Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Server Crash Plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

your mom
Old 01-25-2010 , 10:18   Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #1

I have a server that goes down, & when it crashes it stays down. I tried the mapcrash plugin. It didn't work.... Is there some plugin, or something I can do that will restart the server when it goes down?

Thanks!
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 10:49   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #2

If you are using windows, make yourself a batch file containg the correct info for your server directory and command-line which will catch the server going down and restart it.

http://www.srcds.com/db/engine.php?s...362093&archive=

Note though that if there are error boxes appearing on the desktop when the srcds crashes, this method will not close the boxes and therefore will not always restart the server.

Alternatively, you could try Serverdoc which can also close crash windows aswell as restart srcds.

http://www.serverdoc.com/

Do you have any mdmp's that you could upload so we can take a look to see if we can help with the crashing?

- Lob (UK)
your mom
Old 01-25-2010 , 12:40   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the advice! Here are the mdmp files....
your mom
Old 01-25-2010 , 13:27   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #4

I have a gamserver provider for my windows server. Will these options to reset the server work being that it's hosted?

Thanks!
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 14:16   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #5

All 3 mdmp's point to the crash starting from the server.dll which doesnt really help that much.

To use the Batch File, you need to have access to the server desktop and the actual srcds command-line parameters. The exact command-line start up has to be copied into the Batch File and then when you start your server up, you start it up from the Batch File instead of the actual srcds shortcut if you know what i mean.

Can you post your Server IP so i can view the Set up please.

- Lob (UK)
your mom
Old 01-25-2010 , 15:48   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #6

The ip of my server is:

66.225.195.75:27015

I requested that they permit me to install this, & they told me it is not allowed on my server. Is there anyway around it?

Last edited by your mom; 01-25-2010 at 16:06.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 16:17   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by your mom View Post
The ip of my server is:

66.225.195.75:27015

I requested that that permit me to install this, & they told me it is not allowed on my server. Is there anyway around it?
Not really. To catch a server crash or schedule a Server restart on a windows machine, you need to be able to call the srcds command-line no matter which way you do it.

Your best way forward is to resolve the crashing problems.

How often does it crash?

Is there a pattern to it?

I notice you have a lot of plugins running.

Are there any errors in the sourcemod Logs?

I notice you are also running mostly Idling maps. It could be a glitchy map that is causing the crash or it could be one of your many plugins.

- Lob (UK)
your mom
Old 01-25-2010 , 16:56   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #8

I agree there are a lot of plugins... It is frustrating when the linux server is rock solid & doesn't crash.

Currently it crashes 3 - 4 times a day.

I will check for errors...

Getting this error under my logs:
L 01/25/2010 - 16:57:03: [SM] [0] Line 286, premium.sp:layer_Death()
L 01/25/2010 - 16:57:03: [SM] Native "GetClientHealth" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 01/25/2010 - 16:57:03: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "premium.smx":

Last edited by your mom; 01-25-2010 at 16:59.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 17:42   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #9

It can be a nightmare trying to resolve a crash when there are so many addons running. You sometimes get lucky with the mdmp.

It is likely to be one of your plugins causing it. There might be an issue one plugin is having with another plugin or similar.

Do the crashes correspond with the error's in the Log?

If so then try temporarily disabling the Premium plugin to see if the crashing stops.

Other than that, the only way forward although it is always time consuming and inconvenient is to disable the plugins one a time and test as you go and when the crashing stops, you have found the plugin that is causing the problem as in the one you have just disabled.

The Best way of doing this but also the most time consuming and inconvenient is to actually disable all the Plugins except SMOD and MMS and run the server for a while to see if it is stable which it probably will be and then add the plugins back in 1 at a time till you come across the crash again.

It is time consuming and inconvenient either way but it appears you have no choice but to aim for Stability given your Server Host.

Stability is the best way to go anyway to be honest. The last thing you want is 4 crashes a day even if you had a batch file running.

- Lob (UK)
your mom
Old 01-25-2010 , 17:48   Re: Server Crash Plugin?
Reply With Quote #10

Thanks Lob! You are great for taking the time to help....