View Single Post
Proaxel
Old 03-17-2021 , 13:19   [L4D2] How to scale the gas can goal in scavenge finales to number of survivors?
Reply With Quote #1

I've seen other servers like Points Reloaded change the gas can goal in Dead Center Atrium to something like 40, but I can't seem to find any sufficient documentation on how to do it.

The closest other forum thread that I could find on the matter is this one which was over a decade ago, but it never seemed to get any definitive answer on how to do this despite the bump last year.

There was this plugin here which seems to do it, but it goes by a fixed amount, with the gas can goal only determined by the amount of gas can spawns you add with the plugin. It also seems to use modified director vscripts via vpk files. Since this was also made nearly a decade ago, I'm wondering if anyone here has found a better method since then, preferably using only Sourcemod.

My current plan as of now is to figure out how to go about changing the gas can goal to the number of survivors, and then use ScavengeRemixDS to set up the extra gas can spawns, and then modify said plugin to determine how many gas cans to spawn using the number of players instead of a using a fixed amount set by its cfg file. Though I highly doubt this is how some other servers did it; if anyone has any idea on how exactly they do it please do share.

Also I came across this in the list of L4D2 netprops, "m_nScavengeItemsGoal" as a netprop of CTerrorGameRulesProxy. Could it have something to do with that?
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Left_4_D...ameRulesProxy: