Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Steam id ticket.

Post New Thread Reply   

onetaek
Old 06-05-2005 , 15:15   Steam id ticket.
Reply With Quote #1

I can't fix it. When I start my dedicated server, its fine. BUt when I try to connect to it, it brings me to a steam id ticket screen when I join my server. And I tried to restart my server, and it still shows that message. PLease help me
Xerxes
Old 06-05-2005 , 16:04  
Reply With Quote #2

Tried to go to VALVe site and see their support..?
gungho
Old 06-05-2005 , 22:00  
Reply With Quote #3

lol i dont think its your servers fault. it happens to me sometimes too, but when it shows for me because my older brother is on the same account playing cs 1.6 on the other computer while im playing dod on the other computer. its because youre signed on with the same account on more than 1 computer?
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2005 , 01:02  
Reply With Quote #4

A steam ticket is a security measure used by VALVe to ensure that only 1 person is playing on VALVe servers at any given times. When you get the error message "Your ticket has expired, please login again" is because you logged onto another computer (with different IP address usually) and you are trying to login so it prompts you too login. Just enter your information and let it go.

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2005 , 01:17  
Reply With Quote #5

Connect with the right IP address ffs.

If yuo have a router, you MUST connect with the LAN IP, which is usually 192.168.1.*. If you don't, you connect with either 127.0.0.1, or with the IP address itself.
Old 06-06-2005 , 01:36  
Reply With Quote #6

the ip address should not matter unless he is using the counter-strike server built into counter-strike to run the server. But for reference purposes, he should use the ip at www.ipchicken.com to connect.

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2005 , 02:24  
Reply With Quote #7

Nope.

When you connect to your WAN IP from inside a router, you get a STEAM TICKET ID has expired error. Which is what I think he's getting.

In which case you must connect with the LAN IP and not the WAN IP, and all should be good.
Old 06-06-2005 , 02:51  
Reply With Quote #8

i have a similar problem. I have two computers that are both wirless that are connected thru one router afew rooms over. I am shoting a internet server on one computer, and try to play in my server in the other one, but it keeps telling me my steam ticket id has expired. The only way i can play on it is if i connect my server hosting computer to my old internet connection (dsl). and use road runner on my non server hosting computer. how can i play on my server, while both computers are hooked up to road runner?

thanks alot
Send a message via AIM to brettyboy879
Punani
Old 06-06-2005 , 07:02  
Reply With Quote #9

I have it sometimes too... Just restart ur game.. that helps 4 me
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2005 , 16:35  
Reply With Quote #10

the moment you connect with the lan ip, your ping will in most cases go through the roof because you are sending your router through a loop-de-loop. It is best to have a static ip address for each of your computers and make sure that your router does not give them the same ip or you will probably keep getting the ticket error.