__________________ [TF2] Kart Horns
"BEEP BEEP OUTTA MY WAY"
This plugin is based off of [TF2] Kart Horns 1.3 by TonyBaretta. This was his idea first, so everyone please shower him with praise.
This plugin has a single command, sm_honk
, which is public by default. This command causes the player to emit a honking sound if they are in a Kart. You can use this command to specify WHICH honk to use. For example, simply doing sm_honk
will play a random honk from the list of honks, while doing sm_honk 0
is guaranteed to play the same sound each time (until the sounds are changed by the server owners), as is sm_honk 1, sm_honk 2, etc.
The plugin can also hook voice commands, and turn them into honks. A player must have access to sm_honk
to use this feature. You can specify which voice commands to hook by default by adding up the following values, and setting sm_karthorns_voices
to your total. The default is "12" which affects the "Move Up!" and "Go! Go! Go!" calls. Players can customize which voice commands are changed to honks by using the /settings
Other cvars include:
- sm_karthorns_cooldown with a default value of 5.0. This cvar sets how long a player must wait after honking before they can honk again.
- sm_karthorns_enabled with a default value of 1. If set to 0, the honks are completely disabled.
- sm_karthorns_volume with a default value of 1. This cvar can be set to any value between and including 0 and 1, and controls the volume of the honks.
Honks can be added in two ways:
Be sure to also upload the sound files to your FastDL server
- If karthorns.txt exists within addons/sourcemod/configs/, the plugin will use the list of files found here. Each filename should be on its own line, and should not include any folder names, slashes, etc. Just the name and extension of files contained within sound/karthorns/.
- If karthorns.txt does NOT exist within the configs/ folder, then the plugin will automatically search for any sound file placed into /tf/sound/karthorns/, add it to the server downloads, precache it, and add it to the list of honks.
, if you have one. Remember to change the map or restart the server after plugin installation or installation of new honks.
There are several plugins that allow players to be placed in karts outside of sd_doomsday_event. Here are some
The plugin requires custom includes. Includes required to compile the plugin are:
The Updater plugin does NOT need to be installed for this plugin to function. If you do have Updater installed, integration with this plugin is controlled by the cvar sm_karthorns_updater. Information on this cvar can be found in the ddhoward_updater include.
If you like what you see here, please consider donating~