PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Dr. Greg House
06-10-2014, 17:00
I don't by habit decompile PH maps and see if something's wrong with it.[...]

You don't have to. EntSpy is sufficient, even allows modifications.

As for the PH related stuff:
Trust me I know how PH works. :P

My suggestion:
Don't add any new maps when they don't fit the standards.

Fearts
06-11-2014, 17:34
After this new TF2 update it seems the flame thrower no longer jet packs you when you hold down attack and then jump.

Dr. Greg House
06-11-2014, 17:53
"IsAttackCritical" needs new gamedata. I was told it is being worked on at the moment.

Powerlord
06-11-2014, 18:12
So, there's a new version of 007facility up in the maps post.

ph_007facility_a5 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzWhQu3ujrMwNTNXN0ZqdVBCUWM/edit?usp=sharing) (Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/18j7aqox8e9szb9/AADbOvuokyIPCH9Pza3Ul7_da))

Changes are:

Fixing a music button where music cut out early
Adding a raised area near Red Spawn making use of space. It also balances a bit against Rocket Jumping as you now need to be more accurate/Skilled to Snake-jump through that area.

Config file remains unchanged.

Fearts
06-12-2014, 01:49
Is anyone else getting this flame thrower jetpack issue or just me?

Also hunting team doesn't seem to take damage when attacking.

Powerlord
06-12-2014, 01:50
Is anyone else getting this flame thrower jetpack issue or just me?

SM devs released new gamedata for IsAttackCritical hours ago...

Edit: Just logged into my server which had players on it and it's working... seeing as how I rebooted my server twice earlier just to 1. Download new gamedata. 2. Restart since gamedata takes effect on the next restart.

Fearts
06-12-2014, 02:14
Hm, OK it seems a restart fixed it. I thought it had restarted because the gamedata had auto updated.

Dr. Greg House
06-12-2014, 21:48
You can activate auto restart on gamedata updates in core.cfg.

Powerlord
06-12-2014, 21:50
You can activate auto restart on gamedata updates in core.cfg.

In my experience that tends to lock up some servers when it tries to shut down for whatever reason.

Newbie1992
06-14-2014, 07:10
Hi,

First sorry for my poor english, thanks for that awesome rewrite Powerlord works fine for me without any problem.

I got some questions about it, is there a chance to add some new features like:

ph_refresh_health_hunter "45" - Wait Time a Hunter need to wait before he can refill health by touching a controlpoint.
ph_refresh_health_prop "15" - Wait Time a Prop need to wait before he can refill health by touching a controlpoint.

A Function to add more than one Sound for PropDeath, PropFound and OneAndOnly.
A Function for the last alive prop to get a full weapon set: scattergun, pistol and bat. Or only a bat or pistol. (cvar) ???
Also would a Team cvar awesome because i think its not really fair when there are 8vs8 or so.
Like: 2vs6, 4vs8, 6vs12 ...

Thanks!

Powerlord
06-18-2014, 21:31
To Newbie1992, I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't drafted a proper response to this yet.

To Everyone: The Love & War update is supposed to hit in a few minutes.

Here are the planned dispositions of the new weapons:

Back Scatter: Replaced with Scattergun (OP in PropHunt)
Tide Turner: Allow like the other shields, will need testing to say if it's too OP.
Base Jumper: Allow
The Classic: Ban
The Air Strike: Ban Allow.
Self-Aware Beauty Mark: Allow
Snack Attack: N/A (allow)
Bread Bite: Allow
Mutated Milk: Allow

Powerlord
06-18-2014, 22:02
New configuration file.

The file should be unzipped into addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/

Changed weapons:

1. Back Scatter is replaced with the stock Scattergun as it's insanely cheesy for Last Prop.
2. The Classic is banned as are all Sniper Rifles.

I will need input from communities about the Tide Turner, which may be too overpowered in this mode.

Fearts
06-18-2014, 23:36
For some reason the doors do not open on some maps. As well on some maps the Pyros remain frozen.

Dr. Greg House
06-18-2014, 23:41
Powerlord, you should probably tell people that PH won't work because entity outputs are disabled as of the recent update...
At least on Linux.

Powerlord
06-18-2014, 23:52
For some reason the doors do not open on some maps. As well on some maps the Pyros remain frozen.

SDKTools isn't working again.

