; k++)         {             adminlist[adminamount][k] = adminid[k]         }         adminamount++     }         for (new count=0;count<adminamount;count++)     {         server_print("Loaded: Custom Admin[%d]: %s", count, adminlist[count])     } } public client_putinserver(id) {     new authid[32]     get_user_authid(id,authid,32)     server_print("User has connected: %s", authid)         for(new i=0;i<adminamount;i++)     {         if(equali(authid,adminlist[i])==1)         {             new username[32]             server_print("User %s is admin according to Custom Admin list", authid)             get_user_name(id,username,32)             client_print(0,print_chat,"Admin %s has entered the server",username)                         set_task(30.0,"strikelightning",id)                         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE         }     }     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public roundstart() {     new players[32]     new playercount         get_players(players,playercount,"a")         for (new i=0; i<playercount; i++)     {         new authid[32]         get_user_authid(players[i],authid,32)                 for(new k=0;k<adminamount;k++)         {             if(equali(authid,adminlist[k])==1)             {                 strikelightning(players[i])                                 server_print("Put in round")             }         }     }         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public strikelightning(id) {     if(is_user_alive(id)==0)     {         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE     }     else     {         new playerlocation[3]         get_user_origin(id,playerlocation)                 for(new k=0;k<20;k++)         {             if (sparks[k][0] == 0)             {                 for (new i = 0; i<7; i++) // goes through lightning spawn 7 times                 {                     new randomlocation[3] // random location for lightning placement                     new higherlocation[3] // location higher up in the sky                                         randomlocation[2] = playerlocation[2]-30 // sets the z value of the random location to the same as the players                     randomlocation[0] = playerlocation[0]+(random_num(-200,200)) // sets random location for lightning spawn                     randomlocation[1] = playerlocation[1]+(random_num(-200,200)) // similiar                                         higherlocation[0] = randomlocation[0]                     higherlocation[1] = randomlocation[1]                     higherlocation[2] = randomlocation[2] + 300 // sets height                                         beampoints(randomlocation, higherlocation, SpriteLightning, 1, 10, 10, 50, 100, 0, 0, 255, 100, 100) // creates lightning bolt                     smoke(randomlocation, SpriteSmoke, 5, 10) // creates smoke puff                     createspark(randomlocation, k, i, id) // creates spark                                         set_task(1.0,"removesparks",i)                                         emit_sound(id,CHAN_AUTO, "ambience/port_suckin1.wav", 1.0, ATTN_NORM, 0, PITCH_NORM)                     emit_sound(id,CHAN_AUTO, "ambience/sparks.wav", 1.0, ATTN_NORM, 0, PITCH_NORM)                     set_task(5.0,"stopsound")                                         server_print("Spawning Lightning")                                     }                 return PLUGIN_CONTINUE             }         }     }         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } /* SVC_TEMPENTITY Effect using TE_BEAMPOINTS    INPUT: below for description    OUTPUT: Beam between two points */ public beampoints(startloc[3], endloc[3], spritename, startframe, framerate, life, width, amplitude, r, g, b, brightness, speed) {     message_begin( MSG_BROADCAST, SVC_TEMPENTITY)     write_byte(0) // TE_BEAMPOINTS     write_coord(startloc[0])     write_coord(startloc[1])     write_coord(startloc[2]) // start location     write_coord(endloc[0])     write_coord(endloc[1])     write_coord(endloc[2]) // end location     write_short(spritename) // spritename     write_byte(startframe) // start frame     write_byte(framerate) // framerate     write_byte(life) // life     write_byte(width) // line width     write_byte(amplitude) // amplitude     write_byte(r)     write_byte(g)     write_byte(b) // color     write_byte(brightness) // brightness     write_byte(speed) // speed     message_end() } //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /* SVC_TEMPENTITY Effect using TE_SMOKE    INPUT: below for description    OUTPUT: Gentle smoke stream travelling upwards */ public smoke(startloc[3], spritename, scale, framerate) {     message_begin( MSG_BROADCAST, SVC_TEMPENTITY)     write_byte(5) // TE_SMOKE     write_coord(startloc[0])     write_coord(startloc[1])     write_coord(startloc[2]) // start location     write_short(spritename) // spritename     write_byte(scale) // scale of sprite     write_byte(framerate) // framerate of sprite     message_end() } //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- public stopsound() {     client_cmd(0,"stopsound") // stops sound on all clients } public createspark(location[3], set, sparknum, id) {     new Float:LocVec[3]     IVecFVec(location, LocVec)         sparks[set][sparknum] = create_entity("env_sprite") // creates enterance ball     if (!sparks[set][sparknum]) // if not exist         return PLUGIN_HANDLED                         entity_set_string(sparks[set][sparknum], EV_SZ_classname, "Sparks") // set name     entity_set_edict(sparks[set][sparknum], EV_ENT_owner, id) // set owner     set_rendering(sparks[set][sparknum], kRenderFxNoDissipation, 0, 0, 0, kRenderGlow, 200) // normal and slight glow     entity_set_int(sparks[set][sparknum], EV_INT_solid, 1) // not a solid but interactive     entity_set_int(sparks[set][sparknum], EV_INT_movetype, 0) // set move type to toss     entity_set_float(sparks[set][sparknum], EV_FL_framerate, 10.0) // Frame Rate     entity_set_model(sparks[set][sparknum], "sprites/xspark2.spr") // enterance sprite     entity_set_origin(sparks[set][sparknum], LocVec) // start posistion     DispatchSpawn(sparks[set][sparknum]) // Dispatches the Fire         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public removesparks(posistion) {     for (new i = 0; i<7; i++)     {         remove_entity(sparks[posistion][i])         sparks[posistion][i] = 0     } }

PS Cubic, if this offends you, I'm sorry, I'll delete it if so.
Old 08-12-2005 , 22:03  
Reply With Quote #8

I just tested it, It didn't work.
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-12-2005 , 22:10  
Reply With Quote #9

Grr.. .ok guys I gotta go pick someone up... but i will be back.. this is what i get for not testing it on CS. I tested it on Svencoop and it works fine. But hold on ill explain my motives when I get back.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-12-2005 , 22:12  
Reply With Quote #10

Yeah in Sven you instantly are in the game when you join

The set_task should accomodate for the amount of time it takes for someone to join in on the game.