View Single Post
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2014 , 17:30   Re: Beta Webpanel 1.2.5 (improved loading times)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
[...]Where is this release?
https://github.com/Arrow768/store-webpanel/releases

I also checked both of the branches but the last commits were at least 4 months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow768 View Post
If you have got problems with the loading times, please post in this thread and I will send you a link to the beta.
I am sending it via pm, cause currently its just a very dirty implementation of datatables serverside processing.

I would like to clean up the code and move some stuff to CI Functions before commiting it to the public repo.

When I wrote the user page the first time I didnt know that CI has got a inbuild pagination option.

Then I added the datatables to the userpage to get the option to search and sort without reloading the page (but I had to load all the users in advance) and tested the performance on my homeserver (It has got a local SSD Cache so I am getting a very good performance, the problem was that I have not thought of the real-world scenario where a lot of db servers are running on slow hardware).

Now I have "implemented" the datatables serverside processing. It only load the items that are displayed (so if you have selected 10 users, its just loading 10 users).

But I had to remove the column that shows the number of items a user has got in his inventory.
The old implementaiton with the user-item-count used n+1 querys to query n users.
(On my test server that was not a huge problem, cause the db is cached on the ssd, its in my lan and I have tested it with a few 1000 "users").

Last edited by Arrow768; 05-02-2014 at 03:37.