AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [DODS] DoDS-Bots (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=164435)

strontiumdog 08-11-2011 13:51

[DODS] DoDS-Bots

Dods Bots have been superceded with a much superior plugin

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/

Happy DODs player 08-11-2011 18:13

Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots

Gone give them a test tomorrows, strontiumdog,

McFlurry 08-11-2011 19:53

Can we get a video of them in action, I want to see how good they are.

strontiumdog 08-11-2011 20:32

Depending on how you set the skill levels of the bots, they can be really accurate and head shot you every time or reasonably accurate!
I'll see if I can get a video up.

The bots have been out for a while, with the folks over in dodsourceplugins.net doing a lot of the testing and trying them out.
I just hadn't released them on AM.

Here are current servers playing the bots: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...&type=variable

The bots don't access certain weapons such as Rockets or MGs, for two reasons.
1. There is a right click involved for those weapons
2. I hate camping bots (from the Sturmbot days on DoD1.3)

A word of warning about waypointing.
All the bot navs have been set up for 32 players servers. If you run less than 32 players, bot flag capturing may not work properly. They will still run around the map correctly, except they won't cap flags if you server has less than 32 slots.
If that is the case, then you simply have to find out the flag entity for each flag, which can be done under set up mode, and then save it to the nav file in the /data folder

ltgenkd 08-12-2011 00:44

404 Not Found error for the above link.

ltgenkd 08-12-2011 01:20

Ok thanks, I'll check this out.

micazoid 08-12-2011 07:14

Pretty good work Dog, I am running the bots for little while now.

It is a good method to fill the server. No more running alone over maps and shooting at tables.

Theres only one little upturn on this:

bots_leave <#> isn't working at all. I think you know about this, it is mentionend in DODSourceplugins.net

It will work in first map after restart, but on mapchange the Bots are appearing again, and they will NEVER leave anymore till next restart of server.

I mentioned this in this pretty ignored thread and I have a workarround for this.

For workarround see the ignored thread.

strontiumdog 08-12-2011 09:59

You are running 1.4.100.

The current version is 1.4.400 as mentioned in this ignored thread
:P

I eventually found time to sit down and fix some of the issues. The bots are now leaving correctly.

psychonic 08-12-2011 10:03

@strontiumdog

Do you happen to have the source for DodHook handy as well? Can't attach or link extension if the source isn't attached or linked as well :3

strontiumdog 08-12-2011 10:07

I know...I was worried about that Psy. I didn't want to attach the extension without the source.
I'll check to see if Andersso will upload it here

*EDIT*
Scratch that! The only thing it required was the instant respawn function from DoDHooks, because occasionally bots get stuck in spec mode.
I rewrote it to use offsets instead, using Andersso's original non-extension method of respawning (although he uses signatures - I used offsets)

If you are running 1.4.400, this update is optional.

Happy DODs player 08-23-2011 11:30

Does this still run? After the Last updates ?

* Found it * Dodhooks 1.4 Updated and it works proper.

strontiumdog 08-23-2011 12:45

The latest version doesn't require DoDHooks

micazoid 09-01-2011 12:54

Might be a very stupid question:

What is the easiest Bot in botprofile.db??? Do I have to set five for "very easy" or one for "very easy"???

I checked it out and it seems to be 5 as very easy. But I want to be sure XD

EDIT:
Bots are leaving now, but they are also rejoining in a way, that is just strange. Didn't test the new version long enough to say further, but I am on it

Dagunchi 09-08-2011 22:15

I added your plugin and it is good, but in all custom maps not working waypoints for Wechrmacht, not tested the default maps, because i don't use them!

Can you fix this issue?

andi67 09-09-2011 05:20

If you use custommaps you have to add waypoints by yourself for every map.....

strontiumdog 09-09-2011 07:43

As Andi says, only the main maps have waypoints.
People have created waypoints for custom maps and shared them.

Details on waypointing are in the notes.

