Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

CnB|Omega
Old 05-03-2010 , 14:10   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #391

Our server's have been using Saysounds for a very long time.
After this last update, we updated our Sourcemod and Metamod to the latest snapshots. All other plugins we have are working.
The problem is this...
Code:
Failed to load sound "cnb\bonesaw_1.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
All sounds worked before the tf2 and sourcemod updates, and the file is still in the directory, but it still fails to play.

Any ideas?

Edit: Even weirder, sometimes, some random sounds will actually work for the entire map, while others wont. Next map, its the same thing, sounds that worked before no longer work, while some new sounds will.

Last edited by CnB|Omega; 05-03-2010 at 14:44.
Neo_Bahamut_19
Old 05-05-2010 , 22:30   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #392

I found out what seems to be the problem (for me at least, others will have to verify this as a solution). Basically, the source engine is wanting a lower case folder for the files to be in, mine was MSZS. The console reported it as mszs, so I deleted the files off my PC and renamed the servers folder to mszs. This caused me to redownload the sounds and they worked just fine after. Not sure if it's just me, but it might be a part of the issue.

Update: My clan mate who I've been working on our new server with just verified this does fix it, looking for more input still though.

Last edited by Neo_Bahamut_19; 05-05-2010 at 22:33.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-05-2010 , 23:09   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Bahamut_19 View Post
the source engine is wanting a lower case folder for the files to be in, mine was MSZS.
File (and directory) names are case-sensitive in linux. So, if your server, and/or speedy download web-host, runs linux then it is very important for the case to match. They can be lower case, UPPER CASE or a CoMbInAtIoN, but it has to match everywhere, including the saysounds config file.

Last edited by naris; 05-05-2010 at 23:11.
Neo_Bahamut_19
Old 05-05-2010 , 23:25   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
File (and directory) names are case-sensitive in linux. So, if your server, and/or speedy download web-host, runs linux then it is very important for the case to match. They can be lower case, UPPER CASE or a CoMbInAtIoN, but it has to match everywhere, including the saysounds config file.

Our server is a windows server actually. Also, it's an issue with the source engine only recognizing lower case and being case sensitive, it's converting the URL to lower case. My suggestion is for the time being, even though people might need to redownload stuff, is to change the containing folders name to lower case and add something to it until you can go back, also, you will need to edit your saysounds.cfg file in your sourcemod/config folder to reflect the change.
Old 05-06-2010 , 02:04   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB|Omega View Post
Our server's have been using Saysounds for a very long time.
After this last update, we updated our Sourcemod and Metamod to the latest snapshots. All other plugins we have are working.
The problem is this...
Code:
Failed to load sound "cnb\bonesaw_1.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
All sounds worked before the tf2 and sourcemod updates, and the file is still in the directory, but it still fails to play.

Any ideas?

Edit: Even weirder, sometimes, some random sounds will actually work for the entire map, while others wont. Next map, its the same thing, sounds that worked before no longer work, while some new sounds will.
Though this has not been happening on my Funserver (Saysounds is working flawlessly since the update and didn't even break before updating sourcemod), I do frequently play on the CnB servers and can confirm what Omega is saying. Sometimes some sounds work, but then on map change, they won't work anymore. It's really odd.
WGSXFrank
Old 05-08-2010 , 19:33   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #396

Any way to make this work with a /vol (0 - 100) command to adjust volume player-side?

Also, can anyone help me with a problem that just started happening today?

Whenever I activate a Karaoke song, the countdown will happen, then the lyrics will start, but the songs will not play. Instead, I'm getting the "[Sorry]- This is an action sound!" message in chat.

But they are not set as action sounds at all, I can't figure it out at all.
Old 05-09-2010 , 12:26   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #397

I've gotten the plugin to work... partially

I'm the only one who can hear the sounds. I switched them from admin sound to regular sounds but it doesn't work. I have some friends who got on the server and downloaded the sounds, but they can't hear it when I play them, while I can hear it perfectly fine.

Help?

Last edited by Kirizaki; 05-09-2010 at 13:45.
WGSXFrank
Old 05-09-2010 , 15:34   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirizaki View Post
I've gotten the plugin to work... partially

I'm the only one who can hear the sounds. I switched them from admin sound to regular sounds but it doesn't work. I have some friends who got on the server and downloaded the sounds, but they can't hear it when I play them, while I can hear it perfectly fine.

Help?
You uploaded the sound files to your fastdownloads server, right?
Old 05-09-2010 , 15:43   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGSXFrank View Post
You uploaded the sound files to your fastdownloads server, right?
Yea; I uploaded the files to my site under http://kirizakicomics.com/tf/

I recently logged onto the server again and I couldn't even hear the files myself. It's not working.
Nilsb7
Old 05-10-2010 , 16:04   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.4)
Reply With Quote #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirizaki View Post
Yea; I uploaded the files to my site under http://kirizakicomics.com/tf/

I recently logged onto the server again and I couldn't even hear the files myself. It's not working.
same here, on a counter strike source server though