AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Dota 2 Dedicated Servers (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236635)

DS 03-08-2014 14:44

Dota 2 Dedicated Servers

10 Attachment(s)
It is now possible to run dedicated servers for Dota 2 on all platforms: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

Installation

To get started, download Dota 2 using the Steam client or SteamCMD with appid 570. For SteamCMD, you will have to login to an existing Steam account since it is not available when logging in anonymously.

For Mac OS X, follow the Linux instructions for SteamCMD usage. The Mac OS X build of SteamCMD can be downloaded here.

Next, download the appropriate attachment below for the OS on which you wish to run a server. Extract the files into your Dota 2 install directory. Note that this will overwrite the dedicated.so or dedicated.dylib file on Linux or OS X.

By default, the install directory will be one of the following:
  • Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta
  • Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta
For Linux, if you don't have the Steam client installed, you will also need to download the Steam runtime and extract it into your home directory.

For both Linux and Mac OS X, if you don't have the Steam client installed, you will need to still obtain the steamclient binaries from a Steam client install for your OS and copy them to the bin directory of your Dota 2 install. This includes crashhandler, steamclient, libsteam, libtier0_s, and libvstdlib_s. On Linux, these files have a .so extension and can be found in ~/.steam/bin32. On OS X, they have a .dylib extension and can be found in /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/osx32. From /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS, you will also need to copy the Frameworks directory to your server's install directory (NOT bin).

Before you run the server, it is highly recommended that you also install the latest snapshot of Metamod:Source and the Dota 2 Fixups plugin in order to fix a number of issues. Note that you must edit the gameinfo.txt file in the "dota" subdirectory in order to install Metamod:Source. For more details on this install method, see the documentation here. (If you chose to use a Steam client install from which you also play the game, you will need to remove the gameinfo edit before launching the Dota client.)

Running the Server

After installing the necessary files, running the server is easy if you've ever run Source servers before. Open a terminal program (or the command prompt on Windows) and navigate to the directory containing your Dota 2 installation. Then run the following command depending on which OS you are using:
  • Windows: srcds.exe -console -game dota +map dota
  • Linux: ~/steam-runtime/run.sh ./srcds_run -game dota +map dota
  • Mac OS X: ./srcds_run -game dota +map dota
Additional command line options, such as -port <port number> and -ip <ip address>, may also be added as needed.

If on Linux and using the copy of steam-runtime shipped with the Steam client, its default path is ~/.steam/bin32/steam-runtime.

Special thanks to psychonic for testing this on Linux and for creating the Dota 2 Fixups plugin!

diego91 03-10-2014 03:48

Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers

hi
what I need to edit in gameinfo.txt ?
when I start the server it shuts down
srcds.exe -console -game dota +map dota +ip x.x.x.x -port xxxxx
(windows)

"GameInfo"
{
game "DOTA 2"
gamelogo 1
type multiplayer_only
nomodels 1
nohimodel 1
nocrosshair 0
GameData "dota.fgd"
SupportsDX8 0

FileSystem
{
SteamAppId 816 // This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

//
// The code that loads this file automatically does a few things here:
//
// 1. For each "Game" search path, it adds a "GameBin" path, in <dir>\bin
// 2. For each "Game" search path, it adds another "Game" path in front of it with _<langage> at the end.
// For example: c:\hl2\cstrike on a french machine would get a c:\hl2\cstrike_french path added to it.
// 3. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "MOD".
// 4. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH".
//

//
// Search paths are relative to the base directory, which is where hl2.exe is found.
//
// |gameinfo_path| points at the directory where gameinfo.txt is.
// We always want to mount that directory relative to gameinfo.txt, so
// people can mount stuff in c:\mymod, and the main game resources are in
// someplace like c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\half-life 2.
//
SearchPaths
{
Game |gameinfo_path|.
Game platform
}
}
}

psychonic 03-10-2014 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by diego91 (Post 2109951)
what I need to edit in gameinfo.txt ?

