Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

leonil7
BANNED
Old 10-11-2010 , 17:46   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.0)
Reply With Quote #331

still crashes on bill on the swamp maps.
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2010 , 18:11   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.0)
Reply With Quote #332

Couple things to report unless reported already.

If a player doesn't load in on map immediately with the L4D1 survivor then they revert back to a L4D2 survivor when they return from idle or afk.

Also another thing of note though I REALLY don't think it can be fixed but it SHOULD be considering they added them with the DLC is the blacking out of the characters in the tab menu when you select them as L4D1 survivors.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2010 , 18:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.9)
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterbrute View Post
You seem to have misunderstood what it is that I said. All I said was that Valve put the survivors into L4D2 with non broken animations. I never said they gave us anything else, and I am perfectly fine with them using L4D2 skeletons as long as they hold melee weapons properly and Zoey doesnt stand like a man.

Going to try and modify that one plugin that spawns the L4D1 guys and see if I can get mi's method working with that so all 8 are on level at once.
Actually Hunterbrute...might want to hold off on that

And I finally found a surefire way to not have Bill crash the server after a map is completed.
Hunterbrute
Old 10-11-2010 , 19:54   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #334

Mi your most recent update with spawning the l4d1 survivors has made me extremely happy.

Thanks.

Edit:

Couple things

When I spawn it wants to default me as one of the L4D2 guys, so I set it up to default me as louis. However now with the l4d1 bots spawning it spawns all 8 survivors plus me, is there any way you could make it so it restricts the amount of bots on the level to 8 and checks to see if a client or bot is already using a character?

And at the beginning of some levels it either spawns 4 extra l4d2 bots or no extra bots, but that may be on my end not sure.

Other than both those, its pretty much perfect.

Last edited by Hunterbrute; 10-11-2010 at 20:52.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2010 , 21:09   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #335

The plugin does check to see how many bots are on the map while its spawning the additional L4D1 bots. As far as checking the bot's character and such, yes it is possible, although I had hoped that it wasn't CSM doing the managing of the bot's character. And the last one sounds like a bug; which map were those that bugged out?
Hunterbrute
Old 10-11-2010 , 21:14   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #336

Parish level 1 is what I tried it on, it worked on the second level and all the following. Well besides spawning an extra louis that is.
iNFiNiTeX
Old 10-11-2010 , 21:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #337

Working alot better now, however there are a few issues still.

l4d_csm_l4d1_bots doesn't seem to replace the original bots, it simply just adds onto them. I don't know if this was intentional but if it was please add a cvar to replace the originals.

When you first join the game, csm notifies you of what model you are as if you had just used it (No I don't have l4d_csm_announce on). I don't really much like text spam at the start of my game, so if you could please fix this or even add a cvar to turn the "You are now ----" notification on or off that would be great.

Otherwise good job, keep up the good work!
Hunterbrute
Old 10-11-2010 , 21:51   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #338

Something else as well.

Perhaps a l4d_csm_l4d2_bots cvar would be helpful if we dont want them spawning in l4d1 campaigns. Just a thought as it isnt needed.
JayXsane
Old 10-11-2010 , 22:42   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #339

Actually I've found a bug too. I changed my character to Bill on Dead Center 2 (as well as before on Dark Carnival Finale) and the server crashed. I don't know about other maps but as for Zoey, Louis and Francis, they work fine but Bill seems to be crashing my server.

Also, what happened to the Infected? I disabled the menu FOR Infected but when I open the CSM for Survivors, the infected are gone? I didn't disable it but they won't show up. (Before I used to be a tank on the survivor team during campaigns.)

Last thing, and you probably get this question a lot but... how to I set the cfg up so that admins can be Whatever they like on either team, then anyone else (non-admins) can only use the CSM to choose other survivors? (For Non-Admins: They can choose any of the 8 survivors on the survivor team while for admins, they can choose anything at any time? Does that make sense?)

Sorry to bug.
Send a message via Skype™ to JayXsane
Hunterbrute
Old 10-11-2010 , 23:51   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.1)
Reply With Quote #340

Same issue as Jay, Bill is working *most of the time* but he crashes for me on Swamp Fever, hard rain, and DC2.

Also really major bug/exploit. If you start the finale in a lot of maps as a l4d1 survivor where you should be an l4d2 one, the horde never comes.