Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2010 , 00:58   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #781

All 8 survivors with voices, icons, etc playable on any of the current L4D2 campaigns and the new DLC campaigns which feature the L4D1 survivors is what I would consider a complete project.

I'm sure everyone here can get it done. The question is what will it do to server stability across the L4D2 community? If in anyway it comprises it. It will probably end up being what it is now across many servers.

L4D2 campaigns with L4D2 full characters and L4D1 models only and vice versa for the new DLC content with L4D1 full characters with L4D2 models only.
Hunterbrute
Old 10-08-2010 , 02:49   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
All 8 survivors with voices, icons, etc playable on any of the current L4D2 campaigns and the new DLC campaigns which feature the L4D1 survivors is what I would consider a complete project.

I'm sure everyone here can get it done. The question is what will it do to server stability across the L4D2 community? If in anyway it comprises it. It will probably end up being what it is now across many servers.

L4D2 campaigns with L4D2 full characters and L4D1 models only and vice versa for the new DLC content with L4D1 full characters with L4D2 models only.
From what Ive seen you can get all 4 L4D1 working in all L4D2 campaigns along side the L4D2 survivors.

The only issue is when survivor_set is 1, campaigns like The Sacrifice and No mercy.
uriel18
Old 10-08-2010 , 08:39   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterbrute View Post
From what Ive seen you can get all 4 L4D1 working in all L4D2 campaigns along side the L4D2 survivors.

The only issue is when survivor_set is 1, campaigns like The Sacrifice and No mercy.
It´s only a question of time.

I have tested all the things said here, and I´m stuck at the same point, but there are 2 o 3 things that might work.

The problem is something that Valve has changed in the way the survivors are identified or something in the code. We have to find that change and see how flip it.
Old 10-08-2010 , 12:25   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel18 View Post
It´s only a question of time.

I have tested all the things said here, and I´m stuck at the same point, but there are 2 o 3 things that might work.

The problem is something that Valve has changed in the way the survivors are identified or something in the code. We have to find that change and see how flip it.
The other models for the characters are not pre-cached into the game when playing the L4D1 campaign. Hence we need to find a way to make them all pre-cached by the server.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
Portalboat
Old 10-08-2010 , 16:14   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #785

It's already cached by the code in the CSM.
Hunterbrute
Old 10-09-2010 , 01:36   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
It's already cached by the code in the CSM.
That and you can precache them with a cvar anyways. I have a L4D1/L4D2 model precache plugin I made for myself in case something ever breaks. However even with said plugin, the survivors are still broke in L4D1 levels.
paul92
Old 10-09-2010 , 16:51   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #787

Hi, i have done all the listed points... But i have 1 problem:
Bill is invisible... So the model doesnt' work...
What i wrong? :S
Can you help me with this?
Hope you can!

P.S: This plugin is... so... don't know how to explain! Hope you can finish it as soon as possible!
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 10-10-2010 , 08:41   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #788

Did you guys try to read the core dump that the server generates on every crash? That could be providing alot of info.
Hunterbrute
Old 10-10-2010 , 17:01   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #789

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcode23 View Post
Did you guys try to read the core dump that the server generates on every crash? That could be providing alot of info.
I never get one when it happens, only when I crash from something else.
uriel18
Old 10-11-2010 , 05:15   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #790

I´m trying now to get back Zoey´s original animations. The only problem is that how she use now Rochelle´s ones, I have to change them for Rochelle too.
It´s a pity because on Rochelle give some bugs.
And I don´t know what in versus online also give a lot of bugs.

Why the hell they change the animations? They had to do only a copy & paste of Zoey´s animations.....lazy Valve...

By the way: Someone knows if localiced captions are back?

I have captions for L4d1 survivors but L4d2 survivors don´t have. I know is problem of the last updates, but I saw a post in steam forums that said it was fixed. Maybe is fixed for english but not the localiced content.

Last edited by uriel18; 10-11-2010 at 05:18.