[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2010 , 06:29   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #371

Compilation warning:
//// Perkmod2.sp
// Perkmod2.sp(1774) : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never use
d: "g_flScatter_dmgmult"
// Header size: 13452 bytes
// Code size: 179620 bytes
// Data size: 43132 bytes
// Stack/heap size: 16384 bytes; Total requirements: 252588 bytes
//
// 1 Warning.
//
// Compilation Time: 4,48 sec
carredas
Old 02-01-2010 , 07:10   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #372

I tried to change "if (g_iSur" but nothing has changed. I do not quite understand how. Could you edit and compile the source. sp file for me please ?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2010 , 14:25   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #373

I am sorry but this is not playable. 3 crashes within 5 hours. Server ran fine for 24 hours before (L4D2 16vs). I was only using sleight of hand, juggernaut, doubletank, all for versus. Everything else disabled. As I had severe stability issues for 2 weeks now I am not willing to experiment any longer. I had to take it off as itīs just not stable.

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-01-2010 at 14:27.
tPoncho
Old 02-01-2010 , 18:21   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #374

@ Skorpion1976: I'm sorry you had to go thru all that >___< I'll see if I can get a release out tonight that might stop the mass kicks - when you say "server crash" do you mean "mass kicks", or are you saying there's BOTH crashes and mass kicks? o_O as for the compilation warning (the g_flScatter_dmgmult thingy) I left that in there out of laziness, I suppose I should take that out of the code so people don't get worried =P ... and I suppose that SoH error might be a contributor to some crashes, so I'll get on that too.

Oh yeah, if you have any logs or anything, please give them to me. Any clues into this would definitely help~

@ carredas: sorry mate, I don't have the time or energy to do that for ya. I'm failing my classes enough as it is, and perkmod's starting to crumble too >__<
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2010 , 20:56   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #375

Hi, tPoncho! I am not 100% sure that itīs the code from your plugin which causes the crashes (as there is still a chance that l4dtoolz is causing them) but since I removed it the server is stable again. I was not accurate before when I said "kicks". The situation was:
Map change, I alt-tabbed during mapchange to HLSW and 5 seconds later I saw that 8 players were "gone" on my 16vs server. One contacted me and asked if I had the same connection problem as he did. At this moment HLSW was still showing the other 8 players as "in-game", I guess they were still in the timeout process which can take longer if you set the local client cvar to a high value.
Well, exactly at mapchange the server switched to the first map of swamp fever, instead to the carnival finale. I run a plugin which chooses automatically the first map of a random campaign IF the server is empty. So this condition was met. 2x crash, 1x the disconnect for all players as described above. I attached a crash file. This occured when I restarted server after a previous crash and only 16 minutes later it went down again. Maybe you can extract any useful info of it?

The desktop.rar file contains the server log some minutes before that last crash(20:28). Then I removed the .smx file. It contains 1 file listing cvars and 1 file with realtime game info. The SM_ERROR_LOG.rar file shows you "SoH_ShotgunEnd()" in boths SM logs.

For the record: The stability issues I mentioned in my previous post were not exclusively related to your plugin but also to some others(afk manager...never gonna use that again...). Finding errors is like playing hide'n seek... ATM I uploaded the modified weapon script files which I extracted from pak01dir.vpk. I use bigger clipsize for all wepons, thatīs the situation as it was before I used perks :)
cheers, Skorpion1976
Attached Files
File Type: mdmp srcds_772381_crash_2010_2_1T19_34_22C0.mdmp (56.9 KB, 98 views)
File Type: rar Desktop.rar (15.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: rar SM_ERROR_LOGS.rar (8.2 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-01-2010 at 21:08.
tPoncho
Old 02-01-2010 , 22:12   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #376

Quick hotfix! I'm guessing that a combination of sending menus while players are still loading (major source of kicks in earlier versions), big functions that could be spammed on multiple map changes in short periods of time, and an annoying SoH error message all contributed to instability. So in this hotfix I've added additional checks, hopefully that did the trick... cuz the next time I'll be able to check back is in like a week =.="

@ Skorpion1976: Thanks for the details, it helps a lot~ ^^ hmm, that seems to confirm my suspicions that certain "OnMapEnd" or "RoundStart" functions were firing too often... so hopefully this version will prove more stable =P also, Sleight of Hand should be ok now. Thanks again for the feedback, if you're feeling brave enough you can try the new version, but if you don't I can understand that =)
carredas
Old 02-01-2010 , 22:53   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #377

Ok np. Would you explain exactly where I need to change the "if (g_iSur [icid] == number)" and what I have to put as number ?
tPoncho
Old 02-01-2010 , 23:02   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #378

@ carredas: quickest way I think would be to change two lines in "Event_Confirm_DT" (line 5698 ) and "DT_Rebuild" (line 5731), change "... g_iSur1[iCid] == 2" to 3 for both of them, and tell everyone in your server not to pick Double Tap =P

Or if you're willing to change one more line, go to line 10535 and change "g_iSur1[param1]=2" to 3 as well, that way you can choose either DT or SoH and it'll give you both no matter what.

@ Skorpion1976: I updated the front page with a short description of all the perks, enjoy! =P

Last edited by tPoncho; 02-01-2010 at 23:08.
carredas
Old 02-02-2010 , 00:09   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #379

Thanks but it doesn't work
The Perk menu has disappeared after changing lines

Last edited by carredas; 02-02-2010 at 02:50.
carredas
Old 02-02-2010 , 07:37   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #380

It works! In fact even the basic perkmod.sp did not work. I don't know why. I have conflicts between plugins. I reinstalled L4D2 and sourcemod, edit and compile the sp as you said for combining the DP and SoH and it worked. Thanks !

Edit : It works but it comes in conflict with other plugins and when I added another plugin, the menu doesn't appear anymore.

My plugins :

Last edited by carredas; 02-02-2010 at 10:35.