Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

nadrojcote
Old 01-07-2010 , 12:14   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #231

I am having trouble getting the website side of things installed, I am possitive that I have my db user info correct. This is what is happening when trying to access index.php

Code:
Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home1/tdrggnet/public_html/jukebox/include/settings.php on line 6
When I comment the $site_name line out it works, but when trying to access the library it igives me this

Code:
[0] dbconn: mysql_connect:
Here is my settings.php

Code:
<?php

// General settings

// Your website's or group's name, which will appear in the browser's title
$site_name = 'The Devil's Rejects';

// The encryption key used for leech protection.  This value must be the same as the 

encryption key provided to the Jukebox server script.  It is highly recommended that you 

change this value from the default.
$leech_pass = 'tdrftw';

// MySQL connection credentials

// The host name.  Often this should be "localhost"
$dbhost = 'loaclhost:3306';

// The login user name.  If you are renting a game server, this is usually provided to you.
$dbuser = '*****';

// The login password.  If you are renting, this may be the same as your FTP password.
$dbpass = '*****';

// The database name for your database.  If you are renting, this is usually provided to 

you.
$database = '*****';

// Remote file server:

// Enable/disable the remote file service with TRUE or FALSE
$remote_server_on = FALSE;

// The file server URL used for HTTP access to the file server
$file_server_url = 'http://jukeboxsongs.tdrgg.net';

// FTP address to use for remote management of the file server
$ftp_host = 'tdrgg.net';

// Login name for remote file server FTP access
$ftp_user = '*****';

// Password for remote file server FTP access
$ftp_pass = '****';

// Port for remote file server FTP access - typically, the default port is 21
$ftp_port = 21;

// Path of the Jukebox file server relative to the FTP root folder.  Clear or comment out 

this parameter if using a dedicated FTP account that directs to the root folder already.  A 

dedicated FTP account is recommended to protect the rest of your website from damage by 

unknown script errors.
//$ftp_subfolder = 'jukebox/';

//Table names - if you have a reason to change the table names in your database, then update 

the value(s) below.
$audio_tables = array(
        "tracks" => 'jb_tracks',
        "streams" => 'jb_streams',
        "playlists" => 'jb_stream_tracks',
        "users" => 'jb_users'
    );

// The number of layers of subfolders in the md5-based storage structure for MP3 tracks.
// IMPORTANT: Do not change this value after uploading tracks to the database.  If you think 

you are going to develop a collection of 20,000+ tracks, you might want to add a level or 

two, but if you don't then everything should still work fine.
$folder_depth = 2

?>
nadrojcote
Old 01-07-2010 , 12:18   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #232

I have also noticed that I am installing version 5.3.0 but the sql info that i imported was 5.2.0 because there was no 5.3.0

Last edited by nadrojcote; 01-07-2010 at 12:35.
captainAngry
Old 01-07-2010 , 15:21   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #233

needs to be
$site_name = 'The Devil\'s Rejects';
or
$site_name = "The Devil's Rejects";

Your apostrophe is ending the variable and causing the error.

I would imagine that you are having trouble connecting to your database because you misspelled localhost.

$dbhost = 'loaclhost306';
needs to be
$dbhost = 'localhost306';

Last edited by captainAngry; 01-07-2010 at 21:37.
rtil
Old 01-07-2010 , 15:59   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #234

captainAngry hit the nail on the head there, nadrojcote

anyway, this is kind of a far fetched idea for why this many not be working for some people, but this is all i can come up with at the moment.

SirLamer, you've mentioned that it plays music the same way that it does in the admin center. this html uses an object tag that requires windows media player.

i can't get that tag to do anything except notify me of missing plugins on any browser except IE. Firefox 3.5.7 is my default browser.

if jukebox on source uses the same object tag, could it be that people who have their default browsers on something other than IE would cause it not to work?

i tested this theory and there was still no music, but i didn't reset my computer so perhaps i need to try it again.

either way, i do think the way jukebox currently plays music should be more accessible than a WMP object. even an embed tag would be more suitable in this case. but i recall you saying earlier that you are working on a lightweight flash option, which i think is the optimum solution here.

if i change the player in the admin center, will it change the player in-game? or do they use the same code from different places? i could easily do it on the site, but not so much on the plugin as i have little to no experience with the language.
nadrojcote
Old 01-07-2010 , 17:33   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainAngry View Post
needs to be
$site_name = 'The Devil\'s Rejects';
or
$site_name = "The Devil's Rejects";

Your apostrophe is ending variable and causing the error.

I would imagine that you are having trouble connecting to your database because you misspelled localhost.

