View Single Post
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-28-2010 , 22:30   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1016

I'm going to restore the previous functionality of the vote display unless people like the gentler version in which case I'll try to make it a wee bit better.

Currently
When a vote begins, the server tells Galileo if a player already has a menu displayed. If the server says the player does, Galileo will patiently wait for it to go bye-bye, checking every second until the vote ends. The problem with this method is that the server will sometimes say the player has a menu displayed when the player doesn't.

Proposed
When a vote begins, Galileo will overwrite any existing menus. Everyone will always be shown a menu. This is how it worked prior to the 1.1.290 release. The problem with this method is that some servers make a lot of use of menus and it makes it likely that players will have a menu for something else overwritten.

Pain in the Ass Option
This is what I was going to do before I realized how much a pain in the ass it'd be, both for me writing it and for any players that it will apply to. I was going to change the way it currently works by telling a player, that the voting menu didn't show for, they could type "vote" and have the voting menu display, regardless of the server saying there's already a menu displayed.

So basically, if at least a few people like the way it currently works (except for the issue of it not showing sometimes) then I'll do it. Otherwise, I'm just reverting it back to the way it used to work. People basically have a day or two to voice their opinion.