Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving

Post New Thread Reply   

micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2011 , 15:40   [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there. Today I need some help. Maybe some of you got more ideas, mine are empty ^^

Heres the situation:

I installed Bots for Day of Defeat Source written by Dog.

They are fine and worked so far, just the leavemode isn't working. This wasnt a problem so far. But now many players are joining on a daily basis and I have to kick the bots to set slots free on my little 14slots machine. This I have to do every mapchange.

So I looked for a way to do this via a cfg file and I found this Now the problem is, that the commands to set the number of the bots cant be changed via RCON. (You can change the number of the Bots via rcon bots_number X, but it hasnt an effect). The configs are gettin executed as soon as there are the required number of players but it hasn't any effect on the bots

At this point let me give a résumé:
- bots_number or bots_enabled cant be changed via rcon
- bots leave doesn't work at all

So I had my next idea:
I was trying to kick bots via the cfgs of the plugin. So I tried to reduce the bot.db (file were skill and names are stored in) to 3 bots for the alllies and 3 for the Wehrmacht. So I have only 3 names for each team and I am able to kick them via sm_kick. But this doesnt work either, because 4 of 6 bots appeared as unnamed ingame.

Next thing I tried, was to test, if the playerids of the bots are always the same. (status in console.) But I think you can guess: They are not ^^

Now I havent any idea what I can do further. I read the thread of dog for the bots, but none of the problems (bots_leave doesn't work and unnamed problem) is solved there.

Has anybody ideas? Any idea is welcome! Thanks in advance

EDIT:

Here is my Bot Setup in Server.cfg

Code:
bots_enabled 1
// --Default is 1
// --Used to turn on and off the plugin

bots_setup 0
// --Default is 0
// --Used to switch the plugin into setup mode for waypointing

bots_number 6
// --Default is 8
// --Number of bots that spawn at the beginning of the map

bots_info 1
// --Default is 0
// --Will report what bots are doing such as the entity of the flag they are trying to cap

bots_maxsets 8
// --Default is 8
// --Sets the number of waypoint sets required, PER TEAM.  So if you specify 8, then you must have 8 waypoint sets for each team.

bots_leave 4
// --Default is 8
// --Number of humans needed to force bots to leave

Last edited by micazoid; 06-19-2011 at 13:03.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2011 , 02:31   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #2

Now I know, why rcon didnt work:

It seems, that making mapspecific cfgs is interrupting rcon functionality for this plugin.
Old 07-05-2011 , 06:22   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #3

I hate to bump, but I am wondering if the Map Commands Module of Ultimate Mapchooser can manage this.

I have still the Problem, that Bots arent leaving. The Problem is even more serious because Server gets full. Bots are always joining BEFORE anybody else joins, so The slots are blocked and 4 till 6 people get kicked because of a full server.

Help me please! I DO NEED an automated system very bad ^^
Old 07-06-2011 , 02:12   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #4

After searching hours in ALL Plugins, I did find this

I cant imagine, why this came up on my radar while searching for executing plugins.

Anyway, thanks for all that help, I am glad, that I disturbed nobody.......
Old 07-06-2011 , 09:32   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #5

Actually, I am interested in how you are getting the DoD:S bots to leave/join automatically with the bot plugin as it has not worked for me either. Are you using a combination of plugins to fix the issue?
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2011 , 13:06   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #6

Finally a reply.......

I am managing it this way:

I installed this plugin and wrote in the fullserver.cfg sm_kick @bots (and a couple of other things like other servername blabla) and in emptyserver.cfg I am inviteing the bots back in.
Old 07-07-2011 , 14:27   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot and settle for it, but since this is kicking/adding bots all at the same time, this doesn't work quite as well as it would as each real player joined one bot was kicked and vice versa as it works in CSS and TF2 with bots. I think that's how the integrated feature of the plugin was supposed to function, but it doesn't work.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-07-2011 , 14:49   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #8

This may sound like a silly question, but... DOD:S doesn't have built-in bots like CS:S or TF2 do?
Old 07-07-2011 , 15:54   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
Nope, but it does have 3rd-party ones available by a Source Mod plugin that aren't too bad given a few lacking features.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2011 , 07:53   Re: [help, any idea is welcome] Bots for DODS arent leaving
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot and settle for it, but since this is kicking/adding bots all at the same time, this doesn't work quite as well as it would as each real player joined one bot was kicked and vice versa as it works in CSS and TF2 with bots. I think that's how the integrated feature of the plugin was supposed to function, but it doesn't work.
I played a bit arround with the bot.db to get only 3 names per team (3 bots per team), so I can kick specific names. But this wasnt a success.....