The SearchPaths sections should look like this after you add the GameBin line documented here, https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installi...ource#GameInfo

Code:

SearchPaths
        {
            GameBin            |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin
            Game            |gameinfo_path|.
            Game            platform
        }

Tetl 03-10-2014 19:31

Alright!!! So there's a lot of confusion on here and elsewhere on how to run a Dota 2 server of your own, here's a complete(hopefully) rundown:

What you need:
steamcmd
The latest Metamod:Source 1.11 Snapshot.
The latest download of d2fixups.

Installation:
You'll use steamcmd to install and maintain your Dota installation. Follow these instructions using Dota's appid of 570. So, when you see commands like:
PHP Code:

app_update 740 validate 

Know that the Dota equivalent is:
PHP Code:

app_update 570 validate 

I'll refer to the root of your steamcmd install as "dotaserver"

You'll need a compatible srcds executable for your platform. Get it from DS's original post in this thread above. Extract it into "/dotaserver/", putting the core files (e.g. srcds_linux, srcds.exe) alongside your Dota exectuable.

Open up your steamcmd install to the (dotaserver/dota) directory.
Metamod:Source goes inside your addons folder. If you look inside of the .rar, you'll see an "addons" folder. This means that it's meant to be merged with your existing addons folder, so drop it inside of dotaserver/dota directly.
d2fixups is the same way. After extracting MM:S, extract d2fixups just like that.

To get Metamod:Source to load, you need to edit gameinfo.txt in (dotaserver/dota) as per the instruction in this article under "GameInfo".

Launching srcds
You'll need to run the program with certain parameters. DS's original post brushes over the specifics of executing SRCDS on your platform.

Mandatory:
PHP Code:

-game dota -console 

Sub-Mandatory:
PHP Code:

-port <port> -ip <computersLANIP

Helpful:
PHP Code:

+map <mapname> -maxplayers 10 +developer <0/1/2

Network and General Configuration in Windows
In Windows, I like creating a shortcut and editing its "target". This involves creating a shortcut to srcds.exe, opening Right click-> Properties, and adding your parameters after the final quotation mark in the Target: field. You'll need these, for sure:
-console -game dota +map dota -maxplayers 10 -port <yourchosenport> -ip <computersLANIP>
So, my Target: field looks something like this:
"C:\dotaserver\srcds.exe" -console -game dota -port 3003 -ip 192.168.1.4 -maxplayers 10

For -ip, input your computer's LAN address. Windows users can find out how here:
http://windows.about.com/od/networkc...-Windows-7.htm

Pick any available port for -port. Keep in mind that in addition to any typical networking considerations (firewalls, etc.), if you want to make your server joinable over the network, you need to forward your chosen port. Find your router on this list., and pick a guide for any game. Then, just apply the instructions given, but for whatever port you've chosen.

Connecting and Playing
To connect clients must enter
Code:

connect ip:port
into their Dota console, example:
Code:

connect 192.168.1.4:27015
When greeted with a darkened overview of the map, you need only to join a team.
Code:

jointeam good
Code:

jointeam bad
To skip the Waiting For Players stage, set the following cvar:
Code:

dota_wait_for_players_to_load 1
where the integer is the number of players to wait for before entering Pick.

CyberStars 03-14-2014 03:18

Thanks a lot for this. It's really cool :up:
Actually, I have some problems running the server.
After installing and configuring the server according above instructions, I run it.
But it writes:
* Unable to load Steam support library. *
* This server will operate in LAN mode only. *

How to fix this???

P.S.
How to use Sourcemod for this server?

psychonic 03-14-2014 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberStars (Post 2111204)
Thanks a lot for this. It's really cool :up:
Actually, I have some problems running the server.
After installing and configuring the server according above instructions, I run it.
But it writes:
* Unable to load Steam support library. *
* This server will operate in LAN mode only. *

How to fix this???

