AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [Any] Command Cooldowns (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=235539)

ddhoward 11-17-2014 17:46

Re: [Any] Command Cooldowns

2 Attachment(s)
I've managed to change the entire thing to use dynamically sized arrays. This is my second time messing around with dynamic arrays, and the first time was very very simple, so I'd like some feedback, if possible, before pushing this update to my Updater server and put it on the first post. :3

The switch to dynamic arrays will allow me to more easily include natives and forwards to be used with other plugins. For example, a plugin that creates a command can use Command Cooldowns to easily set a cooldown on its command. Etc.

This version also fixes a bug where longer cooldowns may affect players who join the server shortly after the server starts up, even though they didn't use the command. (For example, if a cooldown was set to 300 seconds, and a player tried to use that command less than 300 seconds after the server started up, he couldn't use the command. This version fixes that.)

pubhero 05-04-2015 02:41

Hi.
This plugin not work for me with these commands: ff sm_ff timeleft sm_timeleft nextmap sm_nextmap, etc.
It's my fault or this plugin are outdated?
Game: CSS
config file ok.
Plugin run, but do nothing.

Randommagic 06-06-2015 16:02

Having full advantage from using this plugin. very useful.
just one thing, when i try to set the 'reply' like this
"reply" "다음 드럼통 소환까지 {TIMELEFT} 남았습니다!"
(which means you should wait (-) secs before spawning another explosive drums)
in the chat, it only shows something like "다음 드럼통 소환까지 {TI"
Is there a some kind of word limit for the reply? if there is, it would be much better if you can set it much longer.

---
Also, it seems like after the server restart, the plugin does not work, even when the admin restart the map. To make it work, I had to reload it manually.
So for now, i put a line " sm_rcon sm plugins reload commandCooldowns" in my server.cfg to make it automatically work from the server restart.

I think this plugin can be much more awesome if you can take care of these little errors :)

klashfire 04-26-2016 14:24

I know this is old and all, but I have 3 requests for this amazing plugin.

1. create a command parameter to execute from the server as opposed to or in addition to the reply parameter. Let's say I made it "sm_slap 100" the client would get slapped for 100 damage everytime he used the command during the cooldown.

2. create a command amount. This parameter would only activate the cooldown if it was executed by the same or all clients a certain amount of times. If I set it to 5 then the cooldown would only stop him from using the command if he spammed it 5 times in a row within a certain interval of time (a second "reset" parameter like "reset interval" may be needed to calculate if his spam should contribute to the cooldown blocker). the default should be 1.

3. an option to log clients who use the command during the cooldown along with how many times it was used by that client during the cooldown.

ddhoward 04-26-2016 18:42

I like it. Stay tuned.

nguyenbaodanh 08-09-2017 21:12

Cool. I were looking for this

Seems not work in CSGO. Can someone update?

sneaK 08-31-2017 03:02

1 Attachment(s)
Seems as though the original link is down, which was working well for me in CS:GO. Attached as a mirror

ddhoward 01-16-2018 23:19

Updated to 18.0116.0. Overhaul of a lot of internal code, as well as the addition of a few new keys for use in your config files.

Psyk0tik 01-17-2018 00:45

Thank you for this!

Lannister 02-06-2018 10:30

It is possible to add an option to make the cooldown reset after the round ends? for example sm_X will be available once per round, this will be helpful!

This is mainly focus for some commands like !guns (sm_guns) that open up weapon menu, what i'm trying to do is adding a cooldown to it, so users don't spam sm_guns to change their weapon all the time, and i'm trying to make them just use them just 1 time per round, this is the only plugin capable of doing that, but this is just for cooldown in seconds, not for rounds, that's why im asking you if you could add like a reset per round so i'll do like sm_guns "99999" (since i don't know how much a round can last) but if the round ends, they'll be abble to use it again when the round starts.

Hopefully i explained myself well, thanks!