Powerlord, you should probably tell people that PH won't work because entity outputs are disabled as of the recent update...
At least on Linux.

Done (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PropHunt#announcements/detail/1621608844811932300).

Unfortunately, I've been up for 30 hours or so straight now, so I really need sleep.

Mike_BoG
06-19-2014, 08:09
I've updated to the latest stable SM-snapshot. PropHunt seems to be crashing the server upon mapchange (tested with changelevel & changelevel_next). Running PropHunt Redux 3.2.1.

Powerlord
06-19-2014, 08:28
I've updated to the latest stable SM-snapshot. PropHunt seems to be crashing the server upon mapchange (tested with changelevel & changelevel_next). Running PropHunt Redux 3.2.1.

I got up not that long ago and haven't even gotten the chance to get my test server updated let alone operational to test it. Well, enough to test it to tell some plugin is crashing it on startup when using 1.5.4-git4087 but not track down which one.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to look at it while at work today either.

In fact, I need to be leaving for work like right now.

Mike_BoG
06-19-2014, 08:32
I got up not that long ago and haven't even gotten the chance to get my test server updated let alone operational to test it. Well, enough to test it to tell some plugin is crashing it on startup when using 1.5.4-git4087 but not track down which one.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to look at it while at work today either.

In fact, I need to be leaving for work like right now.

I tested by unloading every plugin except stock SM ones, PropHunt and the plugins that it requires. Still crashed.

Powerlord
06-19-2014, 09:49
I tested by unloading every plugin except stock SM ones, PropHunt and the plugins that it requires. Still crashed.

I have found out that the DHooks extension will crash Team Fortress 2 on server startup. I'm investigating this now. Although it sounds like that is unrelated to what you're seeing on your server.

Edit: Are you using a Windows or Linux server? I can only do so much testing without actually being at the game, but just having PH running and changing maps isn't triggering it on Linux.

Mike_BoG
06-19-2014, 10:07
I have found out that the DHooks extension will crash Team Fortress 2 on server startup. I'm investigating this now. Although it sounds like that is unrelated to what you're seeing on your server.

Edit: Are you using a Windows or Linux server? I can only do so much testing without actually being at the game, but just having PH running and changing maps isn't triggering it on Linux.

I'm on Linux. DHooks isn't crashing for me (1.0.14-alpha) on 1.5.4-dev+4059.

Powerlord
06-19-2014, 10:27
I'm on Linux. DHooks isn't crashing for me (1.0.14-alpha) on 1.5.4-dev+4059.

I'm also on Linux.

I'm not sure why, but DHooks crashed on me... until I tried replacing it with a debug compile at which point it starts cooperating. Apparently my copy just got corrupted but I'm not sure how. Oh well, its replacement (both normal and debug) work fine.

As for the map issues, I guess this is going to have to wait until I'm actually at home to see it in person as it's not happening when I try changing maps without any players present.

One bright side: I eliminated a lot of old plugins from my test server. I really should have cleaned house on it a long time ago... there were still plugins here from my last gaming group that I'm not really a part of any more.

Edit:

Off topic rant starts here:

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone from my old community even noticed their server is now completely down even though its paid through . Turns out its not a good idea to insult the only person who was keeping your server running.

Dr. Greg House
06-19-2014, 16:04
[...]Off topic rant starts here:

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone from my old community even noticed their server is now completely down even though its paid through . Turns out its not a good idea to insult the only person who was keeping your server running.

Rant continues:
If you were referring to yourself, I wouldn't take your word for it since you're the one running around with a disclaimer that practically tries to justify bad behavior.

Powerlord
06-19-2014, 16:28

While I still haven't been home yet, there are about a dozen or so people on my Linux PH server right now and it seems to be staying up. One person has been on for at least an hour with map time set to 20 minutes.

I did notice I forgot to symlink the new copy of DHooks when I moved it after testing earlier (derp... I moved it from PropHunt config to central config, but I need to symlink it to all the configs from central) so my server has been running without DHooks.

