AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=116198)

extrospect 01-20-2010 21:05

[L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning

1 Attachment(s)
After realising ghosts could die from fall damage & drowning in L4D2 I decided to try and patch it, eventually I figured out a method that worked and this is the result ;D.

It seems to work (nearly) 100% of the time so far; it makes ghosts invincible to large falls and drowning and players are simply teleported back to the survivors when they do fall or drown, instead of dying and having to wait 20s+ for respawn :).

Credit to AtomicStryker for the spawn ghost checking function which I stole from Infectedghosteverywhere and also to mi123645 & Mr. Zero for their Forced Spawn begone plugin which I used the infected class detection from :>.

Cvars

l4d2_ig_version: Version cvar.

Changelog:

Version 0.4
- First releasable version.

triggerman 01-20-2010 21:46

Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts

does it work with l4d1?

Anduril 01-20-2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerman (Post 1061829)
does it work with l4d1?

Ghost die in L4D1? Since when? (besides NM finale where it's a ridiculously long fall where if you don't press E before you hit bottom, you deserve to die!)

M249-M4A1 01-20-2010 22:24

Nice this would solve a lot of problems haha! Especially in the swamp map when waiting for the ferry

triggerman 01-21-2010 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anduril (Post 1061833)
Ghost die in L4D1? Since when? (besides NM finale where it's a ridiculously long fall where if you don't press E before you hit bottom, you deserve to die!)

this isnt a topic for debate. its yes or no and your useless post has neither.

extrospect 01-21-2010 00:33

I think it *should* work in L4D, although I've only tested it on L4D2 and I'm not sure that ghosts get killed in L4D in the same way as L4D2 [in L4D2 the floors below big drops and water act kinda like fire or something and apply ~5000 dmg per second while the ghost is in contact with them, it's not actually fall damage that kills, there is no real fall dmg for ghosts]; would appreciate it if anyone who does try it on L4D could let me know how it works :).

dirka_dirka 01-21-2010 13:27

Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning

ghosts die in l4d2 thanks to a trigger_hurt_ghost entity. l4d1 has none of them - at least not in stock campaigns.

the river in plankcountry does 10k damage to ghosts.

all you really have to do is remove those triggers.

extrospect 01-21-2010 14:29

Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning

Thanks for the info dirka :), I hadn't actually looked into what was dealing the damage, I just tried to block it from happening xD. I guess the plugin still serves a purpose for ppl without stripper source tho :>.

AtomicStryker 01-21-2010 17:39

Buffing ghosts to 20k health isn't really the answer. Why dont you try stealing the Infected Respawn code from sm_respawn so a dead ghost immediatly returns.

Also, nobody but MI5 has ever used the shitty "+use" fakes. By all means use TeleportEntity instead :)

dacomb 01-23-2010 01:37

Just tested this. This is awesome!! Thank you, thank you!!