Oops! There is an extra step required if you do not have the Steam client installed. I've updated the first post with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2109263)
For both Mac and Linux, if you don't have the Steam client installed, you will need to still obtain the steamclient binaries from a Steam client install for your OS and copy them to bin directory of your Dota 2 install. This includes steamclient, libsteam, libtier0_s, and libvstdlib_s. On Mac, they have a .dylib extension and can be found in /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/osx32. On Linux, they have a .so extension and can be found in ~/.steam/bin32.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberStars (Post 2111204)
P.S.
How to use Sourcemod for this server?

Same as on Windows - just grab a Linux snapshot from the download page instead of a Windows snapshot.

CyberStars 03-14-2014 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2111270)
For both Mac and Linux, if you don't have the Steam client installed, you will need to still obtain the steamclient binaries from a Steam client install for your OS and copy them to bin directory of your Dota 2 install. This includes steamclient, libsteam, libtier0_s, and libvstdlib_s. On Mac, they have a .dylib extension and can be found in /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/osx32. On Linux, they have a .so extension and can be found in ~/.steam/bin32.

This helped. Solved the issue. Thanks a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2111270)
Same as on Windows - just grab a Linux snapshot from the download page instead of a Windows snapshot.

For Sourcemod: it isn't loaded.
the result of "meta list" is
Listing 2 plugins:
[01] <ERROR>
[02] Dota 2 Fixups (2.0.0) by Nicholas Hastings

psychonic 03-14-2014 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberStars (Post 2111307)
For Sourcemod: it isn't loaded.
the result of "meta list" is
Listing 2 plugins:
[01] <ERROR>

What prints if you type this in console:
Code:

meta load addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm

CyberStars 03-14-2014 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2111310)
Code:

Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/home/user/dota2/dota/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486.so: undefined symbol: _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE).

SM_version: 1.6.0-hg4283

CyberStars 03-14-2014 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2111310)
Code:

The same error message for SM version 1.6.0-hg4284

psychonic 03-14-2014 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberStars (Post 2111324)
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/home/user/dota2/dota/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486.so: undefined symbol: _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE).

SM_version: 1.6.0-hg4283

DS will have to fix this properly when he has time available.

In the meantime, try replacing your srcds_linux with this one, <removed link since first post has now been updated with new bins>

Antipode 03-14-2014 13:18

I have a error :

Code:

user:~$ ~/steam-runtime/run.sh /home/user/OGP_User_Files/Dota2/./srcds_run -game dota +map dota
/bin/bash: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/user/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5)

I have Debian Wheezy and packet is not a stable. In stable is libc6 2.13.

psychonic 03-14-2014 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antipode (Post 2111416)
I have a error :

Code:

user:~$ ~/steam-runtime/run.sh /home/user/OGP_User_Files/Dota2/./srcds_run -game dota +map dota
/bin/bash: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/user/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5)

I have Debian Wheezy and packet is not a stable. In stable is libc6 2.13.

The Dota 2 binaries require a newer GLIBC version than Debian 7 ships. CentOS has the same issue. (Although it does run on the latest Ubuntu LTS, 12.04).

A workaround is to copy the libc.so.6 (and libm.so.6) from a newer distribution into your Dota 2 directory (next to srcds_linux).

DS 03-14-2014 16:21

I've updated the first post with a new srcds binary for Linux.

It should fix the undefined symbol error mentioned earlier. It should also fix another symbol error that occurs when attempting to load the clientprefs extension for SourceMod.

DS 03-15-2014 02:42

The first post has been updated once again with a new dedicated binary for Linux and Mac OS X. This fixes an issue where VScript files couldn't be run and some custom game modes wouldn't work as a result.

CyberStars 03-15-2014 10:29

Everything works fine.

