AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   VSH / Freak Fortress (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=146884)

snelvuur 06-08-2011 15:49

Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

If you mean "Reduced Hale's damage versus DR by 20 HPs."

Then its not working..

FlaminSarge 06-08-2011 23:58

I think he might have accidentally switched around the lines for dead ringers, so that when he's only supposed to take 50 damage, he dies, and when he's supposed to die, he takes 50 damage (which kills him anyways).

I can paste in the block of code I replaced it with (spies can't survive two or three consecutive hits from Hale while dead ringered) if you want.

PHP Code:

else if (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client) == TFClass_Spy && (GetEntProp(clientProp_Send"m_bFeignDeathReady") || TF2_GetPlayerConditionFlags(client) & TF_CONDFLAG_DEADRINGERED))
            {
                if (
damagetype DMG_CRITdamagetype &= ~DMG_CRIT;

damage 600.0;
                return 
Plugin_Changed;
            } 

Find the line related to spies in TakeDamageHook and change it. Comment out the DMG_CRIT line if you want the chance of spies dying by Saxton's crit.

Eggman 06-08-2011 23:59

Boss can kill DR by crit. If it isn't crit Spy will still alive;

Also I have plans for Gaben on FF2.

snelvuur 06-09-2011 02:14

@flamin: thanks
@eggman: i do have crits turned off, even when he taunts.

FlaminSarge 06-09-2011 15:21

Eggman: if you're not coding Gaben now, I'll give it a shot.

One of saxtons voice lines seems to be broken/cut short: "I am, for the rest of you, read on as I--"
Is this intentional?

Mev 06-10-2011 00:18

Having an issue with how to deal with the first rounds after map change.

15 people will connect in time for the first round and it will count down and those who have computers a tiny bit slower miss out on the first round?

Tried having a muck around with settings to some how delay but I just end up with arena mode hanging "waiting for players" and shit, what are the commnads I can use? any ideas?

Monkeys 06-10-2011 03:39

It can't just be a "tiny bit" slower, they have 30s. So unless they need to redownload the map every time...

And to eggman: A suggestion: Disable collision for a few seconds between HHHJr. and whoever he teleported into... It's sickening.

Mev 06-10-2011 04:13

My server doesn't wait anything close to 30 seconds before starting.

Waits like 5 tops after some people join teams.
Is there anything I can do?

Unreal1 06-10-2011 06:39

Yes increase your waiting for players time. But by default it is 30 sec. So, look through ur config to make sure its not being modified

The command is either
sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time
or
mp_waitingforplayers_time

I forgot which one

FlaminSarge 06-10-2011 10:32

VSH silently changes some cvars, so it's entirely possible. I'm not sure which ones, as I can't look at the code at the moment, but it's easy to check.