AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   L4D2 update broke sourcemod? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219780)

johnng0102 07-15-2013 01:12

Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentysent (Post 1990120)
I am currently using the latest version of SM and MM for Windows and they work well but my L4D2 occasionally crash after a few minutes of gameplay or longer. So which versions of SM doesn't give a lot of problems?

yes, me too........any one can help ?

but i saw resvered slots show 18.

Before 2125, were 32 slots.

what problem ?

s.m.a.c head 10-05-2013 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcEWoLF (Post 1990911)
Can't get SM or MM to work. Upgraded to the latest snapshots in the 1.5 Branch and the 1.10.0-hg849 but nothing works..

TRUE DAT !!!!
meta list
unknown command meta

wtf is going on steamCMD update was months ago and windows SM /MM is still broke ?

Anyway to install linux on a windows machine like into a sandboxie or something ???

Bacardi 10-05-2013 06:59

...try released versions, not snapshots alias dev

psychonic 10-05-2013 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.m.a.c head (Post 2045279)
TRUE DAT !!!!
meta list
unknown command meta

wtf is going on steamCMD update was months ago and windows SM /MM is still broke ?

Anyway to install linux on a windows machine like into a sandboxie or something ???

It works fine for me.

What app id did you use with the app_update command in SteamCMD?

MasterMind420 10-10-2013 11:45

Hi i'm using Windows SRCDS and no matter what release or snapshot version i use i cannot get anything to load. Server works fine just no sourcemod or metamod source working...

Bacardi 10-10-2013 18:34

Which SRCDS you are running ?
The one that is in Steam/Tools or through SteamCMD ??

*edit
because I remember something that Steam/Tools/L4D2 dedicated server install in same direction where is your L4D2 game, using same files.
This why not work.

MasterMind420 10-11-2013 00:19

Doesnt seem to matter what i do or where i do it, tried through steam. tried through hldsupdate tool itself, even tried it locally through l4d2 local server with -insecure in launch options, still nothing...no commands register. i'm giving up until its fixed. Somethings obviously broke, i've done this a thousand times before without issue...

Bacardi 10-11-2013 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMind420 (Post 2047485)
Doesnt seem to matter what i do or where i do it, tried through steam. tried through hldsupdate tool itself, even tried it locally through l4d2 local server with -insecure in launch options, still nothing...no commands register. i'm giving up until its fixed. Somethings obviously broke, i've done this a thousand times before without issue...

Ok, what if you try NEW tool SteamCMD what we have long time ago...

C:\srcds\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe
C:\srcds\steamcmd\update.txt

MasterMind420 10-11-2013 11:56

I will give it a shot but I am still sceptical. That still doesn't explain why it no longer works in the game itself through local server. Lets say they changed some things to streamline steampipe ok. Shouldn't it still work through local server in the game using -insecure in launch options, however it does not...I'll post back in a bit with results...

MasterMind420 10-11-2013 12:39

As I suspected, one big FAIL. Sourcemod and metamod both fail to load, I even tried the metamod.vdf from the zips and the one u generate on the website. Used steamcmd without any change whatsoever. Appreciate the help but I think i'm hanging this one up for now, been trying to get it working for 2 days now, on a side note just to see if maybe it was my setup, so I used an old sourcemod and metamod backup server I had, it loaded both but immediately crashed the server, which was expected seeing there outdated versions. So if it loads the old versions yet the new ones arent loading at all, they dont even crash the server. hence not loading. I dunno its a weird thing ive run into. Is anyone else having server issues for L4D2 on Windows???