Thank you guys. :up:

CyberStars 03-18-2014 09:17

Server runs fine. But when me and my friend play on it, it crashes after a short time when game is in progress.
It writes the following on server console:
Code:

/home/user/dota2/srcds_run:            line 356:      2870 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)    $HL_CMD

warning: exec file is newer than core file.

warning: Error reading shared library list entry at 0xfc938b00

warning: Error reading shared library list entry at 0xc3c95b58
warning: Error reading shared library list entry at 0xfc938b00
warning: Error reading shared library list entry at 0xc3c95b58
debug.cmds:5: Error in sourced command file:
No function contains program counter for selected frame.
Post about crashes or other issues at forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=158240

*******: Server restart in 10 seconds

The url is for Mac OS X Dedicated Servers, I'm running on Linux.

sm version:
Code:

SourceMod Version Information:
    SourceMod Version: 1.6.0-dev+4284
    SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.2, jit-x86 (build 1.6.0-dev+4284)
    SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 6
    Compiled on: Mar  6 2014 19:41:31
    Build ID: 4284:ffbdeec249d9
    http://www.sourcemod.net/

meta version:
Code:

Metamod:Source version 1.11.0-dev
Build ID: 907:5e7cfd30f942-dev
Loaded As: GameDLL (gameinfo.txt)
Compiled on: Mar 10 2014
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/

meta list:
Code:

Listing 3 plugins:
  [01] SourceMod (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  [03] SDK Tools (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC

sm plugins list:
Code:

[SM] Listing 17 plugins:
  01 "Admin Help" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  02 "Player Commands" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  03 "Basic Chat" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  04 "Basic Comm Control" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  05 "Basic Commands" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  06 "Admin File Reader" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  07 "Fun Votes" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  08 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  09 "Anti-Flood" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  10 "Fun Commands" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  11 "Sound Commands" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  12 "Admin Menu" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  13 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  14 Disabled: "Nextmap" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  15 "Basic Votes" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  16 "Reserved Slots" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC
  17 "Client Preferences" (1.6.0-dev+4284) by AlliedModders LLC

sm exts list:
Code:

[SM] Displaying 7 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.6.0-dev+4284): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.6.0-dev+4284): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] SDK Tools (1.6.0-dev+4284): Source SDK Tools
[04] BinTools (1.6.0-dev+4284): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[05] Top Menus (1.6.0-dev+4284): Creates sorted nested menus
[06] Client Preferences (1.6.0-dev+4284): Saves client preference settings
[07] SQLite (1.6.0-dev+4284): SQLite Driver

P.S.
I've opened a new thread about it. But when I saw the url for posting crashes I thought that it is mostly related to this topic.

Hassanshin_2 03-26-2014 10:45

Good, i can play dota 2 Lan in offline mode. but, how to fill the empty slot with bots?

I usually use "dota_start_ai_game 1"

then, this message appear

Can't change replicated ConVar dota_start_ai_game from console of client, only server operator can change its value

how to fill the empty slot with bots?

freakmaster 04-02-2014 05:17

i use mac os. whenever i try to launch srcds_run on termainal using the command " .../srcds_run -game dota +map dota " an error message follows stating
"ERROR: Invalid game type 'dota' sepecified.
Wed Apr 2 14:46:43 IST 2014: Server Failed"

Tetl 04-04-2014 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassanshin_2 (Post 2116120)
Good, i can play dota 2 Lan in offline mode. but, how to fill the empty slot with bots?

I usually use "dota_start_ai_game 1"

then, this message appear

Can't change replicated ConVar dota_start_ai_game from console of client, only server operator can change its value

how to fill the empty slot with bots?

dota_bot_populate

This message

Code:

means you need to input commands in your server window, not your Dota 2 game client

kidovate 04-06-2014 15:00

Aside from our crashes due to cosmetics on Linux, I'm having another issue now... The server seems to shutdown whenever someone disconnects, for example, if I fail to connect (like I don't have the map or something), the server instantly closes. Same thing if someone disconnects halfway through.

I'm running metamod and sourcemod, as well as d2fixups. I'm not sure what would cause this. The server log just says someone disconnected, and then immediately ends.

psychonic 04-06-2014 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidovate (Post 2121065)
Aside from our crashes due to cosmetics on Linux, I'm having another issue now... The server seems to shutdown whenever someone disconnects, for example, if I fail to connect (like I don't have the map or something), the server instantly closes. Same thing if someone disconnects halfway through.

