AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v2.0.7, 2021-11-03) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=244114)

splewis 07-24-2014 22:45

Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.0.0, 2014-7-13)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pan32 (Post 2173300)
Since you're updating, could you add a extra option on the plugin to set a password to be executed on lo3? I know you can do it through standard.cfg, but would be easy to control so.

EDIT: actually, everytime you go live and the passworg gets setted up, it seems like it always gets reset to none.

Hmmm, I can't figure out why it would get reset. I'll have to experiment with it. I like the idea though. The plugin *does* execute the game's standard competitive config (i.e. the matchmaking config) before it executes the standard.cfg (or whatever you pointed that cvar to), but that shouldn't be setting sv_password afiak.

Pan32 07-24-2014 23:10

Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.0.0, 2014-7-13)

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2173317)
Hmmm, I can't figure out why it would get reset. I'll have to experiment with it. I like the idea though. The plugin *does* execute the game's standard competitive config (i.e. the matchmaking config) before it executes the standard.cfg (or whatever you pointed that cvar to), but that shouldn't be setting sv_password afiak.

Well, I've doubled checked and there is no passwords set on any of the configs besides standard, at least that I found. Either way, I believe its way better to just have that option so it enables when the match starts and disables when it ends.

Thank you for your quick responses btw!

splewis 07-25-2014 02:01

Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)

Try version 1.1.0 in the first post, which uses a different formatting string, and I've used (most) of the parts of it on Windows servers successfully before.

Pan32 07-25-2014 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2173363)
Try version 1.1.0 in the first post, which uses a different formatting string, and I've used (most) of the parts of it on Windows servers successfully before.

Plugin seems to be working quite well with auto-record on it. Thanks!
The only thing thats really missing is just that password toggle, and it's good to go. Good to actually have a plugin thats simple, light, and it's not a massive chaos like warmod.

splewis 07-26-2014 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pan32 (Post 2173937)
Plugin seems to be working quite well with auto-record on it. Thanks!
The only thing thats really missing is just that password toggle, and it's good to go. Good to actually have a plugin thats simple, light, and it's not a massive chaos like warmod.

Thanks, warmod was definitely a little too crazy for a lot of people.

I'm looking into the password thing, I'm not sure if you'd want 2 cvars - a live password and a warmup password, or just a live password and restore the password to its original value when the game ends.

Pan32 07-26-2014 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2174192)
Thanks, warmod was definitely a little too crazy for a lot of people.

I'm looking into the password thing, I'm not sure if you'd want 2 cvars - a live password and a warmup password, or just a live password and restore the password to its original value when the game ends.

It all comes down to you, to be honest. To be honest, I would just prefer a auto password for when it's live and just set the password to none as soon as it ends/warmup. Also, you might want to add a option to set the number of players in teams, or at least calculate the max teams the server can handle, because I have a 10 slots server and it still asks if we want to do a 6vs6 players, which is impossible.

splewis 07-26-2014 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pan32 (Post 2174217)
It all comes down to you, to be honest. To be honest, I would just prefer a auto password for when it's live and just set the password to none as soon as it ends/warmup. Also, you might want to add a option to set the number of players in teams, or at least calculate the max teams the server can handle, because I have a 10 slots server and it still asks if we want to do a 6vs6 players, which is impossible.

One problem is that running sv_password "" (removing the password) will not allow you to readd the password. It might on map change, but I believe it requires a full server restart. :shock:

Pan32 07-26-2014 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by splewis (Post 2174243)
One problem is that running sv_password "" (removing the password) will not allow you to readd the password. It might on map change, but I believe it requires a full server restart. :shock:

I believe it does not require any map change or a restart. Also, to reset, you can use sv_password none instead of "", which avoids any bugs. Let me know if you need a windows server to test on.

splewis 07-26-2014 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pan32 (Post 2174251)
I believe it does not require any map change or a restart. Also, to reset, you can use sv_password none instead of "", which avoids any bugs. Let me know if you need a windows server to test on.

Ahhh, I'll try that.

splewis 07-26-2014 17:40

I'm not having much luck with putting a password back on:
Code:

Cannot require sv_password when server is already reserved or clients connected!

Another non-passwordy idea that would fix my issue would a cvar be to kick players that join when the game is live and there are enough players on.