MM:S 1.10.0
SM 1.5.4-git-4087

Current Exts list
[SM] Displaying 14 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] TF2Items (1.6.0): TF2 Item Modifier
[04] TF2 Tools (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): TF2 extended functionality
[05] BinTools (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[06] SDK Hooks (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Source SDK Hooks
[07] SDK Tools (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Source SDK Tools
[08] Top Menus (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Creates sorted nested menus
[09] SteamTools (0.9.0+d5d0838): SteamWorks for SourceMod.
[10] <FAILED> file "dhooks.ext.so": /home/tf2/tf2/tf/addons/sourcemod-prophunt/extensions/dhooks.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[11] <FAILED> file "readgamesounds.ext.so": /home/tf2/tf2/tf/addons/sourcemod-prophunt/extensions/readgamesounds.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[12] Regex (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Provides regex natives for plugins
[13] Client Preferences (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): Saves client preference settings
[14] SQLite (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff): SQLite Driver

Current Plugins list
[SM] Listing 47 plugins:
01 "Team talk" (1.0) by Ratty
02 "Spy Fake Domination Quotes" (1.0) by Powerlord
03 "Sound Commands" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "NativeVotes Fun Votes" (1.5.3) by Powerlord and AlliedModders LLC
05 "Player Commands" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "PropHunt Redux" (3.2.1) by Darkimmortal, Geit, and Powerlord
07 "Assister Domination Quotes" (1.3) by Powerlord
08 "Basic Commands" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Client Preferences" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "[TF2Items] Manager" (1.4.1) by Damizean & Asherkin
11 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Admin Help" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "NativeVotes Basic Commands" (1.0) by Powerlord and AlliedModders LLC
14 "Nextmap" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "NativeVotes VoteManager Test" (1.1.0) by Powerlord
16 "Basic Comm Control" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Fun Commands" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "Anti-Flood" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
19 "Horsemann Health Bar" (1.4) by Powerlord
20 "NativeVotes" (1.0.0 beta 8) by Powerlord
21 "NativeVotes Vote Tester" (1.0) by Powerlord
22 "[UMC] Post-Played Exclusion" (3.4.6-dev) by Sazpaimon and Steell
23 "[UMC] Map Commands" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
24 "[UMC] Echo Nextmap" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
25 "[UMC] Admin Menu" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
26 "[UMC] Random Cycle" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
27 "[UMC] Vote Command" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
28 "[UMC] End of Map Vote" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
29 "[UMC] Player Count Monitor" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
30 "[UMC] Rock The Vote" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
31 "[UMC] Player Limits" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
32 "[UMC] Map Weight" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
33 "[UMC] Extend and Don't Change Positioning" (3.4.7-dev) by Steell
34 "[UMC] End of Map Vote Warnings" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
35 "[UMC] Time Limits" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
36 "[UMC] Nominations" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
37 "[UMC] Ultimate Mapchooser Core" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
38 "[UMC] Native Voting" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
39 "[UMC] Prefix Exclusion" (3.4.6-dev) by Steell
40 "Reserved Slots" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
41 "NativeVotes Basic Votes" (1.5.3) by Powerlord and AlliedModders LLC
42 "Admin Menu" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
43 "Admin File Reader" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
44 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
45 "Basic Chat" (1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff) by AlliedModders LLC
46 "AllChat" (1.1.1) by Frenzzy
47 "Observer Point" (1.0.100) by <eVa>Dog

Rant continues:
If you were referring to yourself, I wouldn't take your word for it since you're the one running around with a disclaimer that practically tries to justify bad behavior.

If you really wanted to find it, you can go check it on the Internet. I'm certainly not going to help you, though, especially not when you've decided to call me a liar.

Oh, and you can assume "not going to help you" applies to things other than just finding that information, too.

Dr. Greg House
06-19-2014, 17:05
[...]If you really wanted to find it, you can go check it on the Internet. I'm certainly not going to help you, though, especially not when you've decided to call me a liar.

Oh, and you can assume "not going to help you" applies to things other than just finding that information, too.

I was opening things up towards a different perspective. One you might not see. But based on your reaction you've made evaluation quite easy.

Off topic rant ends.

KBL4D2
06-19-2014, 22:08
My BLU players were stuck in the Prophunt Maps when I was running the server. May I know if this is the bug caused after this last update, or in other words, is anyone getting a bug whereby the BLU players can't move?

Dr. Greg House
06-19-2014, 22:46
Update SM.