Dagunchi 09-09-2011 20:19

Yes i created for both teams in 14 maps, but only works for U.S. Army, but when in bots_setup 1 then in Wehrmacht bots working, read please my post one more time and there i write that the bots not working only for Wehrmacht, they run in wall always! :(
I have little maps because i have GunGame Server and i spend 4 hours in one map to find a problem why not working Wehrmacht bots and i know that issue not my, because all waypoints i set correctly and not one time, because only one team working!

Thank you!

strontiumdog 09-09-2011 20:25

Post your bots waypoint file for the map that is causing issues

Dagunchi 09-10-2011 10:08

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by strontiumdog (Post 1551833)
Post your bots waypoint file for the map that is causing issues

There it is:

And when bots leave server and rejoin then name of bots is unnamed, unnamed(1) and etc...

strontiumdog 09-10-2011 10:15

The default minimum number of waypoints per team is 8. This ensures that the bots do not walk on each other, which causes major server lag with all the collisions.

When a bot spawns, it finds its nearest corresponding waypoint set and then follows it.

So you need to create 6 more sets of waypoints for each team. Each set should start at a different spawn point.

Good waypointing is time consuming but necessary.

Otherwise you will have horrendous server lag as the bots try to run through each other.

Dagunchi 09-10-2011 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by strontiumdog (Post 1552204)
The default minimum number of waypoints per team is 8. This ensures that the bots do not walk on each other, which causes major server lag with all the collisions.

When a bot spawns, it finds its nearest corresponding waypoint set and then follows it.

So you need to create 6 more sets of waypoints for each team. Each set should start at a different spawn point.

Good waypointing is time consuming but necessary.

Otherwise you will have horrendous server lag as the bots try to run through each other.

Ok, thank you i try set 8 waypoints per team!
But my configuration was:
Code:

bots_enabled 1
bots_number 4
bots_maxsets 2
bots_leave 4
bots_setup 0

This should work with 4 bots?
And how much then i need waypoint per team?
8 or 4?

Thank you in advance!

strontiumdog 09-10-2011 11:24

Two waypoints per team really isn't enough. I would use eight only because it creates a variation in routes for each bot.
When you go into setup mode, all the spawn points for each team are highlighted with a white circle. Try to get a separate route from each group of two or three points, depending on the number of spawn points (most maps have 20, most custom maps have 16) per team.

It is time consuming, but worth it, to reduce lag and make the bots more human like and unpredictable.

Rom1 10-02-2011 06:16

First: thanks for this great plugin and extension !

While using this plugin+ext my server experience a lot of crashes, always at the same offset. I suspect crashes to be linked to bot spawning.

Hereafter the stacktrace:
0 server.so + 0x3997b4
1 server.so + 0x3d8df6
2 server.so + 0x5e2c2a
3 server.so + 0x17f5a8
4 server.so + 0x5f1ec1
5 server.so + 0x3dd6fb
6 server.so + 0x439329
7 server.so + 0x430cce
8 server.so + 0x4124df
9 server.so + 0x412d92

I hope it will help you to find the bug (if there is one) and maybe it could help me too :)

strontiumdog 10-08-2011 20:33

Will look into it.

Rom1 10-09-2011 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by strontiumdog (Post 1571097)
Will look into it.

You can contact me if you want any help like tests or anything else :)
I'll send you a PM with my mail address.

Thanks again for this great plugin :)

ThaMossop 10-15-2011 05:18

Thanks for this plugin btw. Had it installed for a few hours til the updates came in.

Did the big updates, just the other day, break this? I know it broke dodHooks slightly on Windows servers but that's sorted now.

When anyone joins our server with this running, it bombs out now.

dangerousbrian 10-15-2011 05:38

hi guys
another great plugin Dog
seems the latest steam update yesterday has affected the plugin from loading
cant seem to find any reason for this
is anyone else suffering this issue or just me

DB

dangerousbrian 10-15-2011 05:40

sorry Mossop was posting at the same time

andi67 10-15-2011 05:45

Get gamedata for DODHooks here http://dodsplugins.com/index.php
use the latest SDKHooks....
that should solve your problems....

dangerousbrian 10-15-2011 08:43

still not working for me

strontiumdog 10-15-2011 10:00

Hmmm...working for me
I'm using the latest snapshot of SM1.3.9

I know that the server would crash as soon as a bot was given items if SDKHooks was not updated.

