Thread: CS Modding Kit
View Single Post
Hedgehog Fog
Old 07-19-2023 , 11:20   CS Modding Kit
Reply With Quote #1

About
CS Modding Kit is a repo with powerful solutions for Counter-Strike modding that can be used to create complex mods for a short time with flexible solutions using a unified development approach. I continue working on this repository and plan many new solutions in the future as well as move my mods to this solution to create examples and a good code base.
Plans
For now, I have many mods with awesome implementations I want to move to separate APIs and publish them to the modding kit, as well as publish custom entities everyone can use in their mods.
I hope that someone may be interested in this project and he will also offer his own solution for this repository.
APIs
  • Custom Entities API - allows to register of new entities that can be added on a map or created from code, it also supports lifecycle.
  • Custom Weapons API - allows to implement new weapons with completely custom logic and HUD.
  • Rounds API - unified approach for controlling rounds using a life cycle pattern.
  • Player Camera API - simple API for third-person cameras with flexible configuration.
  • Player Model API - simple API for changing player models with custom model paths support.
  • Player View Range API - an interesting approach to limit player view range, which may be useful for some mods.

Projects (that use these APIs)
Media
Some videos of mods I made using these tools.

❄️ CS Snow Wars - Mod based on snowballs fights
🧟 CS Zombie Panic - A port of HL Zombie Panic!
🎃 CS Halloween Mod - Completely new gamemode for Halloween Holidays
📦 AMXXPack - CLI and build system for amxx projects
🔧 Custom Entities API - API to register custom entities

Last edited by Hedgehog Fog; 07-19-2023 at 12:33.