Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-09-2010 , 12:13   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1331

Because voogru was in a hurry to get the patch out.
Old 09-09-2010 , 18:38   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Here is the one that is supposed to fix the ZF bug, as well as changing class in spawn. It also includes the SteamID modification that allows you to put in a "steamid" into the itemlist file to limit to steamid.

Let me know if there's something wrong with this.

(Jouva's fix plus Damizean's and asherkin's steamid modification)

Also, Damizean told me that he was going to focus more on his Beta Wearables plugin (hasn't been update since 2009 :\ ) so he might not update this much.
Thank you, I have already put it on my server and so far it looks like it works. I am going to keep an eye on it to make sure everything is ok.

update: I have been told by several people that pedobear hats are stilll showing up on the red team. Do I have to do more than just replace the smx file?

here is the ip address of the server in case you want to see whats going on with it 72.51.60.85:27017

Last edited by goodBEan; 09-09-2010 at 19:42.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2010 , 03:26   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1333

Hm... that's strange goodBEan. It seems to work fine on my server (we have ZF too), and the hats don't carry from one team to the other... I'll see what's up. All I did was add Jouva's fix/ hook to player_changeclass... (plus steamID mod, which isn't relevant atm)
Megane
Old 09-13-2010 , 09:33   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1334

Say, it's not possible to add every custom hat, is there?

For example, all those ones which replace another hat after installing it, like the hats in the Fancy vs. Nasty update. I tried adding the Celtic Crown, put all the files into the the according ones where also the files for the Samus and Pedobear hats are located and edited the config. Upon equipping it though, I got the ERROR model.

That's why I am asking whether it's even possible to add them, or whether they have a different structure of sorts. "Porting" them I guess would be impossible or frowned upon. Too bad Zuko's link to that hat pack is dead... do any mirrors exist?
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2010 , 09:41   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1335

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
EraserHats Pack I

I am proud to announce that i have released my first pack of ported hats. You can download the pack from www.pulpfortress.com

These are all hats not included in Zuko's hats pack that i have ported from fpsbanana. Some of them have jigglebones, thanks to ScopeSP for helping me with this.

To make a complete party out of this i also fixed all the broken hats in Zuko's pack and released them as a separate pack. These are the hats that turn black under certain lighting conditions. You cannot see it yourself so i got help from others who told me which hats turned black and which ones didn't. If you encounter any more hats that have this problem please tell me so i can fix them and re-upload the packs, i might have overlooked some.

The remaining hats from Zuko's pack that didn't have this problem i have bundeled together as a pack as well. So there are 3 packs available. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, on our website you can also find a gallery of all the hats in the packs.
Maybe Damizean could reference this at the start of the thread.
Old 09-13-2010 , 17:23   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1336

Hopefully my clan would let me add some of those to the server. BTW is there a place where I can request/submit ideas for hats? I want to see the awsome face in TF2

Also would it be possible to add a feature where you can restrain hats by specific admin flag? on my servers we have a custom flag for members, custom flag for donators, and a flag for admins.

@flamingsarge are you going to give the fix for ZF another shot?
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2010 , 12:09   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1337

goodBean, you should just use the one flamingsarge posted, you can assign hats based on steam ID that way. The plugin has a flag in that you can set in the itemlist for admins. Don't think you can differentiate donators and admins though.
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2010 , 19:10   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1338

Dangit, he took post 1337 T.T also I'm "flaminsarge" not "flamingsarge" slight peeve.
Anyways:
@Megane, look at eraserhead's skin to hat porting guide a couple pages back. You will be able to use the Celtic crown if you do that (legally, too).

@goodBEan, the current version you're running with my attempt at the ZF fix should have the ability to limit by steamid. In the cfg file with all the hats, add a "steamid" "STEAM_0:0:1010304789,STEAM....." line to whatever hats you want to limit by steamid. Separate with commas. And I will try fixing the ZF bug again.

Also @goodBEan again, the awesome face hat is already in tf2. Join any of the voogru servers and it should download into models/TFAdmin/.... on your computer. Then you can upload them in the same area on your server. Make sure to keep the path the same so people who have already been to voogru's servers don't have to redownload. Also you will need a .dep file, which tells the plugin which files it needs for the model. I shall help you with that if you need. .dep files can be edited with text editor. Look at some examples of .dep files.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-14-2010 at 19:15.
Megane
Old 09-15-2010 , 15:35   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1339

I tried porting the crown, but in the end it was the ERROR model again.

Quote:
$cd "D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\airbeat\sources dk\bin\ep1\bin\crown"
$modelname "custom\items\celtic_crown\celtic_crown_hat.m dl"
$model "Body" "kingcrown_reference.smd"
$cdmaterials "\models\items\celtic_crown.mdl"
$texturegroup skinfamilies
{
{ "celtic_crown.vmt" }
{ "celtic_crown_blu.vmt" }
}
$hboxset "default"
$hbox 0 "bip_head" -4.060 -2.812 -5.501 3.811 0.523 5.197
// Model uses material "celtic_crown.vmt"
// Model uses material "celtic_crown_blu.vmt"
$surfaceprop "cloth"
$illumposition 0.125 -3.031 82.528
$sequence idle "idle" loop fps 30.00
$collisionmodel "phymodel.smd" {

$mass 2.0
$inertia 1.00
$damping 0.00
$rotdamping 0.00
}
I think it's because of $illumposition. I put "0 0 0 bip_head" there, which in the end lead to the error model. With "default" the model won't even compile.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2010 , 16:22   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1340

not sure if the space is hanging you up or not. in m dl.