View Single Post
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-28-2010 , 11:02   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1006

@-=hunter=-:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=hunter=- View Post
Brad Maybe to change this
This way is much better than with array
My first question will always be, "why do you think it's better?" Even when I agree. Have you run tests? What are the results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
But yes, it would save some checks, though it's a very small optimization.
Because of this, it's not something that is a priority. It's likely to get looked when there's an overall code overview.

But yes, I'm very interested in seeing actual data as to why one way of doing something is "better" than another. Incidentally, "better" isn't really a good word. It's too vague. Do you mean faster? Less resource-intensive? Easier to understand? Shorter?

@user1690:
Quote:
Originally Posted by user1690 View Post
Hi guys! I just wanted to ask if this was normal,

The RTV Part of this, everytime im on a series set of maps (zoology for example) the RTV seems to always stick at "Please wait 10mins......" and never changes, however when on a single map (Crisis2 for example) the rtv works fine.

Just wanted to see if it was normal or not, because some players seem to have complained that they cant get off the series set of maps because RTV wont let them.
No. It's not how it's intended to work. I don't even know what a "series set of maps" is or how they work. It's possible that they play with the time remaining which throws Gal off. If you're willing to work with me, I can try to see what's going on.

By working with me, I mean I would send you an update SMA, have you try it and then have you report back information to me. Again, and again. And again. No guarantee that anything good will come of it, but definitely nothing will if we don't try.