View Single Post
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 14:32   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaludan View Post
So, you are going to be usefull after all
It remains to be seen. ;)

Quote:
First - a bug.
I have "extending current map" enabled, but it usually just makes plugin somehow stopping.
When players vote for map extension, it is impossible to get a vote for next map. Rtv by anybody, and gal_startvote by admins just returns with "vote already in progress", but it never comes up, and, when time runs up, it changes map to de_nuke (always).
What is interesting there is that I have this plugin on two servers. One server runs app 180 different maps, and it happens almost every time extension gets voted, and it's always de_nuke.
Second server is smaller - 12 slots only - so it has app 70 smaller maps. But, it came with all default maps, and though in any map related files only small maps were listed, it too was changing to de_nuke, untill I've deleted it from maps folder. Now, it changes to fy_snow which is server's "start up" map.
On the 180 map server, what significance does "de_nuke" have? I mean, is it the startup map? The first map in the mapcycle file?

I'll take a look at this.

Quote:
Second - is it possible to limit nominations, and plugin's map "offerings" by number of players on server?
This problem can partially be solved by "groups" option, but, there is very often an idiot than nominates aim_headshot on full server, and, since it gets in slot "1", there is serious chance for it to be next map.
If you think this could be adresses, I'd elaborate further what I think should be done...
Are you referring to small/large maps depending on number of players on the server? If so, I haven't done anything with it yet, but I plan to. Go ahead and elaborate anyway.

Quote:
Of course, third thing would be that voting menu doesn't start with "1", but you've already sad it's not possible, so...
The unreleased version currently allows randomizing the order of maps displayed so as to help with this issue. It won't stop people from voting the first map, but the first map can now be random, so it'll help mitigate it.