Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.9 | 07-March-2021]

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMe
Old 11-03-2020 , 11:34   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.5 | 03-November-2020]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Note: The pistol sounds I only made it to the client who shoots, cause I can't test if the others listen or not (I test alone), if someone identity that the other players don't listen too, I will be grateful, then I will change the sound to all.
What I remember from old version is that both animation and sound is only bugged for the player shooting, when other people hold LMB with pistols it works fine. So the way you implemented this fix should be good.

I will test properly soon and report back, thanks for update!
Old 11-03-2020 , 16:05   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.5 | 03-November-2020]
Reply With Quote #12

Just tested it out fully with a buddy, pistol sounds are working properly, don't notice any issues while standing and firing. Minigun and 50cal work nicely too.

One little bug I noticed: when you are down the pistol sounds always work on the client, so now your hear firing twice. Doesn't bother me at all (missing sound is terrible, duplicate sound is ok). You could add a check so it doesn't play the sounds when the player is down if you feel this is worth it.

Thanks again for this super nice QoL plugin!
Old 11-03-2020 , 17:52   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.5 | 03-November-2020]
Reply With Quote #13

@MasterMe, thanks for testing.

I remember that during the tests I hooked the sounds and noticed that the weapon fire sound is only sent to the other clients, not for the one which is actually firing. Probably is related to client prediction (which makes sense). So what I did may be correct. Other weapons has the same issue, but the pistols sounds bugs too fast (even with low latency).

About the sound pistol issue while incap, I wasn't able to reproduce it with the default values.

To test (listen server) I use "net_fakelag" command with a value around 100, so I can simulate the "glitch", and it does not output the fire trigger sound from pistols. Maybe while incap you have a slower fire rate in your server, which "hides" the sound bug.
Old 11-04-2020 , 11:24   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.5 | 03-November-2020]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
About the sound pistol issue while incap, I wasn't able to reproduce it with the default values.

To test (listen server) I use "net_fakelag" command with a value around 100, so I can simulate the "glitch", and it does not output the fire trigger sound from pistols. Maybe while incap you have a slower fire rate in your server, which "hides" the sound bug.
In that case it's probably specific to my server configuration, maybe the 96hz tickrate (for which I corrected frame wait from 3 to 10) is slow enough when firing incapped, perhaps in combination with clients usually disabling prediction (cl_interp 0).

It's a really minor thing and not at all problematic, so definitely ok to keep it as-is!
Old 01-08-2021 , 04:29   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.7 | 30-November-2020]
Reply With Quote #15

Can you separate the dual pistols from the base pistol in the cvars? i find this plugin useful since i hate killing my mouse whenever i use the dual wield also how can i change the fire rate?
yuzumi
Old 10-02-2021 , 23:31   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.9 | 07-March-2021]
Reply With Quote #16

Hi..Marttt
Can you add weapon no recoil in auto fire?
VladimirTk
Old 10-02-2021 , 23:55   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.9 | 07-March-2021]
Reply With Quote #17

This could be a fun plugin, as some use auto fire as game scripts to do free celling and shoot faster all automatically

Excellent plugin
Toranks
Old 05-15-2022 , 20:30   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.9 | 07-March-2021]
Reply With Quote #18

I've noticed that playing on a dedicated server, using this plugin, none of the shots after the first one leave bullet holes or impact effects or smoke or anything. If I tap rapidly, effects works, of course. And weapons doesn't affected by autofire works ok too. That didn't happen to me using listenserver. What can be happening?

Edit: Solved on pump and chrome shotguns reducing the value of l4d_weapon_auto_fire_pump_shotgun_frame. Before I have 29, now 20
But pistols only can be solved reducing from default value 3 to 0, which is a too fast firing!
Maybe I need to change tickrate on the server, or something?

Last edited by Toranks; 05-16-2022 at 00:15.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2022 , 06:55   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.9 | 07-March-2021]
Reply With Quote #19

The plugin was mainly tested in the default (30) tickrate, if you server has higher tickrates, some stuff like frame cvars should be increased around 3x if is a 100 tickrate.

About other stuff like bullet holes, impact effects and smokes, may be a side effect of the plugin (and I won't look into) like any other plugin that changes client commands, usually conflicts with the client prediction engine. (depends on the client latency/ping as well)
Old 05-16-2022 , 10:06   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Weapon Auto Fire [v1.0.9 | 07-March-2021]
Reply With Quote #20

If you say the default tickrate is fine, so it's fine on my server. I'm still starting to learn and I don't even know what the tickrate is for, I haven't put any cvar or plugin that can alter it, I've used exactly the same as in the listen server. And I also tested the server with only your plugin and nothing else, and nothing changes, same problem.
I managed to fix the smoke and impact effects issue by lowering the framerate value in almost all weapons, but the pistols required a framerate of 0, which makes it fire too fast.
So I tried to raise this value of the guns in the weapon script:
From "CycleTime" "0.175" to "CycleTime" "0.275"
And voila! now with a framerate of 0 they have an acceptable rate of fire with all particles.
Thanks for your answer, it saved me a lot of time that I would have wasted experimenting with tickrates, probably for nothing xD

PD: wh_double_pistol_cycle_rate 1 with weapon handling plugin makes better the firerate with double pistols, wich is too fast compared with single pistol
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=319947

Last edited by Toranks; 05-17-2022 at 03:09.