Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2 Open Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

Dirton
BANNED
Old 02-25-2010 , 17:27   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #281

What I meant, CB does both: RCON Crash Prevention and Client Anti-Rejoin exploit fix. As I remember KAC had some problems with the last one and since then it was made disabled to default. So to prevent both of this exploits CB preferred until the problem with Client Anti-Rejoin module is fixed.
Kigen
BANNED
Old 02-25-2010 , 20:45   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #282

From what I've seen CrashBlock is referring to the issue of crashing a server by sending a command while the person is connecting, not a anti-rejoin.

zBlock Website: "Simply named "the RCON method" and "connecting command approach"."

Ya, both those crash methods are properly blocked by KAC when they are turned on.
Xklark
Old 02-25-2010 , 23:11   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #283

Kigen, I was just weary of using that option because of the warning of brute-forcing password. I searched around and someone said that as soon as they turned it on, their rcon was hacked.

I've since then installed RCON Lock and it seems to be fine running alongside KAC.
Dirton
BANNED
Old 02-26-2010 , 03:54   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #284

Sorry, I should have written in the first place, kac_client_antispamconnect is what I wanted to say. So the bug with kac_client_antispamconnect that false alarms two different people with same IP is fixed now?

As I understand correctly CB "connecting command approach" and KAC kac_client_antispamconnect do the same thing, but the first one allows for two people with the same IP to play on the server. I'm so concerned on this issue because about 1/4 people in my country are using home LAN to share internet access.

Last edited by Dirton; 02-26-2010 at 04:00.
Box Cutter
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-26-2010 , 10:44   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xklark View Post
Kigen, I was just weary of using that option because of the warning of brute-forcing password. I searched around and someone said that as soon as they turned it on, their rcon was hacked.

I've since then installed RCON Lock and it seems to be fine running alongside KAC.

Like I posted a few pages back this is the best method for now. I got hacked without Rcon locker. Running both I have been fine.

-BC
Old 02-26-2010 , 14:54   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
Sorry, I should have written in the first place, kac_client_antispamconnect is what I wanted to say. So the bug with kac_client_antispamconnect that false alarms two different people with same IP is fixed now?

As I understand correctly CB "connecting command approach" and KAC kac_client_antispamconnect do the same thing, but the first one allows for two people with the same IP to play on the server. I'm so concerned on this issue because about 1/4 people in my country are using home LAN to share internet access.
Negative, the are not the same thing. What CB is referring to is a exploit discovered by the people here which is a exploit by entering a command the requires the client to be fully connected while the client is in the process of connection. Basically, CB is doing in this regard something KAC has been doing since 1.1.8. The anti-rejoin isn't covered by CB at all. The RCON crash prevent is the same, CB, KAC, and RCON Locker do the exact same thing to prevent the RCON crash. Its just that with KAC it is off by default so that one can put in a very strong RCON password then turn on the RCON crash prevent.
Sir Jake
Old 03-01-2010 , 01:12   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #287

Players are getting ipbanned from our servers even when the antirejoinspam is disabled.

If anyone types retry they banned.
Any fix for this?
ulx
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-01-2010 , 06:41   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #288

no issues with this here ... try to set kac_client_antispamconnect 0 and try again.
Old 03-02-2010 , 14:50   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #289

I am getting some log messages about people spamming vban, followed by numbers or mixed number and letters, does anyone know what this is and what it does?

I am also geting people kicked for spamming "spec_next" does anyone know much about this one? Can't find much on google.

Last edited by propaganda; 03-02-2010 at 14:59.
vertexshader
Old 03-02-2010 , 15:18   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.2.0 Open Beta
Reply With Quote #290

I think spec_next is the command , fired after someone press nav arrows (spectate next/previous player) when spectating other ... In ur case probably pressed too rapidly