*EDIT*
Just double checked, and yep they're working fine.
All you need is the latest Game Data for SDKHooks and DoDHooks

dangerousbrian 10-15-2011 10:37

ok thanks dog will give it a go

dangerousbrian 10-15-2011 11:59

working great
set cvars wrong lol

DB

ThaMossop 10-17-2011 06:41

Thanks for the quick responses. Well I only installed it the day of the update being released so was thinking it would be the latest version of SDK Hooks but I see there's beta versions of 2.1 or something like that up here so shall give that a go when I get a chance.

Update: I needed the latest dev sourcemod too it seemed.. All sorted now. Thanks

jab2000 10-19-2011 02:49

Where can I get the latest Game Data for DoDHooksur your link died

darkranger 10-19-2011 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jab2000 (Post 1578761)
Where can I get the latest Game Data for DoDHooksur your link died

iis it so hard to look on the website ??

http://dodsplugins.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4

micazoid 10-19-2011 12:29

Dunno if this is the right place to post, but I am looking forward for an answer.

Since last version the Bots_leave command does acting very random. Here are my current settings:
Quote:

bots_enabled 1 // --Used to turn on and off the plugin
bots_setup 0 // --Used to switch the plugin into setup mode for waypointing
bots_number 6 // --Number of bots that spawn at the beginning of the map
bots_info 1 // --Will report what bots are doing such as the entity of the flag they are trying to cap
bots_maxsets 8 // --Sets the number of waypoint sets required, PER TEAM. So if you specify 8, then you must have 8 waypoint sets for each team.
bots_leave 4 // --Number of humans needed to force bots to leave
The effect of this settings is, the following:
We are playing with for humans (two on each team) and four bots (2 on each team)
As soon as a player connects, one bot of the allied team is leaving (it is ALWAYS the allied team)
The new player joins Allies.
Next player joins the server one bot of allied players is leaving, and the new player is joining Allies (due to restrictions, that there can be only one more player in the opposite team, which is in this case always the wehrmacht)

This is causing this one effect:
Allied team can win very easy on maps like colmar or Anzio, and the wehrmachtplayers are leaving because they are frustrated by losing. As soon as a wehrmacht player leaves, a bot is joining and is filling the wehrmachtside. Because of this, the Wehrmacht is pretty often a team with Bots only, what isn`t good for gameplay at all.

Here are my questions about bots_leave
- Is the 4 the amount of players at all on the server or the amount of humans on each team?
- Is it possible to "balance" the leaving of the bots, so, that the bots are only leaving, when a new player joins a team, not when the players join the server?
- How can I control, what weapons the bots are playing? I didf set the skill of the bots on 5 and 4, what I think is lowest skill, but the rifle classes are still shooting like the best cheater ever

BTW:
I am running a 24 Slot server (I am aware of the Flagcapproblem in servers with lower Slots then 32) and I am running Gungame (depends on maps) and the bots are playing very well with Gungame.

Sorry, if I missed something in your readme, what will solve my problems.
Another question comes to my mind. I have pretty much waypointfiles for custommaps saved on my harddrive (mostly done by coach). Where can I share them?

strontiumdog 10-19-2011 13:02

OK. Will look at it.

micazoid 10-19-2011 15:14

Quote:

OK. Will look at it.
Thank You DOG. Keep up the good work *thumpsup*

micazoid 10-21-2011 18:06

Another Idea:

You sayed "Do not use the bots to fill your server"

So I wrote to my server name the word "BOTS"

And my server is getting filled because of players who are wanna to play vs bots.

Now I have the problem, that there arent bots, if there are more then 6 players on it. Maybe a convar like sv_nobotshostname "My Clanserver |No Bots| timeleft | blabla" will override the hostname if there are no bots on the server? Or the cvar is something like sv_overridehostname_nobots or something?

Sorry for my bad english, I do not know how to get this right.

Greets n0n