View Single Post
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:01   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaludan View Post
No, it has absolutely no significance - that's why I mentioned the "small server" issue - it wasn't even listed in any file (map related or not), but it would still change to it.
It can't be first in maps folder by any sort - alphabetically, by size, or creation/modification date (there is more maps created at same time, but it only changes to de_nuke)
Odd. Like I said though, I'm going to take a look at this -- hopefully today. Once I start investigating, I may have more questions, but until then I've got nothing else to add.

Quote:
My idea is a bit complicated, but I'll try...
The problem with fixing the limit for small/large maps is when number of players is just under or over the limit - players choose a map, and two players leave/enter and you have "wrong size".
So, my idea is that "gray area" is needed.
For example, let's have four groups of maps:
small - fy_snow, aim headsot
small to middle - fy_anywhere, de_dust_2x2
middle to large - de_cs16, de_spay, cs_italy
large - de_alexandra, de_survivor

You make cvars that would enable us to dictate number of players that would allow map groups to be nominated, and, if there are no nominations, which groups to pick voting options from.
Additionaly, cvars should be possible to overlap - for example, I'd like to make 6 limit for small maps, but still, when it's exactly 6 players, I'd like them to be able to nominate fy_anywhere.
When I get around to implementing this, I'll keep in mind the grey area between levels.

Quote:
I guess that means there is no way to "simply" block first slot or two?
I have a crazy idea for that too
Is it possible to make a cvar that would fix a certain map in the first slot or two?
There is. There is.

I won't.

Quote:
P.S. Bear in mind that I have no clue about programming - I only know what I would like to have
You're my favorite kind of client.