AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [TF2] PropHunt 1.93 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=107104)

Powerlord 05-24-2013 14:03

Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93

I created a new Github repo earlier today with the changes I'm making. I still haven't tested the latest changes. Which hopefully includes blocking the announcer's sounds during between when players spawn and when scouts can initially move. I've also been doing testing with using the teamplay_broadcast_audio event to send the countdowns just like the game does.

On, and the repo also includes a new ph_switcheroo.cfg because I accidentally removed a prop when changing offsets... stupid props_farm/wood_pile.mdl and props_forest/wood_pile.mdl are too similar in name.

Mike_BoG 05-24-2013 14:31

Wow nice, will you update this thread/post a post in this thread whenever you make major changes? Like bugfixes and whatnot.

Powerlord 05-24-2013 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_BoG (Post 1957710)
Wow nice, will you update this thread/post a post in this thread whenever you make major changes? Like bugfixes and whatnot.

Probably.

Actually, I think I may know why it's playing the wrong sounds. The game seems to be getting confused about whether or not the round is still going on because Prop Hunt uses a SourceMod timer to manually calls SetWinner 1 second before the server's team_round_timer does, but doesn't stop the team round timer.

I'll probably be doing some experiments to see if I can override the OnFinished method of the round timer (which would normally end the game in a stalemate) and instead force RED to win.

Powerlord 05-24-2013 20:30

2 Attachment(s)
I couldn't (easily) fix the timer countdown sounds. Apparently arena is hard-coded to use the round end sounds before round start... this happens even on a standard arena server on arena_lumberyard. Normally it's not obvious because there's only 5 seconds before the start of an arena round, but if you set tf_arena_preround_time above 10, you'll get the "mission ends in 10 seconds" sound.

However, I could fix it playing a round start sound and the "point unlocked" counter and sound... unless you somehow have a 5000 second long prop hunt round. Which is over an hour.

I also redid how the countdown sounds play and included what I term "broadcast" sounds in the prophunt.cfg file. These sounds take their volume, channel, and other info straight from Valve's game_sounds file.

I also tried to fix the idle kicker, but Valve's idle kicker hates prop hunt; a 10 minute kick setting kicked my alt account in less than a minute.

Edit: I missed at least one prop (the big tire) when fixing them so I'll have to fix that tomorrow. Also, apparently the Joshua Trees need to be lowered a bit as I raised their offsets too high.

Powerlord 05-25-2013 17:44

2 Attachment(s)
If you tried running the plugin from the previous post, you probably noticed that despite SteamTools being marked as optional, the plugin doesn't work if SteamTools isn't present. The reason for this is solely on the SteamTools side because Asherkin refuses to add a public __ext_SteamTools_SetNTVOptional() method to steamtools.inc that would have automatically resolved this issue, instead forcing plugins to manually mark the SteamTools methods they use as optional (and yes, I'm calling him out on this).

Here's a version that fixes that and also removes the motd binding (because it's really bad to override one of SourceMod's stock functions without warning). However, since I don't know what's in prophunt/stats2.inc, it may not actually work if you try to compile against the stats include.

I still have changes to make to gamedata, but I wanted to get this release out there.

Powerlord 05-25-2013 20:50

1 Attachment(s)
Well, no change to the plugin for now, and I know I have some props to fix yet like the tire on ph_goldtooth, but I've added a number of new map configs to the zip:
  • ph_hanger18
  • ph_lakeside
  • ph_manor_event
  • ph_manorgrounds
  • ph_well
and I also used an updated copy of ph_redstone that fixes the prop selection.

VoiDeD 05-25-2013 21:37

Has there been any attempt at fixing players getting stuck? That's a change I'm particularly interested in.

Powerlord 05-25-2013 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoiDeD (Post 1958494)
Has there been any attempt at fixing players getting stuck? That's a change I'm particularly interested in.

I haven't been able to reproduce it, so no. The only time I saw it is when the console tried running a player command, such as propmenu, which is why there's now a client check on said command.

Powerlord 05-25-2013 22:56

1 Attachment(s)
I know you guys love updates, so here are more updated map configs. Changes this version include:
  • Addition of ph_tundra and add corrections from other map files for it.
  • Fixed some errors in manor's config, including renaming the file and fixing the clock model and vase offset.
  • All chimney models have been lowered by 5 so that they can blend in better on rooftops.
  • Removal of all control point models from config files; the plugin already adds the control point for all maps.
  • Misc corrections, including removing offset on joshua trees (they looked like they were floating after the initial change).
I also resisted the urge to prune the prop list for tundra... having just looked at it and noticing that there are large sections of the map that Scouts can't reach without the Atomizer, and one of the props in the config is a prop that only appears in that section...

Powerlord 05-29-2013 02:13

1 Attachment(s)
So, it's been a few days, and I've been spending more time than I should on this plugin.

Without further ado, here's what's new in version 2.0.
  • The round timer has been reworked. This fixes a few issues:
    • The first 30 seconds after the preround now show up as Setup time.
    • Due to the above, the game now uses the standard announcer round start countdown sounds and will ignore the Countdown values in prophunt_config.cfg
    • The round no longer ends at 0:01, but actually goes to 0:00 before ending.
    • If RED wins by waiting out the timer, the teams are automatically switched.
  • If either team wins by killing all the players on the other team, the teams will be switched 0.2 seconds before the next round starts. This prevents both the win and loss sounds from playing to the same players. (It was originally 0.1, but it was changed to 0.2 to prevent issues on laggy servers).
  • Prop Names were updated. Now, instead of just using the file name, it uses the directory as well. This was necessary because the plugin couldn't tell the difference between props_forest/wood_pile.mdl and props_farm/wood_pile.mdl. Unfortunately, Valve's KeyValues parser hates the /, so we use - instead. This file is now organized alphabetically to make it easier to add new props.
  • mp_maxrounds is no longer forced to 0.
  • Updated a number of prop configs
    • ph_manor was updated because frankly it sucked.
    • ph_redstone had some offsets updated.
    • ph_cchotel had some offsets updated.
    • ph_headquarters had an offset updated.
    • ph_range had some of its more ridiculous props removed and some new ones added.
    • ph_target had its config added. I updated the version I found online with some additional props.
    • ph_trainset had an offset updated.