Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)

Post New Thread Reply   

ellis
Old 12-12-2010 , 12:51   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #421

the crashes are now gone but

http://img213.**************/f/l4dvsa...reenhousj.jpg/

i think the problem is not fixable its a bug of the game or so but it doesn't matter.
alternatively it can fixed with stripper its not really hard because there are most times only 2-4 ammo spawns on one map. easy to handle.

I looked again in the stipper and yeah there really two ammo models. i have completly forget that in l4d1 the coffee ammo is standard integrated in the game.

models/props/terror/ammo_stack.mdl

models/props_unique/spawn_apartment/coffeeammo.mdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
The item limiter is extremely simple ... there basically cant be anything wrong about it. It just finds all items, puts their id's in a lottery box, then randomly deletes until the limit number is reached.

That is BEFORE the items are indexed and long before any wipes occur.
umm ok ,maybe i was wrong.

and what is now exactly wrong with the weapons or the water breake, any idea?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2010 , 13:40   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #422

The weapons are probably spawning after indexing took place (1 or 2 frames later)

Water Brake - i have absolutely no idea. All it does is check flags (game independent) and change m_flLaggedMovement (game independent)
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2010 , 09:29   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #423

Cant get confogl to work http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=145610 do i need this plugin as well?
Old 12-18-2010 , 12:55   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #424

No.
ellis
Old 12-25-2010 , 07:05   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #425

Atomic how can i set the infetced despawner so, that zombies spawn faster against rushing. often when we play against good players we cant stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post

I have another possible request. single pickup weapons? as a cvar toggle?

would be great.
i would support this, its really hard to make damage, against 4 ak's, 4 autoshotguns. or 4 sniper's. it would be really useful.
i find it is a good compromise between the tier2 weapons, its stupid to remove tier2 weapons on the overall map like confogl.
this issue is overated, in my mind. it makes no sense above you shoot with 4 uzis on one infected or with 4 m16, its a difference between miliseconds.
tier2 are only dangerous when more than 2 people play the same class of one weapons. ( 4 autos, 4 ak's )
I notice it meanwhile very often, it were a good extra for the weapons.
Also many people say me this, in teamversus or in l4d1.
" why no t2 weapon remove" or something.
btw it would force more randomness, variety in the game ;) also why not in coop mode the director spawn also tier2 weapons and items more less, in advanced and expert.

Last edited by ellis; 12-25-2010 at 07:08.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2010 , 14:02   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #426

PHP Code:
srs_infected_despawn_distance          "700.0"     // How far behind a Zombie has to be for removal, in Ingame Distance Units per Second 

srs_infected_despawn_min_advance          "33.0"     // How much distance in  Ingame Distance Units per Second the Survivors must have advanced for  Despawning to trigger 

srs_infected_despawn_min_lifetime      "15.0"     // How many seconds a Zombie should be alive for before it can be despawned

srs_infected_despawn_near_safety          "1000.0"     // If the Survivors are this close to the Saferoom the Despawner stops working 
Those are pretty clear. Lower them to get more aggressive despawning.

I posted a simple "single t2 pickup" plugin somewhere in the Request forum.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=16
GanjaStar
Old 12-25-2010 , 17:22   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post

I posted a simple "single t2 pickup" plugin somewhere in the Request forum.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=16
Just to confirm, the plugin works great with srs, and it makes the game much better. now it actually matters what weapons people take, and its a part of tactics now deciding which player takes which weapon.

the only unaffected weapons are the hunting rifle on the bilboard of dark carnival map1, deagle in the no mercy saferoom on maps 4 and 5, and hunting rifles in the gunshop of dead center 2.
ellis
Old 12-26-2010 , 13:18   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #428

well, i have played a game this morning with the singlet2 plugin and it was really funny on no mercy, good job
i have now updated my srsmod.cfg with the new item limiter in l4d2 too make more precise adjustments with the items and use the new feature with srsmod.
But i had the same bugs as in l4d1, with the item limiter and no this time i have not imagined.

The first team has sometimes more than the adjusted item densinity, 3 molotov limit and 5-6 molotovs on the map. ( i had this bug only in l4d death toll finale as yet, not in l4d2 )

After the team switch, the enemy team has no items, items disappear or spawn not on the same place ( rather the first i think )

Last edited by ellis; 12-27-2010 at 06:23.
ellis
Old 12-27-2010 , 06:47   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #429

i played today dark carnival and i have some situtations were i has the bug that items not on the same place for both teams or items are gone for the enemy teams i dont know.

example: c2m2_fairgrounds
we played first survivor and i walked in the shooting gallery, there were you can shoot the mustachio. i found a pipe_bomb so later we die and a team switch.
so i runned instantly to the place were i have found the pipe_bomb and the pipe was gone

other example: c2m3_coaster
we start as survivors on the map so i opened the door and a charger charged on of my teammate back in the saferoom, ok but i am still running forward so in a corner i found again a pipe bomb, easy to remember for me. so we died and teamswitch and i runned to the spot with the ghost to look for the pipe bomb and there are again gone. no one of the enemy team can grabbed the pipe because they was still in the saferoom.

third example: c7m2_barge:
we are survivor, run in this house after the sea and i walked upstairs and on the table there was one molotov and one pills
after we died and the enemy team reached the sea i looked on the same spot and the items was again gone or dissapeard.

eventually there nothing wrong with the item limiter itself when you say there cant anything wrong. maybe a other little thing item wip distance or so i dont know.

more items as the adjusted in the config, were not visible this time, i had this issue only as yet in the death toll finale on l4d.

i would be cool when a other person can confirm my bugs!.
or a self test on your own server.

here my new config:

Last edited by ellis; 03-08-2011 at 08:56. Reason: see page 48
GanjaStar
Old 12-27-2010 , 20:09   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #430

i do not have such issues in l4d 2. windows server. latest srs. all item placement is the same, except the one that happens even in vanilla versus. hard rain map 2. right out of the saferoom door, room on the right, sometimes only the second team gets laser sights.