I'm running metamod and sourcemod, as well as d2fixups. I'm not sure what would cause this. The server log just says someone disconnected, and then immediately ends.

That's a known issue with SourceMod on Dota right now (as of a few Dota updates ago), at least on Windows servers.

kidovate 04-06-2014 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2121068)
That's a known issue with SourceMod on Dota right now (as of a few Dota updates ago), at least on Windows servers.

Psy this is also Quantum on Steam, glad to see you're still looking at this thread.

I'm having trouble connecting to the server on three windows servers right now, I'm not quite sure why as if I launch the Alien Swarm style setup on the server it works fine, but using the same port in this version I can't connect. This is strange as I can connect to it on my local server.

The setups are exactly the same on every server as I have an exe setting everything up. Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to connect?

Also, does RCON use TCP or UDP in this? Which is better? Do I need the rcon handshake?

psychonic 04-06-2014 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2121068)

This should now be fixed in SM 1.6.0-hg4312 and later snapshots.

Vorian 04-13-2014 05:21

So, I followed these guides:
https://github.com/ash47/Frota#how-d...ay-with-friend[1]
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding...host_your_own/[2]
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...03#post2110203[3]
But whatever I do, I can't get it to work. I run srcds.exe via the command line and the shortcut but each way it just closes after few seconds.
Here's how my folders look:
http://imgur.com/a/MgOyl#0 [4]
Any idea what could be going wrong?
Here's some log file i dug up:
Code:

---- Host_NewGame ----
material "nodraw" not found.
Missing map material: nodraw
TraceRayVerticalGroundHeight() disabled for 'maps/riverofsouls.bsp'
Host_NewGame on map riverofsouls
ConVarRef r_flashoverbudget doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Error, bad server command snd_reload_caches
Executing dedicated server config file
Set Gravity 800.0 (0.250 tolerance)
SoundEmitter:  adding map sound overrides from scripts/game_sounds_custom.txt [66 total, 7 replacements, 0 duplicated replacements]
S:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_INIT'
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_01.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/antler_trap_02.mdl over budget: 8640 tris, 1 batches
Model props_gameplay/pig_sfm_low.mdl over budget: 5911 tris, 1 batches
Model creeps/neutral_creeps/n_creep_ogre_lrg/n_creep_ogre_lrg.mdl over budget: 4132 tris, 2 batches
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl1.mdl!
error.mdl : material "models/error/new light1" not found.
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl2.mdl!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_lamp"!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_destroy_lvl3"!
Can't find soundscape: radiant_center
Dynamic prop prop_dynamic_clientside: no sequence named:Secretshop_radiant_idle
Invalid file size for motd.txt
Invalid file size for host.txt
Created class baseline: 27 classes, 18030 bytes.
CGameEventManager:: unknown type 'uint32' for key 'accountID' [player_info_updated].
exec: couldn't exec server.cfg
CSoundEmitterSystem:  Registered 1454 sounds

psychonic 04-13-2014 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorian (Post 2123881)
So, I followed these guides:
https://github.com/ash47/Frota#how-d...ay-with-friend[1]
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding...host_your_own/[2]
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...03#post2110203[3]
But whatever I do, I can't get it to work. I run srcds.exe via the command line and the shortcut but each way it just closes after few seconds.
Here's how my folders look:
http://imgur.com/a/MgOyl#0 [4]
Any idea what could be going wrong?
Here's some log file i dug up:
Code:

---- Host_NewGame ----
material "nodraw" not found.
Missing map material: nodraw
Host_NewGame on map riverofsouls
ConVarRef r_flashoverbudget doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Set Gravity 800.0 (0.250 tolerance)
SoundEmitter:  adding map sound overrides from scripts/game_sounds_custom.txt [66 total, 7 replacements, 0 duplicated replacements]
Model creeps/neutral_creeps/n_creep_ogre_lrg/n_creep_ogre_lrg.mdl over budget: 4132 tris, 2 batches
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl1.mdl!
error.mdl : material "models/error/new light1" not found.
Failed to load models/props_structures/tower_bad3_dest_lvl2.mdl!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_lamp"!
Server: Missing precache for particle system "tower_bad3_destroy_lvl3"!
Can't find soundscape: radiant_center
Dynamic prop prop_dynamic_clientside: no sequence named:Secretshop_radiant_idle
Invalid file size for motd.txt
Invalid file size for host.txt
Created class baseline: 27 classes, 18030 bytes.
CGameEventManager:: unknown type 'uint32' for key 'accountID' [player_info_updated].
CSoundEmitterSystem:  Registered 1454 sounds