Powerlord
06-23-2014, 14:47
So, I'm planning on making ph_propmenu and ph_propreroll work with the 1 argument for all players again next version. I'm doing it by having PropHunt directly manipulate the SourceMod Overrides system via its API (GetCommandOverride, AddCommandOverride, UnsetCommandOverride).

I still need to test it, though.

MaloModo
06-28-2014, 13:08
I am getting the same thing with server crash on map change on latest version. If know one on and change map it is find. I will see what I can find out...but don't hold your breath xD

Powerlord
06-28-2014, 13:41
I am getting the same thing with server crash on map change on latest version. If know one on and change map it is find. I will see what I can find out...but don't hold your breath xD

You saw the part about it not working unless you install a recent SourceMod snapshot version including the gamedata from it?

Anyway, I've only seen one crash recently on Linux and that seemed to be related to either something UMC or NativeVotes was doing (it crashed right as a map vote should have completed).

MaloModo
06-29-2014, 11:44
You saw the part about it not working unless you install a recent SourceMod snapshot version including the gamedata from it?

Anyway, I've only seen one crash recently on Linux and that seemed to be related to either something UMC or NativeVotes was doing (it crashed right as a map vote should have completed).

Hmmm I installed 1.5.3 but I will try the latest snapshot and get back....

UPDATE: Yes, sourcemod-1.5.4-git4088-linux did the trick. Cheers Mate :D

Powerlord
06-29-2014, 12:30
Hmmm I installed 1.5.3 but I will try the latest snapshot and get back....

UPDATE: Yes, sourcemod-1.5.4-git4088-linux did the trick. Cheers Mate :D

Yeah, basically you need 4087 or newer for SDKTools to work, which it required for entity manipulation like PropHunt does.

Powerlord
07-01-2014, 14:02
OK, so it looks like we're almost at beta time again. I have a few more things to fix tonight and then I expect to push out the first 3.3.0 beta.

Here's the proposed changelog:

SourceMod 1.5.4-git4087 or newer is now mandatory. Recent 1.6.0 snapshots or 1.6.0 final when it's released will also work.
Preliminary support for multi-round maps.

Officially, PH supports either 2 or 3 round multi-round maps. 2-round maps will not switch teams until both rounds are played (over four rounds, both teams will hide on each map part once).
3 round maps will continue to switch teams every round.
Warning: Arena doesn't reset doors properly on multi-round maps if RED wins by time running out, so make sure you're manually closing doors on round-start (I recommend using a trigger and calling it from all team_control_point_round RoundStart inputs.)

tf_weapon_criticals is now forced off. This is only a cosmetic change as SM 1.5.3+ correctly work with weapon self-damage when random crits are off and we block crit damage anyway.
Add an option to block props from changing their prop while they are on fire, jarated, or bleeding. This is because these effects are not shown on players after a model change. This defaults to on.

Prop Menu will not close if it is used and blocked by this command. This means the user can immediately use it again when they stop burning/bleeding/dripping.
I'm sure some players will complain about this change just like they did about the removal of the new scattergun.

New map config file option: setup. Not required. This can be set to anything between 30 and 120. It will override the ph_setuplength cvar for the current map. Going lower than 30 or higher than 120 will make PropHunt use the ph_setuplength cvar instead. This is intended for larger maps that may need more hiding time, but remember that it's pretty boring just standing around waiting...
ph_propmenu 1 and ph_propreroll 1 now work properly again without having to use overrides for them. (This is done by manipulating the overrides system for the propmenu and propreroll commands directly.) I recommend using these values, because they show up in...
New command: ph_config. Player command to show a player the current server's PropHunt configuration. Shows up in the console for the server console, shows up as a menu when used by a user (any button exits).

if ph_propmenu is set to 0, players will be shown whether they have access to it or not.

prop_common.txt now has multilingual support. Any languages Sourcemod supports can be added to it with the appropriate language code. It will fall back to the server language if a user is using a language not present, then back to English if the server language isn't present.

For compatibility reasons, "name" and "en" are treated the same, but the new config file uses "en" exclusively for clarity.

