Raised This Month: $159 Target: $400
 39% 

Accelerator - Take back control


Post New Thread Closed Thread   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 12-30-2010 , 09:03   Accelerator - Take back control
#1

We've Moved!

Spoiler
__________________

Last edited by asherkin; 01-14-2016 at 11:29.
asherkin is offline
xomp
BANNED
Join Date: Jul 2008
Old 12-30-2010 , 09:41   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#2

I can attest to asherkins' pallyness and will be using this.

As always thanks man!
xomp is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 12-30-2010 , 10:55   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#3

want
psychonic is offline
EHG
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 127.0.0.1
Old 12-30-2010 , 12:04   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#4

You are credit to team
EHG is offline
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Segmentation Fault.
Old 12-31-2010 , 01:14   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#5

I'd be more than happy to install this. However, I have some questions.

1.) Is Valve cutout entirely? Couldn't this create some issues? I mean, they don't fix much as it is (if anything) with SRCDS and this would be far more productive. However, they did however get rather upset when people were using their 'special content' in TF2. I wouldn't think they would get worked up about circumventing their extremely poor implementation of breakpad. But then again, who saw them outright removing attachables before they did.

2.) Are Dumps created locally in the SRCDS directory? If so, are they still stripped?

3.) Will my server not restart until it's finished uploading the coredump? If so, is there any way around this? I'd rather run a Server plugin to outright disable breakpad and run a listener in the background. This way there's no risk of the port being saturated on Limetech and it takes minutes, or even hours to upload an 80mb coredump (just thinking in the grand scheme of things).

4.) How on earth do you come up with these awesome ideas?

I hope none of these questions were downright moronic D:
KyleS is offline
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 12-31-2010 , 01:34   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
1.) Is Valve cutout entirely? Couldn't this create some issues? I mean, they don't fix much as it is (if anything) with SRCDS and this would be far more productive. However, they did however get rather upset when people were using their 'special content' in TF2. I wouldn't think they would get worked up about circumventing their extremely poor implementation of breakpad. But then again, who saw them outright removing attachables before they did.
Yes, Valve are cutout entirely, I have semi-plans to automatically forward it to their system (since I store all the incoming info, this is easy) if there are no plugin's functions on the stack. In the end this'll be more useful overall, as Valve are known to ignore any crashes where plugins are involved, but purely SRCDS issues would still make it through.
Depending on bandwidth, may be able to forward all of them on, it's unfortunate this can't be done in-SRCDS though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
2.) Are Dumps created locally in the SRCDS directory? If so, are they still stripped?
In Linux, they are saved to the host's tmp directory, yes they are stripped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
3.) Will my server not restart until it's finished uploading the coredump? If so, is there any way around this? I'd rather run a Server plugin to outright disable breakpad and run a listener in the background. This way there's no risk of the port being saturated on Limetech and it takes minutes, or even hours to upload an 80mb coredump (just thinking in the grand scheme of things).
The minidumps are about 250KB, they are not traditional core dumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
4.) How on earth do you come up with these awesome ideas?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
I hope none of these questions were downright moronic D:
Never.
__________________
asherkin is offline
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 12-31-2010 , 13:38   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#7

Got a little rudimentary page up.
http://crash.limetech.org/
If you are watching the server console when it crashes, you can enter the ID that it printed into the form to see the stacktrace for that crash.

I will ask that you don't hammer the page, as it's all live data .

EDIT: As you can see, already getting a trend .
__________________

Last edited by asherkin; 12-31-2010 at 15:02.
asherkin is offline
FrozenHaxor
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poland
Old 01-01-2011 , 13:03   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#8

Cool!
__________________
FrozenHaxor is offline
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands
Old 01-01-2011 , 14:32   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.
#9

Added our linux servers to the list, indeed its a part of good faith. In the end the benefit for us would be to have less crashing server too. They still crash too often to my likings.

p.s. i did send 20 bucks over for all the hard work, although i forgot to mention it was from me.. ;P)
__________________
Arguing with a fool only proves there are two
snelvuur is offline
beraIV
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Old 01-01-2011 , 20:55   drop the package
#10

were i drop the package???

Last edited by beraIV; 01-01-2011 at 20:58.
beraIV is offline
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode