PDA

View Full Version : Trying to compile server plugin

__37__
05-16-2005, 15:55
I have walked through the steps of creating a source code only mod. I then went into the src/utils/serverplugin_sample and launched the serverplugin_empty.vcproj . I am trying to follow the walkthrough ( http://www.sourcewiki.org/wiki/index.php/Compiling_and_Debugging_a_mod ) on sourcewiki, but have run into a couple questions:

1. In part 3 it says: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\_Your_Username_\s ourcesdk\sdkcontent\maps directory, copy the sdk_cubemap.vmf. I can't find the sdk_cubemap.vmf file. I have searched the entire valve directory and subdirectories and still no luck. Where is this file? Is it needed to compile a server plugin?

2. Is this the right way to compile a server plugin or is there another way to compile and debug it? The above turorial seems to be if I were making an actual 'game' mod. Is that the turorial to follow?

Thanks for the help.

__37__
05-17-2005, 09:21
anyone have any idea or a tutorial i can reference here?

can i just start a new .dll project and include all the files?

L. Duke
05-17-2005, 10:39
Try opening the server plugin sample project.

Then for Microsoft Visual Studio, you should make sure that you have the following HL2SDK paths in your include settings (Tools -> Options -> Projects, VC++ Directories, Include Files).

* dlls
* public
* public\vsdtlib
* public\tier1
* public\tier0
* public\engine
* public\dlls
* tier1
* lib\public (this should be in your Library Paths!)

Change to "release" instead of "debug" and try compiling. Hopefully you'll get a serverplugin_empty.dll in your release folder.