doesn't work for me in TF2.
would be nice on our dodgeball server.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2010 , 09:49   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Poorly coded? I did the timers like that because I was trying to avoid putting as much code under actual timer as possible. For speed and efficiency, this way it uses its own color timer based on the cvar, instead of having checks under the timer itself and having cvar checks, and a bunch of "else if" or "switch" statements.

I dont know why youre crapping on my plugin, have you ever looked at your own coding in your plugins? heh..

I made the timer longer on purpose. Obviously it could be shorter if I wanted it shorter. I was even using OnGameFrame to begin with. I didnt want it so it just shows everyones names if you made quick mouse movements. I wanted it more slower so you had to focus crosshair on them slightly longer. I mean, duh, think about it, there must have been a reason I used 0.4 instead of 0.1..... Obviously I could easily make it 0.1 if I wanted to.

This was just a quick little plugin I did in about an hour for a guys request in the IRC chan.
Oh okay, I was wondering why you did that. Because you know "don't repeat yourself", but it just works better your way.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2010 , 14:17   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_the_bucket View Post
doesn't work for me in TF2.
would be nice on our dodgeball server.
You sure? What SM version do you run?

Obviously it should work in TF2. Works fine here with SM 1.2.5. It was clearly made for tf2 only so......

Its a fairly simplistic plugin, I dont really get why it wouldnt work with any SM ver.

Last edited by retsam; 01-07-2010 at 20:05.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2010 , 22:58   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #14

Update v0.3:

Much more functionality(Thanks Anti!). Uses client prefs now allowing users to control the colors and plugin.

Added admin only cvar as well as showing admins players health(also with a cvar), and also controlled in client prefs. Cvar with the admin flag to use as well(default is d or ban flag). The client prefs are all stored so users settings will be saved.

Changed distance to 2000 instead of 1000. I really dont know what an optimal distance should be. Perhaps this needs to be a cvar as well.

Should be pretty nice addition.
FoxMulder
Old 01-12-2010 , 23:48   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #15

nvm

Last edited by FoxMulder; 01-12-2010 at 23:51.
Antithasys
Old 01-13-2010 , 01:25   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #16

Remove the compiled version and I will approve it.

By the way, if you just add 1 line of code it will work in all games that support hud text. Just need to check if the game is TF2 before checking spies.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2010 , 01:30   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #17

Hum ok. I always thought it was good practice to include a compiled copy, so ive always done that.
Antithasys
Old 01-13-2010 , 01:33   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Hum ok. I always thought it was good practice to include a compiled copy, so ive always done that.
For various reasons it's not considered a good idea for anyone to download a compiled version of a plugin. There is really no way to know what the compiled plugin consists of.

All plugins are required to attach all files that are required to compile the posted plugin, and if it doesn't compile on the forums you can attach a compiled version... but I would recommend that people download and compile it themselves if it doesn't compile here.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
icequeenzz
Old 01-13-2010 , 05:37   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #19

could u add some screenshots? so that we know how it looks ingame

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2010 , 15:33   Re: [TF2] Aim Names
Reply With Quote #20

Umm ok. Ive posted 4 screenshots. Should give a pretty good idea. Shows the menu and health part for admins(The numbers in brackets at the end of name: [150]), and just few colors of non-admins. They are kinda low quality but bleh......

As ant said, im gonna update this to make it universal for all games in a bit so it wont be tf2 specific. But I wanna do some quick testing in other mods to make sure it works before im gonna post it.

Last edited by retsam; 01-13-2010 at 15:43.