View Single Post
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2012 , 12:54   Re: Rate of Fire Fix
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
Hardcoded values, and there is another plugin able to do the same thing, but not hardcoded, i don't see how this can be approved, let's see what other approver(s?) gonna say.
Also the other plugin uses CurWeapon event, which makes it consuming less cpu because code is executed on targetted times.
Well, yes, I presume there already exists a plugin where values can be changed. But it doesn't allow you to know what is the default rate of fire, and what is the real-life rate of fire. So that plugin was designed so admins can control the rate of fire as they wish, while this one hardcodes them to be realistic.

About using less CPU... Shouldn't that plugin also provide an extra check of when bullet was fired or was that some other weapon event (holster, deploy, zoom, unzoom, switch, or whatever)? Meaning that that plugin would do more checks and therefor consume more resources by doing so?

// EDIT:

Oh, almost forgot the
PHP Code:
//Frome Fakemeta utility
stock fm_find_ent_by_owner(index, const classname[], ownerjghgtype 0)
{
    new 
strtype[11] = "classname"ent index

switch (jghgtype
    {
        case 
1strtype "target"

case 2strtype "targetname"

}

while ((
ent engfunc(EngFunc_FindEntityByStringentstrtypeclassname)) && pev(entpev_owner) != owner) {}

return 
ent

what that other plugin is using in it's code... I really don't see how that can use less resources than my does. In fact I'm even amazed that no-one didn't have trouble with that function returning false entity-id. I mean I can easily create a plugin what will be designed to remove weapons on certain events in order to restrict the weapons, and as result this function will return false entity-id, and as result will change someones else next attack time in the plugin you'r talking about.
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.

Last edited by MPNumB; 06-23-2012 at 13:02.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB