Thread: Climb
View Single Post
ian.cammarata
Old 11-04-2007 , 05:46   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron0620 View Post
i am having a problem with this plugin. in the source you say to make sure and post the climb.txt file in the data/lang folder, but i can not find a release of this plugin that includes that file. is this no longer needed or is it just not included for some reason.
It's not implemented yet.

Quote:
i also have a question about the database. i am trying to use a sql database that i made on my webserver from godaddy. i added the cvars like this.

climb_db_type mysql
climb_db_host h41mysql63.secureserver.net
climb_db_user climb_stats
climb_db_pass *********
climb_db_name climb_stats
climb_db_prefix climb_

the database is sql 4.1 i made the database named climb_stats. am i supposed to make a table within that database or will the plugin make the table. i attempted to make a table but it asked how many fields i wanted and wanted a bunch more info i don't know. this is my first time messing with sql other than for an invision forum.
The plugin makes the tables itself. Although, last time I checked, GoDaddy didn't allow remote incoming or outgoing SQL connections.

Quote:
and i just realized something else.. what settings am i supposed to use for hookmod. if i have df_hook_on to 1 then you can use hook all the time even when climbing.. but if i set it to 0 then you can never use hook.. if i password the hook then it just says there is a password even after you beat the map. i have the frontend and the metamod plugin but i don't know what settings to use.

any suggestions?
df_hook_on 1
df_hook_password blahblahblahsomethingtheywontguess

Make sure the df_hook.amxx plugin is running, and the climb.ini is in the amxx configs directory, and it should work.