Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Help please

Post New Thread Reply   

Exploited
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2010 , 12:57   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #11

That black box is a command prompt, allso known as CMD.
When you compile something, a new folder appears in your scripting folder, called "Compiled". In the Compiled folder, you will get .amxx files from all the heroes you compile. Replace all your current .amxx files that doesn't work with new, recompiled ones.
Jelle (1): You know when a poo is about to exit but it is too big?
Jelle (1): God my ass still hurts
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2010 , 13:16   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploited View Post
Try it. Iirc Exodus does not use an custom incs. Most (if not all?) heroes does not.
No goddamit, theres no separate includes for separate heroes except that you need monster mod for some heroes.
Old 08-23-2010 , 13:20   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #13

I said Most (if not all?) cause I believed no heroes used custom includes, but I didn't say that no heroes use it, because as you pointed out in another thread, I am not very experienced/good at scripting and I didn't want to trick someone.
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2010 , 13:50   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploited View Post
I said Most (if not all?) cause I believed no heroes used custom includes, but I didn't say that no heroes use it, because as you pointed out in another thread, I am not very experienced/good at scripting and I didn't want to trick someone.
I tell you this, you are perhaps not good at scripting but you are a lot smarter then most people (may I call them noobs) that come around here and asks stupid questions. As I said in that other thread, I didnt mean to offend you and I really dont want a flame war with you as I kind of like you because you are a lot smarter then most other beginners here
Old 08-23-2010 , 14:15   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #15

Well, in the start I probably was like those 'noobs', but that was because I did not dare to edit any files cause I was afraid to fuck things up. After Jelle told me that I had to be less careful while doing this stuff I actually started reading the .cfgs and stuff, wich allowed me to figure out a lot of the things that the 'noobs' ask for help with myself.

The reason I haven't really got around to use the includes to their full potential isn't because I don't check them, but because I lack the knowledge of how to do some things (like previously, when I didn't know how to call forwards. Thankfully I think I know this now, heh).

I'm also pretty enthusiastic (spelling?) because at the moment my server is almost always the server with the most players online in Condition Zero.
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 08-23-2010 , 15:42   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #16

The reason why the new ones in here wont work is because you used the auto installer to install SH mod with. This you should never do, as that is outdated. The reason why the heroes in the pack works, is because it is compiled for your version of SH (probably 1.1, and those you get some here separetely is to SH 1.2, and those wont work together. You should upgrade, as allot of bugs and allot of uptimization has been done for 1.2. If you dont upgrade, you wont be able to use any new heroes, as they are coded for 1.2, and not 1.18.

You can check your version by using the command "amxx plugins" in the server console, or use "amx_showrcon amxx plugins" using a client console.