It looks like D2Fixups isn't loaded, possibly from MM:S not being loaded or installed.

McM3yer 04-13-2014 10:05

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to setup an offline dota 2 server for a lan party (completly without internet), metamod and the d2fixups are installed, but if i'm trying to host a new game over typing 'map dota' the server kills itself without giving an error or something else. Any ideas about what I can do?

#Console initialized.
#Adding VPK file: D:\servers\d2server\dota\sound_vo_english
#Adding VPK file: D:\servers\d2server\dota\pak01
#Adding VPK file: D:\servers\d2server\platform\pak01
#Could not get IReplayDirector interface from library server.dll#Game.dll loaded for "Dota 2"
[D2Fixups] Warning: Failed to setup Test Clint shutdown patch.
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Unknown command "mat_grain_enable"
Unknown command "dota_camer_listening_offset"

meta version
Metamod:Source version 1.10.1-dev
Build ID: 863:40f95b364a37-dev
Loaded As: GameDLL (gameinfo.txt)
Compiled on: Aug 25 2013
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] Dota 2 Fixups (2.0.1) by Nicholas Hastings

CyberStars 04-22-2014 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberStars (Post 2112967)
Server runs fine. But when me and my friend play on it, it crashes after a short time when game is in progress.

Is there any news about this issue?

psychonic 04-22-2014 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberStars (Post 2127960)
Is there any news about this issue?

There is an issue with Linux servers causing it to crash in some bone/animation logic. It is difficult to debug and not the fault of any plugins.

Quintinity 04-22-2014 15:04

What are the possible causes of this message? The server shuts itself down afterwards.

Code:

*  Unable to load Steam support library.      *
*  This server will operate in LAN mode only.  *

I am running on Windows and MM:S and D2Fixups are loading properly.

psychonic 04-22-2014 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintinity (Post 2128097)
What are the possible causes of this message? The server shuts itself down afterwards.

Code:

*  Unable to load Steam support library.      *
*  This server will operate in LAN mode only.  *

I am running on Windows and MM:S and D2Fixups are loading properly.

That can happen if you have the Steam client installed on the server and it is out of date (whether it is running or not).

Quintinity 04-22-2014 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2128170)
That can happen if you have the Steam client installed on the server and it is out of date (whether it is running or not).

Hmm, I tried updating the server files using app_update 570 validate in SteamCMD. I don't know if that is what I'm supposed to do but it made no difference.

psychonic 04-22-2014 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintinity (Post 2128175)
Hmm, I tried updating the server files using app_update 570 validate in SteamCMD. I don't know if that is what I'm supposed to do but it made no difference.

Not the game server, but the Steam client.

Quintinity 04-22-2014 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2128176)
Not the game server, but the Steam client.

Yes, I'm sure that my Steam client is up to date. Are there any other possible reasons?

wbykos 04-29-2014 03:49

Tryed these instructions. Server seems run fine, but i can't connect. Whats wrong with him?
Ubuntu 14.04
Code:

root@udota:/ext/games/dota2# ./run.sh ./srcds_run -debug -game dota +map dota

************** WARNING ***************
Running the dedicated server as root 
is highly discouraged. It is generally
unnecessary to use root privileges to
execute the dedicated server.       

