0% 

20000 fps on your server with this

Post New Thread Reply   

Wild_Bot
Old 03-30-2010 , 12:16   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
We already established that it displays fake fps. lol.
I dont care what have you established. I've posted screenshots, but you posted only fairy tale about "I checked, I saw, etc"

Quote:
Those images really don't make sense including the fact that fps is not constant, but varies.
On screenshots that I posted you can see that plugin works and makes stable fps.

Quote:
A video would be more suitable to prove your point.
I'm not going to prove you anything. May be you will prove me that it displays fake fps?

NOTE: When you bring your "proof", I'll post a plugin that counts calls of StartFrame() forward every second. How do you think, Would it also display fake fps? ;)
Flasher
Old 03-30-2010 , 12:22   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
We already established that it displays fake fps.
Prove your words.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-30-2010 , 12:40   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #73

We can prove it is fake by considering that HLDS is a very old program that is poorly coded in todays coding standards. The fact that you can get over 2000 FPS on a program as old as HLDS is questionable. If you guys are so fixed on saying this actually works, why not prove it with solid evidence? The screenshots that you posted don't really tell me anything other than the fake that you like taking screenshots. FPS can never truely be stable in HLDS (or SRCDS for that matter). Sure this plugin may interact with the server and assist in making it perform better as it is probably interacting with the server's network layer in order to help the packets being sent out to make sure they reach their destination in a timely manner (hint the extra CPU cycles higher FPS requires), but having over 2000FPS is very pointless to me and is even questionable that it is even a true report and actually doing anything

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2010 , 12:47   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #74

Because I doubt MetaMod can change clock interrupt (unless I'm really mistaken here) - yeah right you're running at 20k or even 4k. But hey kudos if you can actually do that with MetaMod. Instead of posting your StartFrame() count calls, post what your usleep returns.

Last edited by P4rD0nM3; 03-30-2010 at 12:56.
kim_perm
Old 03-30-2010 , 13:18   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #75

Oh, Yami, You know everything, so smart, so cute, I admire You!!!!!11
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2010 , 13:23   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Because I doubt MetaMod can change clock interrupt (unless I'm really mistaken here) - yeah right you're running at 20k or even 4k. But hey kudos if you can actually do that with MetaMod. Instead of posting your StartFrame() count calls, post what your usleep returns.
You're 100% on the money.

You can alter the engine as much as you want, It will not exceed 1000 fps. If it does, congratulations, valve will just update to stop it. Also has it occurred to anyone that this program is about the same as the HL Booster, but not updated?

You're maxing out your CPU to a point that the hardware/server box might actually melt down. Like I said, we already established that this is false. Proof? It'd be the same without a video.

P.S. - Read the Source code of the mmtimer, its the second post. Tell me what you see that enhances the FPS
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2010 , 14:25   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #77

lool poor ppl believed this works xD

non-steam community released this pwned you hard
Израильский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе задают вопрос.
Русский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе долго рассказывают, какой ты мудак.
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
Wild_Bot
Old 03-30-2010 , 14:33   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #78

DruGzOG, you are talking another fairy tale. The stream of your imagination does not prove anything.
Here is the screenshot with FPS > 1000. You can reproduce it on your own server by setting mm_insane to 2 and sys_ticrate to 2000.
I'm waiting for your proof that 2000FPS you'll get is fake.

Quote:
(unless I'm really mistaken here)
You are really mistaken

Quote:
Instead of posting your StartFrame() count calls, post what your usleep returns.
In which mode (I mean mm_insane)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
We can prove it is fake by considering that ...
You can prove it by providing facts, but not your assumptions.

Quote:
The fact that you can get over 2000 FPS on a program as old as HLDS is questionable.
Instead of reasoning what is questionable and what not, you may test this plugin and be convinced that you can get fps > 1000 or 2000 or even 10000.
If you believe that FPS > 1000 you getting is fake, you may count StartFrame calls. It will be > 1000 per second, I guarantee this.

Quote:
The screenshots that you posted don't really tell me anything other than the fake that you like taking screenshots.
If you think it's fake, you may reproduce these situations on your test server and get same screenshots.
If you don't know what the net_graph is and how to use it to configure server, then what are we talking about?

Quote:
FPS can never truely be stable in HLDS
False. FPS will be stable (in standart frame-sleep-frame-sleep-.. model) if these conditions are true:
1) time spend for calculating every frame is less than 1/sys_ticrate
2) OS's task scheduler activates with 1/sys_ticrate intervals
3) HLDS's main thread is ready to execution and it is first in execution queue when OS's task scheduler activates.

Quote:
but having over 2000FPS is very pointless.
Agree. Stable 200 FPS is better than unstable 1000 or 2000. But pointless != fake.
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-30-2010 , 14:39   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #79

Yami said it all:
If you guys are so fixed on saying this actually works, why not prove it with solid evidence

In source code it does random patching and it removes host_framerate 0.001 limitation (never seen such limitation tho -_-) But this cvar has nothing to do with server at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by host_framerate
This scales the clock, but only in single player or during demo playback (can be used for fast forward).
Old 03-30-2010 , 14:52   Re: 20000 fps on your server with this
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
Yami said it all:
If you guys are so fixed on saying this actually works, why not prove it with solid evidence

In source code it does random patching and it removes host_framerate 0.001 limitation (never seen such limitation tho -_-) But this cvar has nothing to do with server at all
It makes sense that it works. I assume that those 0.001 are the minimum seconds that have to pass so that the next frame is processed making it only capable of 1000 frames per second.