New cvar: ph_propmenuusenames. This updates the Prop Menu with the names of the props instead of their model. Off for compatibility reasons by default.
Updated PropHunt DataPack

ph_crater no longer has a bad prop in its prop list.
ph_nightclub config file added.
ph_campsite config file added.
ph_harvest_event lost its health kit and ammo kit props in the list. This is because holidays change those models around. ph_spookyharvest not being checked yet is one of the reasons this release isn't out yet.
A lot of missing props have been added to prop_common.txt. A few maps haven't been checked yet, but they will be soon (Medieval, Train Set, Arena Harvest, Spooky Harvest, Cyberpunk, Tundra, ... also the prop offset for intelligence briefcases needs to be checked)

Mysterious Opt-in Multimod changes have shown up. Could it be that plugin is finally nearing release?

Powerlord
07-02-2014, 10:04
And here's 3.3.0 beta 1, the version I mentioned yesterday. This zip contains the entire PropHunt DataPack mentioned previously as well.

Changes since yesterday (prior to this release):

Prop Model Name will now display if a player changes to a prop that doesn't have an entry in prop_common.txt.
Slight tweaking to Intel Briefcase height, but it turned out my guess of 5 hammer units was correct anyway (6 made it float above things, 5 is slightly sunk into things and the height used by props on 007facility).
Added a few props from Medieval and Tundra that were missing. Cyberpunk got overlooked somehow (whoops). This will be checked before next release and its existing props reordered to be alphabetical like the others.

Powerlord
07-02-2014, 15:52
The last test version was accidentally compiled against an experimental version of readgamesounds.inc. Here's a new version that will eliminate this error:
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] Plugin encountered error 21: Native is not bound
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] Native "GetGameSoundParams" reported:
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] [0] Line 64, C:\Projects\SourceMod\notepad++\sourcepawn.co mpiler\include\readgamesounds.inc::EmitGameSo und()
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] [1] Line 198, C:\Projects\SourceMod\notepad++\sourcepawn.co mpiler\include\readgamesounds.inc::EmitGameSo undToAll()
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] [2] Line 2654, C:\Projects\SourceMod\plugins\prophunt\addons \sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::PH_EmitSoun dToAll()
L 07/02/2014 - 14:47:13: [SM] [3] Line 4534, C:\Projects\SourceMod\plugins\prophunt\addons \sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnSetupFini shed()

Otherwise, the source-code is identical to the version in the zip in the last post.

The ReadGameSounds dependency may go away in a future version (or be disabled by default) as it really isn't useful for this plugin.

Fearts
07-08-2014, 18:31
1. Seems to be a minor visual glitch with the flame thrower. If you press +attack and right after hold down +attack2 and then let go of +attack you will still be using your flame thrower. From my testing it doesn't damage props or allow you to jetpack, however other people can see it. This could be confusing to player who see people abusing this glitch.

2. I'm still getting reports of people being able to see spell books for some reason.

3. Got a report from my admin that the Reserve Shooter is banned for Pyro but not for Soldier. This weapon can do 65 damage at close range and is overpowered.

4. Since the last TF2 update the following maps have trouble with spawn doors staying open:

arena_desolation_rc1 - Both spawns
ph_maze_a4 - Can't get into BLU
ph_redstone_a2 - Can't get into BLU

(note this is not with you dev version posted above but with version: 3.2.1 official release)

Powerlord
07-08-2014, 19:30
1. Seems to be a minor visual glitch with the flame thrower. If you press +attack and right after hold down +attack2 and then let go of +attack you will still be using your flame thrower. From my testing it doesn't damage props or allow you to jetpack, however other people can see it. This could be confusing to player who see people abusing this glitch.
This happens in the normal game as well. You can even get pretty bubbles if you do it underwater then resurface. It may be easier to do in PH, though... not sure.

2. I'm still getting reports of people being able to see spell books for some reason.
I'm blocking them using two different methods at this point and I'm not getting any reports from anyone else that they can see them...

Are you sure you don't have a plugin that affects spellbooks?
3. Got a report from my admin that the Reserve Shooter is banned for Pyro but not for Soldier. This weapon can do 65 damage at close range and is overpowered.
That's because it is blocked for Pyro and not for Soldier. Or rather, Pyro gets replaced with the stock shotgun.

Part of the reason for this is that only the Pyro had their shotgun nerfed in the first place (which made the RS a straight upgrade).

4. Since the last TF2 update the following maps have trouble with spawn doors staying open:

arena_desolation_rc1 - Both spawns
ph_maze_a4 - Can't get into BLU
ph_redstone_a2 - Can't get into BLU

(note this is not with you dev version posted above but with version: 3.2.1 official release)

3.3 doesn't change door handling at all... I'll have to see what those maps are doing differently.

