Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."

Post New Thread Reply   

Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2010 , 17:13   Re: Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
i did read it and u didnt ask... so like i said, i asked a the silly question... u know, maybe if everyone dropped their self centered pompous attitudes in these forums more people would be feel inclined to help out. The never ending flame-athon gets really tiresome.
Chill out and stop Talking Nonsense. The only attitude problem here is coming from you because you made a fool out of yourself for not reading the Full Thread.

If you had read the full thread, then why would you post and suggest something that has already been done. You are just sulking now and taking it out on other people.

You Jumped on the thread with an unhelpful post and you were politely pointed to the posts covering what you had suggested.

You then come back with an attitude and talking complete nonsense.

Please do not try and Hijack Threads and turn them into childish arguments. It doesnt help anyone and is just daft.

You can see by Reading the full thread where this is up to.

MMS is loaded fine now and we are now waiting for the OP to come back with an update on his Sourcemod problems.

- Lob (UK)
Noe
Old 01-29-2010 , 04:47   Re: Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."
Reply With Quote #22

Chill cyberthingy, and try reading glasses next time.

Lob is doing a great job. We discussed the vdf file. I checked numerous posts on other forums / googled for days. But this isnt simply a faulty vdf, as far as I can see. Metamod is running ok.

Sending you the details, Lob. Thanks in advance mate, hope you find something. I really don't have any ideas left.

Pm coming :-)

Last edited by Noe; 01-29-2010 at 05:00.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2010 , 07:54   Re: Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."
Reply With Quote #23

All done and working fine mate.

I have sent you a PM explaining everything i have done.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers

- Lob (UK)
Noe
Old 01-29-2010 , 11:36   Re: Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."
Reply With Quote #24

Amazing Lob,

I already thanked you in the pm. But it is truly solved. Guess I had too many errors in the server.cfg so srcsd wasn't running well anymore.

Thanks!

New TF2 Payload server online!! Woohoo! 81.171.136.222:port 27015
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2010 , 12:26   Re: Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."
Reply With Quote #25

Your very welcome mate.

Just so anyone reading this thread now or in the future knows the outcome incase they are looking for solutions, the main problem was with the srcds shortcut and the command-line parameter's etc. Once that was sorted, everything loaded perfectly.

The rest of the stuff i did was just tidying up and getting rid of errors and setting up some things that Noe might find useful etc.

Glad your all sorted and if you need any more help, just give me a shout mate.

- Lob (UK)
Turboz
Old 02-10-2010 , 01:04   Re: Sourcemod problem "executing dedicated server.."
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
Your very welcome mate.

Just so anyone reading this thread now or in the future knows the outcome incase they are looking for solutions, the main problem was with the srcds shortcut and the command-line parameter's etc. Once that was sorted, everything loaded perfectly.

The rest of the stuff i did was just tidying up and getting rid of errors and setting up some things that Noe might find useful etc.

Glad your all sorted and if you need any more help, just give me a shout mate.

- Lob (UK)

Gee just when I thought I had found the answer to my problem you guys fix it in an IM LOL. Well I am having the same situation. I can get metamod to run if I remove sourcemod.vdf from addons/metamod. If I don't remove it the server hangs at:

Quote:
L 02/09/2010 - 23:08:47: -------- Mapchange to c2m1_highway --------
I can manually start sourcemod on the console but it doesn't run right. I get the same results that Noe gets.

The situation seems to be exactly the problem that Noe was experiencing. So here is my srcds shortcut and the command-line parameter's:

Quote:
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/User/srcds_l/left4dead2
echo "Starting Left4Dead2 Server"
sleep 10s
./srcds_run -console -game left4dead2 -hostip 192.168.xxx.xxx -hostport 27015 -sv_lan 1 +map c2m1_highway -debug
This is a LAN server but I am having the same problem on my Internet server. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Turboz; 02-10-2010 at 01:19. Reason: added info