$dbhost = 'loaclhost306';
needs to be
$dbhost = 'localhost306';
haha great i cant beleive i didnt catch that, thanks!!!
Roadwolf
Old 01-07-2010 , 18:28   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #236

I am getting these errors on the web interface.

Code:
Warning:  mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/database.php on line 207

Warning:  mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/database.php on line 218

Warning:  session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/database.php:207) in /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/session.php on line 47

Warning:  mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/database.php on line 218

Warning:  mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/database.php on line 207

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/include/login/database.php:207) in /home/roadwolf/public_html/fastlanecrew/jukebox/process.php on line 71
I commented out those lines and it is now telling me user 'admin' doesn't exist.

But the login page is displaying no errors now.. other then the user not existing. This is a new install.

Last edited by Roadwolf; 01-07-2010 at 19:21.
Roadwolf
Old 01-07-2010 , 20:46   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #237

Got it working so far... Still not sure if the gameserver is connected, but I figured out that i had to manually import the .sql database. Done that and now I can access the admin menu.
captainAngry
Old 01-07-2010 , 21:25   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
haha great i cant beleive i didnt catch that, thanks!!!
Hindsight is 20/20. It was an easy catch for anyone who spends all day looking at code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtil View Post
if jukebox on source uses the same object tag, could it be that people who have their default browsers on something other than IE would cause it not to work?
Your default browser wouldn't effect playback. The browser that source uses to render HTML MOTDs or community pages from the steam software is a skinned version of Internet Explorer, regardless of what your default browser is. I have only had maybe 5 people who couldn't get it to play and every one of them either had HTML MOTDs turned off or their Internet Explorer wasn't setup to play WMP objects properly. All of them got it working relatively quickly. The only way you would really know if this was the issue (in my experience anyway) is if the player works in game for some people and not for others. Otherwise, like SirLamer pointed out, check the log files.

I can't emphasize this enough: This plugin is built amazingly well, better than any plugin I have ever used. The amount of consideration put into the user interface and making sure an error message gets output for any possible issue with the player is unparalleled. By far the most professional product on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtil View Post
if i change the player in the admin center, will it change the player in-game? or do they use the same code from different places? i could easily do it on the site, but not so much on the plugin as i have little to no experience with the language.
Yes, if you updated the player it would use the new player in both places. I know SirLamer has plans to update the player to use a lightweight flash player instead so it may be a waste of time to try and figure out how to make it work (unless you are well versed in flash I suppose). Making a flash player that would play the songs from the playlist wouldn't be too difficult. I think the tricky part is getting it to work with the volume commands and whatnot from in game.

Last edited by captainAngry; 01-07-2010 at 21:33.
Roadwolf
Old 01-07-2010 , 21:41   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #239

Okay everything seems to be working, I am uploading music, and have added a several tracks already, which appear when i select browse in the web interface. I can play tracks in the web interface.

In game, the plugin seems to be functioning. I can bring up settings and the help file.

Only problem is that when you browse tracks in game, nothing shows up, and no music ever plays in game.

Tried restarting and stopping and starting the server to no avail.

Last edited by Roadwolf; 01-07-2010 at 23:21. Reason: more info
rtil
Old 01-07-2010 , 23:19   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainAngry View Post
Your default browser wouldn't effect playback. The browser that source uses to render HTML MOTDs or community pages from the steam software is a skinned version of Internet Explorer, regardless of what your default browser is. I have only had maybe 5 people who couldn't get it to play and every one of them either had HTML MOTDs turned off or their Internet Explorer wasn't setup to play WMP objects properly. All of them got it working relatively quickly. The only way you would really know if this was the issue (in my experience anyway) is if the player works in game for some people and not for others. Otherwise, like SirLamer pointed out, check the log files.

I can't emphasize this enough: This plugin is built amazingly well, better than any plugin I have ever used. The amount of consideration put into the user interface and making sure an error message gets output for any possible issue with the player is unparalleled. By far the most professional product on these forums.

Yes, if you updated the player it would use the new player in both places. I know SirLamer has plans to update the player to use a lightweight flash player instead so it may be a waste of time to try and figure out how to make it work (unless you are well versed in flash I suppose). Making a flash player that would play the songs from the playlist wouldn't be too difficult. I think the tricky part is getting it to work with the volume commands and whatnot from in game.
i'm sure you're right. nobody can get it to work on my server, and we've had maybe ten or fifteen people test it. so i guess something is wrong on my end.

the log files don't give any clues besides an error that a lot of people get that doesn't seem to have anything to do with playback. i think i'm just going to reinstall it and see what happens. because when i test it in IE in the admin center it works fine.