The server will continue to launch in 10 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 9 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 8 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 7 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 6 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 5 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 4 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 3 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 2 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 1 seconds\rAuto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Enabling debug mode
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Using breakpad minidump system
Using breakpad crash handler
Adding VPK file: /ext/games/dota2/dota/pak01
Adding VPK file: /ext/games/dota2/platform/pak01
Did not detect any valid joysticks.
WARNING: unable to link Test_StartScript and Test_StartScript because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link Test_RandomChance and Test_RandomChance because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link Test_LoopForNumSeconds and Test_LoopForNumSeconds because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link Test_Loop and Test_Loop because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link Test_LoopCount and Test_LoopCount because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link Test_StartLoop and Test_StartLoop because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link log_flags and log_flags because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link log_color and log_color because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link log_verbosity and log_verbosity because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link log_level and log_level because one or more is a ConCommand.
WARNING: unable to link log_dumpchannels and log_dumpchannels because one or more is a ConCommand.

Console initialized.
Adding VPK file: /ext/games/dota2/dota/sound_vo_english
Could not get IReplayDirector interface from library serverGame.dll loaded for "Dota 2"
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Unknown command "mat_grain_enable"
Unknown command "dota_camera_listening_offset"
---- Host_NewGame ----
Host_NewGame on map dota
Failed to load addons\\scripts\maps\.txt!
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 570
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Server is hibernating
S3: Client connected with invalid ticket: UserID: 2
Could not establish connection to Steam servers.

And client with revemu
Code:

] connect 6.6.6.17
NotifyClientSignon: 1
Connecting to public(6.6.6.17:27015) ...
35.389:  Sending UDP connect to public IP 6.6.6.17:27015

Disconnect: STEAM validation rejected

NotifyClientSignon: 0

psychonic 04-29-2014 09:07

Get rid of the revemu no-steam garbage and it will work.

yoshipower 04-29-2014 13:00

Hello there, let me introduce myself quickly. I'm a french dota 2 player and I'm having a LAN-party soon with some friends.
Of course, your tutorial to run a DotA 2 dedicated server is the best thing I've ever crossed on the Internet for a while, because I really want to play this game offline with no internet connection !
So, having some troubles I've just registered to this forum. First of all, a big thank you for your work !

So here's my trouble : I have installed the server following the guide step by step, and since i work in ITs I have no real problem to understand what I'm doing.

When I launch the server, it seems to be stable, but when I use the command "map dota", there are some error messages :

http://i.imgur.com/F9LR7s9.png

I don't know what the path \\scripts\maps\.txt refers to. And why can't i exec server.cfg ?

Thank you for your further help.

psychonic 04-29-2014 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoshipower (Post 2131259)
Hello there, let me introduce myself quickly. I'm a french dota 2 player and I'm having a LAN-party soon with some friends.
Of course, your tutorial to run a DotA 2 dedicated server is the best thing I've ever crossed on the Internet for a while, because I really want to play this game offline with no internet connection !
So, having some troubles I've just registered to this forum. First of all, a big thank you for your work !

So here's my trouble : I have installed the server following the guide step by step, and since i work in ITs I have no real problem to understand what I'm doing.

When I launch the server, it seems to be stable, but when I use the command "map dota", there are some error messages :

http://i.imgur.com/F9LR7s9.png

I don't know what the path \\scripts\maps\.txt refers to. And why can't i exec server.cfg ?

Thank you for your further help.

If you want it to strictly be a lan server, you will need to add +sv_lan 1 to the launch options.

You can ignore the "\\scripts\maps\.txt" message, and not being able to exec server.cfg is normal if you don't have one (which is fine).

yoshipower 04-29-2014 13:37

Hello Psychonic, thank you for answering so fast ! Unfortunately, your tip doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Here are some detailed screenshots of my procedure to run it :

http://i.imgur.com/2Zznk4O.png

psychonic 04-29-2014 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoshipower (Post 2131279)
Hello Psychonic, thank you for answering so fast ! Unfortunately, your tip doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Here are some detailed screenshots of my procedure to run it :

http://i.imgur.com/2Zznk4O.png

If you are trying to connect to it from the same computer running the server, you need to change your game's clientport by adding +clientport <port> to your game launch options in Steam. Set it to something unused, and not 27005 (the default).