Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
extrospect
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Makes infected ghosts invincible so they no longer die from large falls and falling into deep water.
    Old 01-20-2010 , 21:05   [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
    Reply With Quote #1

After realising ghosts could die from fall damage & drowning in L4D2 I decided to try and patch it, eventually I figured out a method that worked and this is the result ;D.

It seems to work (nearly) 100% of the time so far; it makes ghosts invincible to large falls and drowning and players are simply teleported back to the survivors when they do fall or drown, instead of dying and having to wait 20s+ for respawn .

Credit to AtomicStryker for the spawn ghost checking function which I stole from Infectedghosteverywhere and also to mi123645 & Mr. Zero for their Forced Spawn begone plugin which I used the infected class detection from :>.

Cvars

l4d2_ig_version: Version cvar.

Changelog:

Version 0.4
    - First releasable version.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (invincibleghosts.sp - 4123 views - 14.8 KB)

Last edited by extrospect; 01-21-2010 at 09:01.
    triggerman
    Old 01-20-2010 , 21:46   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts
    Reply With Quote #2

does it work with l4d1?
    Old 01-20-2010 , 21:50   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by triggerman View Post
    does it work with l4d1?
    Ghost die in L4D1? Since when? (besides NM finale where it's a ridiculously long fall where if you don't press E before you hit bottom, you deserve to die!)
    M249-M4A1
    I <3 Mac
    Old 01-20-2010 , 22:24   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts
    Reply With Quote #4

Nice this would solve a lot of problems haha! Especially in the swamp map when waiting for the ferry
    Old 01-21-2010 , 00:22   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Ghost die in L4D1? Since when? (besides NM finale where it's a ridiculously long fall where if you don't press E before you hit bottom, you deserve to die!)
    this isnt a topic for debate. its yes or no and your useless post has neither.
    Old 01-21-2010 , 00:33   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts
    Reply With Quote #6

I think it *should* work in L4D, although I've only tested it on L4D2 and I'm not sure that ghosts get killed in L4D in the same way as L4D2 [in L4D2 the floors below big drops and water act kinda like fire or something and apply ~5000 dmg per second while the ghost is in contact with them, it's not actually fall damage that kills, there is no real fall dmg for ghosts]; would appreciate it if anyone who does try it on L4D could let me know how it works .

Last edited by extrospect; 01-21-2010 at 12:11.
    dirka_dirka
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-21-2010 , 13:27   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
    Reply With Quote #7

ghosts die in l4d2 thanks to a trigger_hurt_ghost entity. l4d1 has none of them - at least not in stock campaigns.

the river in plankcountry does 10k damage to ghosts.

all you really have to do is remove those triggers.
    extrospect
    Old 01-21-2010 , 14:29   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
    Reply With Quote #8

Thanks for the info dirka , I hadn't actually looked into what was dealing the damage, I just tried to block it from happening xD. I guess the plugin still serves a purpose for ppl without stripper source tho :>.
    AtomicStryker
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-21-2010 , 17:39   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
    Reply With Quote #9

Buffing ghosts to 20k health isn't really the answer. Why dont you try stealing the Infected Respawn code from sm_respawn so a dead ghost immediatly returns.

Also, nobody but MI5 has ever used the shitty "+use" fakes. By all means use TeleportEntity instead
    dacomb
    Old 01-23-2010 , 01:37   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
    Reply With Quote #10

Just tested this. This is awesome!! Thank you, thank you!!