wasder
Old 08-28-2010 , 13:18   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #71

No? Then we still have a problem.
Send a message via Skype™ to wasder
BBloke
Old 08-30-2010 , 06:34   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #72

I'll post up some things so you can get it working as I have. I was hoping the author would do something or request it as it is his work.

Here goes.

The source is what we've used to compile the plugin.
Rename play.txt to play.php and edit it with your URL to where you keep the files.

I've made some changes to suit our own needs that shouldn't reflect in it's functionailty.

Hope it works for you all.

If you are curious where we have it work come visit us on Friday nights. www.festersplace.com
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (karaoke.sp - 320 views - 19.2 KB)
File Type: txt play.txt (987 Bytes, 170 views)
wasder
Old 08-30-2010 , 12:03   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #73

Very, very much thank you, guy! It works!
Send a message via Skype™ to wasder
BBloke
Old 09-02-2010 , 07:04   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #74

Phew! Glad it works for you. Happy times.
Kenny8U
Old 09-03-2010 , 16:37   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #75

Thanks for the fix. We got it working again on our server, but there are a couple people who still can't hear any music.

They have assure me that they have "download all files" turned on. So we were wondering if they needed to update Flash on their PC's or something else. I'm sure we can rule out different Windows OS, cos the people who could hear it, were on XP (32 bit), Vista (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit) and one of the guys who couldn't hear the music were on Vista (64 bit).
BINGORUM
Old 09-04-2010 , 04:11   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #76

ask that can work for counter strike source
BBloke
Old 09-04-2010 , 07:32   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #77

Don't know.. did it work with it before I made some changes?
Kenny8U
Old 09-05-2010 , 12:36   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #78

We worked out why a couple of people couldn't hear anything, they of cause had disabled HTML MOTD in the TF2 option menu.

Thanks again BBloke for the fix and let the music begin!

Don't stop believin'.........
CUatTHEFINISH
Old 09-06-2010 , 07:14   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #79

As far as I'm seeing, this is an issue with the fact Steam uses Webkit as a browser rendering engine. If you have a plugin such as quicktime, a user will hear the sound. Otherwise webkit has nothing to use to play the sound file. The reason this worked in the past was due to the fact that IE knew what to use to play that embed because it's an ActiveX control.

Now I've tried a way around this by using JWPlayer (flash based), the pros of it are it can accept the same arguments as that embed code can (volume, link path, and starting time) but the issue is the volume controls are dodgy at best. I've had users complain it's just WAY too loud even if I hard code the volume really low.

I haven't done extensive testing on it (could be maybe their game cached the play.php file?) but this seems like the only solution outside of telling people to download quicktime. it isn't clean, but the solution does work for everybody in the server. I just wish I could fix the volume problems JWPlayer was giving me.

You can change the volume during the track, but it may cause the game to crash if you do it one too many times. I also had to recode the if statement in the plugin for /kstop just to force it to stop regardless of what was going on (which sets that browser to about:blank)

Last edited by CUatTHEFINISH; 09-06-2010 at 07:38.
kiquecake
Old 09-09-2010 , 21:13   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #80

Well, I tried the fix for the browser problem. At first, it seemed to work for me, as I were able to hear the music in the browser, using the play.php.

But, ingame, when I use the /k command, the music starts before the correct time. But that's isn't the real problem. When the countdown gets to zero, all the clients connected to the server crashes (O.O).

Any pointers?