Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

rtil
Old 01-05-2010 , 01:30   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #221

same problem as Robin367.. @SirLamer even if your answer is that you don't have one i'd really appreciate a response. thanks
ZiramMaddness
Old 01-05-2010 , 03:25   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtil View Post
same problem as Robin367.. @SirLamer even if your answer is that you don't have one i'd really appreciate a response. thanks
same
Old 01-05-2010 , 10:10   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #223

Same thing happened to some members on my servers. There are a number of internet explorer/windows media player issues that could cause the music to not play for an individual user.

Try going online to where you browse your music and try playing it from there (in INTERNET EXPLORER). The plugin uses the steam web browser (which is a shell on top of whatever version of Internet Explorer you have on your system) to play the music. If you don't have windows media player installed or for some reason it is blocked it won't work.

The online browse area of the website portion uses the same thing as the in-game plugin does. If you try and play it manually and there is a problem Internet Explorer should tell you what the problem is and how to fix it.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, try opening this in Internet Explorer: http://gaming.calculatedchaos.com/ju...6&key=e83cd6ac (link will expire eventually and stop working). I got this link from what I described above.

If that doesn't work, it may be possible that you have an in-game setting set to not allow custom MOTD pages. That will also cause the plugin to not work for you.

Chances are, if you can browse music from in the game and you get a message saying that you queued music that the plugin is working and it is an issue with your local machine. Ask a few other people to try on your server and see if they have the same problems.
SirLamer
Old 01-05-2010 , 12:08   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #224

Oh boy, this is a lot of activity! Sorry for the slow response. Christmas season does that.

There are multiple comments along the lines of "music doesnt play plz help". I really cannot act comment on that. If you take your server and throw it off a building then music does not play. I really need more information about what does and does not work in order to help you. Please check the SourceMod error log for comments from Jukebox. There are a lot of error traps and other warning messages produced by Jukebox that could help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtil View Post
so far i have gotten everything to work brilliantly, but now i am really stuck on something. nobody can hear the music playing. do the MP3's need to be encoded a specific way? also, this error came up once:
Code:
L 12/29/2009 - 02:21:09: [jukebox.smx] Failed to step into first track data's query result for stream ID 1.
and this one comes up all the time:
Code:
L 12/29/2009 - 02:24:23: [SM] Native "GetEventInt" reported: Invalid game event handle 0 (error 4)
L 12/29/2009 - 02:24:23: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "jukebox.smx":
L 12/29/2009 - 02:24:23: [SM]   [0]  Line 776, W:\server script\sourcemod123\scripting\jukebox.sp::Event_PlayerSpawn()
running tf2. doubt this has anything to do with the music not playing, but i thought i'd share.
I need to go through the program with your errors in hand before I can advise on a fix.

Quote:
on a side note - would the plugin throw an error if it was trying to stream a file that didn't exist? for example if you messed up on the cfg file for the jukebox path
No it would not. However, if you test the player in the website script and it works then the supplied path is fine. The website and game server players are the same script. In the web browser, you can use "View Source" to find the path to the created playlist, then download and read it to make sure it is formatted right.

Quote:
i also get this error when trying to change sm_volume to 100. could a problem with sourcemod conflict with playback?

Code:
L 12/29/2009 - 16:28:37: [SM] Native "GetClientAuthString" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 12/29/2009 - 16:28:37: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "jukebox.smx":
L 12/29/2009 - 16:28:37: [SM]   [0]  Line 2614, W:\server script\sourcemod123\scripting\jukebox.sp::SetOption()
L 12/29/2009 - 16:28:37: [SM]   [1]  Line 2896, W:\server script\sourcemod123\scripting\jukebox.sp::SetVolume()
L 12/29/2009 - 16:28:37: [SM]   [2]  Line 2879, W:\server script\sourcemod123\scripting\jukebox.sp::Command_Volume()
sm_volume is a command, not a cvar. You get that error because you are basically calling the command via rcon or some other server client, which calls it on behalf of the server, or client 0. Since the command tries to get the Steam ID of the fake client, it doesn't work. The volume cvars are jb_volume_default, jb_volume_loud, jb_volume_min, jb_volume_soft.

Individuals can change their volume by typing "!volume" in chat, typing "sm_volume <value>" in console or going through the Jukebox menu to Settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainAngry View Post
Same thing happened to some members on my servers. There are a number of internet explorer/windows media player issues that could cause the music to not play for an individual user.
This is true. I find this is rare, affecting about 1 in 20 people at most. If the admin page can play the music for you in Internet Explorer, then it should work in game as well. I am working with Raydan to migrate the in-game player to a very light and custom flash player.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 01-05-2010 at 12:12.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2010 , 15:59   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #225

Perhaps add an option for users to choose if they want the flash or html player.

You could add a simple check to weed out the client index 0 errors.

rtil
Old 01-05-2010 , 17:55   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #226

thanks for the info SirLamer. I will test the streams in the admin section. I tried testing them in firefox but they don't work because of the WMP plugin.

i do think that the light flash player idea is a really good choice. it makes music playing a lot easier.
rtil
Old 01-06-2010 , 00:16   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #227

how does this mod play music? is it done through sourcemod or does it use a browser/external plugin?
SirLamer
Old 01-06-2010 , 03:39   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #228

It loads an HTML-based media player in the MOTD browser in the background.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
rtil
Old 01-06-2010 , 04:40   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #229

is it the same object tag that is used in the admin center? because i noticed it only works in IE. also, would using the html motd affect playback as opposed to using the regular motd text file?
captainAngry
Old 01-06-2010 , 18:22   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #230

Yes, the admin center playback page is the same as the in-game playback page.

An HTML MOTD doesn't effect playback but it will stop playback on map load when the MOTD gets loaded (the music plays during map change/map download). There is a cvar to have it resume playback on team select if you are using an HTML MOTD. It works great.

Last edited by captainAngry; 01-06-2010 at 18:29.