PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Checksum

c0ldfyr3
09-02-2005, 03:21
Hey all.
Im making a plugin to change the hostage models SERVER side so all clients use the same models.

I have everything working fine, the entire thing is perfect, but trying to get a certain pack of models to work.

My current test models work fine from folder "models/hostitron/girl/", named "Hostage_01.mdl" etc with all the associated files. But no materials with my ones.

Now, onto the new ones Im trying. They come with materials, which are located in "materials/models/player/korin/" and which I preloaded at ServerActivate.

I have the models placed in "models/hostitron/korin/" using the normal "Hostage_01.mdl" naming convention.

When I start the server and try and set the models, it gives me the following error...
"models/Chacters/Hostage_01.mdl wrong checksum"

I have no idea of the relationships between models and their materials and herein lies the problem.

Any help would be grately appreciated !

P.S. Yes I am using PrecacheGeneric and AddDownload in ServerActivate
PrecacheGeneric("materials/models/player/korin/bikini01C.vmt" and so on.

L. Duke
09-02-2005, 12:27
You shouldn't need to precache the materials as the engine will handle all of the model files including materials when you precache the mdl. (You do need to add all of the files individually to the downloadables string table.)

Not sure if that has anything to do with your error or not though.

c0ldfyr3
09-06-2005, 08:21
Im an ejit, the error im getting isnt in the materials files, its one of the model files.

models\Characters\Hostage_03.vvd has wrong checksum

This is the error, altho im setting the models using

pBase->SetModel( "models/hostitron/korin/Hostage_03.mdl" );

Does anyone know what the vvd files are even ?
I have all the models files in the korin sub dir, so im guessing its trying to load the regular files with the korin model and thats where the errors coming from...

I guess the solution is to find out how to make it use its own vvd files :?:

c0ldfyr3
09-06-2005, 08:26
Dukey, did you decompile the models you use with your ModelChanger to change paths ?

Just noticed Mani saying something about it in another post, this may be the problem...

c0ldfyr3
09-06-2005, 09:23
Used your tutorial and recompiled the models, works perfect minus one error...
Error! Variable "1" is multiply defined in material "models/player/korin/bikini_h02"!

Dont think it matters but it comes up in the console a bit.

L. Duke
09-07-2005, 11:37
You could check the vmt file for that material. I assume that's where any "variables" would be doubly-defined.

c0ldfyr3
09-07-2005, 11:49
It was just the recompiling, it was looking for textures in the regular Hostage textures which werent there hehe.

I was trying to use your chicken model as a Hostage model but when you kill it, it says hostage dead n all that, but it still follows you lmao, and you can still rescue it !!!

Did you make the model from scratch ? Seems like a weird thing to be happening but I think it could be because the model has no movements for dieing so it doesnt do them lmao.