AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] PropHunt 1.93 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=107104)

Powerlord 05-23-2013 16:32

Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Having looked over the modified version KiRRA posted... why didn't you just use ph_propmenu_flag to set the flag?

That's completely ignoring that propmenu should just be using CheckCommandAccess instead of ph_propmenu_flag to begin with (after checking the value of ph_propmenu to see if it's -1)

Anyway, I've noticed over the past few days that there haven't been any fixes to props that stick into the ground, so I'll probably work on that soon... after all, the player object has SetCustomModelOffset specifically designed for this... the second number passed to it should be the vertical offset.

Once I've done a few changes, I'll probably post the version I'm dubbing 1.93pl.

KiRRA 05-23-2013 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1957124)
Having looked over the modified version KiRRA posted... why didn't you just use ph_propmenu_flag to set the flag?

That's completely ignoring that propmenu should just be using CheckCommandAccess instead of ph_propmenu_flag to begin with (after checking the value of ph_propmenu to see if it's -1)

Anyway, I've noticed over the past few days that there haven't been any fixes to props that stick into the ground, so I'll probably work on that soon... after all, the player object has SetCustomModelOffset specifically designed for this... the second number passed to it should be the vertical offset.

Once I've done a few changes, I'll probably post the version I'm dubbing 1.93pl.

If your coding question was directed at me Powerlord, I can't answer it, lol. I didn't code that fix as I am quite literally coding stupid. We have another admin who fixed it for me. I do believe I tried using the overrides with our sourcebans admin database and that didn't work for me. So he just gave me quick access to multiple access options via the plugin itself. Sorry I can't be much more help than that....not a coder myself.

Now, if you released a new version (ofcourse it wont have our propmenu change) but will it have the timers that were fixed in the version posted a page or two ago?

Powerlord 05-23-2013 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRRA (Post 1957144)
If your coding question was directed at me Powerlord, I can't answer it, lol. I didn't code that fix as I am quite literally coding stupid. We have another admin who fixed it for me. I do believe I tried using the overrides with our sourcebans admin database and that didn't work for me. So he just gave me quick access to multiple access options via the plugin itself. Sorry I can't be much more help than that....not a coder myself.

Now, if you released a new version (ofcourse it wont have our propmenu change) but will it have the timers that were fixed in the version posted a page or two ago?

I just took Voided's word for it that players were still being frozen with that.

I know that players will end up frozen for a round if there any errors before the unfreeze stage. I found this out when I was fixing offsets and messed up the fixed items on the prop menu.

Powerlord 05-23-2013 23:55

2 Attachment(s)
If you're installing Prop Hunt on your server for the first time, you still need the Prop Hunt Resource Pack from the first post

Anyway, I think I've spent long enough on this. Here's what I've been working on for the past 8 hours.

What's new:
PropHunt 1.93 PL (yes, that stands for Powerlord) Edition
  • Includes the latest weapon config file from earlier in the thread.
  • Both versions of the MvM Canteen are correctly removed from Scouts and no longer removed from Pyros.
  • XYZ Prop Offsets are now chosen correctly instead of at random when you use propmenu. Items hard-coded into the plugin (pyro doll and ghost) default to 0 0 0 offsets.
  • ph_propmenu_flag is no longer supported. Use the Overrides system (including group overrides) for "propmenu" instead, but be aware that ph_propmenu has to be set to 0 for it to obey this.
  • Many, many props now have their offsets properly set... no more barrels or hay bales stuck halfway in the ground.
  • Optional SteamTools dependency to set the game description to Prop Hunt.
  • Running propmenu and other in-game commands from the server console no longer causes the plugin to stop processing and instead displays the "Command is in-game only" error phrase to the console.
The zip file contains new versions of all the map config files that come with the plugin. All of them are reformatted and almost all of them include at least one modified offset. Note: Not all maps were tested, but if a prop's offsets were adjusted for one map, they were adjusted for that prop on all maps that support it.

Edit: If you downloaded it when it was named prophunt.zip, it had an old prophunt_config.cfg in it. The new zip has the updated config file, and it's also attached as a .7z file (it's too large for .cfg files on AlliedModders).

The attached zip file contains updated versions of the files in the Prop Hunt Data Pack

snelvuur 05-24-2013 04:58

:bacon!: :bacon!: for you. Thanks for the update.

friagram 05-24-2013 06:17

Will test this to tomorrow

KiRRA 05-24-2013 08:35

Indeed, definitely looking forward to testing this tonight perhaps and seeing if everything is polished out nice and smooth. Can't wait to see if the timers are fixed and that annoying woman actually says the right sound clips now.

Thanks for this update Powerlord!

Powerlord 05-24-2013 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRRA (Post 1957496)
Indeed, definitely looking forward to testing this tonight perhaps and seeing if everything is polished out nice and smooth. Can't wait to see if the timers are fixed and that annoying woman actually says the right sound clips now.

Thanks for this update Powerlord!

I didn't actually change any of the voice clips... but the no unfreezing thing may be fixed just by blocking the server console from running specific commands (that's the only time I noticed it breaking).

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure why she'd play the wrong sounds... I'd have to look into this more. The only sounds the game mode is enforcing are all "announcer_begins" stuff.

KiRRA 05-24-2013 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1957593)
I didn't actually change any of the voice clips... but the timer thing may be fixed just by blocking the server console from running specific commands (that's the only time I noticed it breaking).

Well I'll have to test to see if anything changed but this is how I remember the timers working/being broken:

*game starts*
*waiting for players countdown begins* (server side on our end, not built into plugin)
*first announcement* !Game will end in 10 seconds! <----(this is the odd timer I think every was referring to in earlier posts)
*players are frozen for that 10 seconds* (props and hunters)
*second announcement* !Game will begin in 30 seconds!
*props are unfrozen* (hunters are still frozen only if the config files states such)
*third announcement, 3-2-1 countdown*
*game proceeds as normal*

I don't think I've ever experienced the issues others stated earlier where everyone was frozen for the duration of round. The announcement isn't a "problem" just makes you go, "wtf...ending?". Supposedly Skippy fixed this issue, I was just curious if that was being incorporated into this version as well.

Powerlord 05-24-2013 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRRA (Post 1957613)
Well I'll have to test to see if anything changed but this is how I remember the timers working/being broken:

*game starts*
*waiting for players countdown begins* (server side on our end, not built into plugin)
*first announcement* !Game will end in 10 seconds! <----(this is the odd timer I think every was referring to in earlier posts)
*players are frozen for that 10 seconds* (props and hunters)
*second announcement* !Game will begin in 30 seconds!
*props are unfrozen* (hunters are still frozen only if the config files states such)
*third announcement, 3-2-1 countdown*
*game proceeds as normal*

I don't think I've ever experienced the issues others stated earlier where everyone was frozen for the duration of round. The announcement isn't a "problem" just makes you go, "wtf...ending?". Supposedly Skippy fixed this issue, I was just curious if that was being incorporated into this version as well.

I've heard it in game before, I'm just not seeing where it'd be played in the code, unless it's an arena thing.

Edit: I may know how to fix it regardless... I'll have to test after work today. Tip to other devs: TF2 uses the teamplay_broadcast_audio event to do its own round time.