Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[l4d2]making the knife available

Post New Thread Reply   

bjbjbPhob
Old 03-14-2010 , 21:56   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #11

hello in new here! srry for my english im italian. Well i need help with knife. i have try to add code on stripper but didnt change still not see knife, and i have try to change .vpk file but server crashed. srry im new here
dani1341
BANNED
Old 03-16-2010 , 08:11   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigs View Post
Again, that's something that would need to be downloaded by all connecting players. That's not what we're looking for.

As of now, the knife can only be used when a german player connects. That's not the case with all other cs weapons. Using them without any german player ingame is not a problem.
It doesn't really needed to be downloaded from the players its the Melee Weapons Megapack but its packed in an addon It will requer sv_consistency 0 so that the players can join.
bjbjbPhob
Old 03-17-2010 , 21:20   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani1341 View Post
Here I tested this addon in single player and local host its working only in dedicated server its untested If you host local your server will need sv_consistency 0 !!!
works fine when i hosted server and on coop but when put on dedicated versus mode crashed all players
dani1341
BANNED
Old 03-18-2010 , 00:47   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #14

that means this is only for local host The dedicated server doesn't really suppots vpk if you ask me

Edit:Oh maybe because it gives hunter claws (hunter hands) and this might brign a crash

Last edited by dani1341; 03-18-2010 at 00:49.
ABRAoriginal
Old 03-18-2010 , 15:32   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani1341 View Post
that means this is only for local host The dedicated server doesn't really suppots vpk if you ask me

Edit:Oh maybe because it gives hunter claws (hunter hands) and this might brign a crash
i wanna see the hunter claw glitch people on my sevrer said that sometimes when they use the knife it does that and i noticed that whenever im told about it theres a hunter bot that spawns and someone used the riot shield they said they had boomer claws and as soon as the boomer died it went away aparently
birno
Old 04-24-2010 , 05:38   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #16

I use the knife on local server after modding the vpk, it's worked fine until the DLC downloadin, now I modded the vpk again, but no "give hunting_knife" command.
How can I get back the knife?
I really love that weapon.
birno
Old 04-24-2010 , 18:14   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by birno View Post
I use the knife on local server after modding the vpk, it's worked fine until the DLC downloadin, now I modded the vpk again, but no "give hunting_knife" command.
How can I get back the knife?
I really love that weapon.
So, any idea?
cigs
Old 04-24-2010 , 20:22   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #18

Your best bet is to ask on the forums of l4dmods.com. Modding a vpk file is not related to sourcemod, but related to modding actual gamefiles.
Old 04-25-2010 , 03:47   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #19

Ok, I will ask that, but I think it's working without modding the vpk.
The first time when I see the knife in the game I play on a custom map only with my friend, we are no germans, we no pre-order the game, but we can use the knife without modding, because the map contains it in the vpk.
There's a modified melee_manifest.txt and a hunting_knife.txt file and of course the changed campaign files.
The campaign was Welcome to Hell.
So I think the valve just remove the spawn command(give hunting_knife) or changed it and I don't know for what.
The new pak01_dir.vpk contains a knife.txt in the script folder and listed in the melee_manifest.txt so I think we just need the command how to spawn it.
triggerman
Old 04-28-2010 , 17:10   Re: [l4d2]making the knife available
Reply With Quote #20

Hey look
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=125415