Powerlord
07-08-2014, 20:09
I just tried maze on my Linux server and it appears to be working normally... is your server a Windows server? I've heard today's update requires new Gamedata on Windows.

Fearts
07-08-2014, 20:31
This was all happening before the update today. And yes I'm using windows.

Powerlord
07-16-2014, 12:45
I've been making some additional changes to the beta versions of 3.3, including a Handle leak fix for two different KeyValues handles. I'm looking for other Handles that may be leaking as well... especially since 3.3 now uses 248 new Trie Handles and 1 Array handle for its multi-lingual support.

Note: We may clean this up in SourceMod 1.7 as it appears to be adding some new Object support.

Incidentally, if people want to submit translations for either PropHunt Redux's translation file or for individual props (there are 248 of them in prop_common.txt), feel free to do so.

This was all happening before the update today. And yes I'm using windows.

Coming back to this, which server provider are you using?

Apparently there was a new file added in the Love and War update and certain server providers (such as NFOServers) failed to initially copy it over. Which caused weird errors such as things that should be solid not being solid and other weird things (payload carts facing backwards, doors not working (?).)

Fearts
07-17-2014, 14:48
I use NFO but I'm unmanaged, so I don't think it could be that.

BBG_Theory
07-19-2014, 09:54
Powerlord, have we done anything with the new weapon "The Classic" (new sniper rifle)

Powerlord
07-19-2014, 09:58
Powerlord, have we done anything with the new weapon "The Classic" (new sniper rifle)

I released a new config file the day after the Love and War update and this is in it:

"1098"
{
"name" "The Classic"
"item_name" "#TF_ClassicSniperRifle"
"removed_hunters" "1"
}

The new Scout Scattergun is also in it, as well as all the Bread items (which have been configured the same as their non-bread versions).

"1103"
{
"name" "The Back Scatter"
"item_name" "#TF_Weapon_BackScatter_Desc"
"propername" "1"
"replace" "tf_weapon_scattergun:13:0:1"
}

However, with 3.3 being constantly delayed while I add new fixes, it hasn't been pushed to all servers.

It's also in the latest PropHunt DataPack in the first thread.

Edit: Or... it isn't in said datapack... Whoops, I should generate a new one; I thought I already had. I have to be careful with them right now as a 3.3 datapack will NOT work in 3.2 due to changes.

The data pack I just posted should include config files for ph_nightclub and ph_campsite as well.

ClassicGuzzi
07-29-2014, 16:43
Sorry to bother you powerlord, but I just updated my sourcemod (sourcemod-1.6.1-git4532-windows) and I'm having this error:

Filename: prophunt.smx
Load error: Native "__FLOAT_GT__" was not found
File info: (title "PropHunt Redux") (version "3.3.0 beta 2")

Powerlord
07-29-2014, 16:50
Sorry to bother you powerlord, but I just updated my sourcemod (sourcemod-1.6.1-git4532-windows) and I'm having this error:

Filename: prophunt.smx
Load error: Native "__FLOAT_GT__" was not found
File info: (title "PropHunt Redux") (version "3.3.0 beta 2")

That's weird, because from what I've heard that only happens if you try to use a plugin compiled on SM 1.6 on an older version of SM.

I have a new beta I've compiled, but since I just finished it today it's totally untested even by me...

Edit: I've been thinking about adding the ability for teams to scramble if one team wins so many rounds in a row since arena doesn't if tf_arena_use_queue is set to 0. The problem is that it would only work reliably if you're using DHooks, as scores aren't switched properly when teams are switched otherwise.

ClassicGuzzi
07-29-2014, 20:09
That's weird, because from what I've heard that only happens if you try to use a plugin compiled on SM 1.6 on an older version of SM.

Yes, you are right, it doesn't have to do with prophunt my problem, sorry!

Also good idea about the scramble, I hate to use a big plugin (like gscramble redux) for that.

Powerlord
08-05-2014, 16:38
For those of you who use DHooks with PropHunt Redux, I just finished fixing the crashing bugs DHooks had on server shutdown on SourceMod 1.6. You can download it here (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=136620&d=1407249512) (source code (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=136622&d=1407249658)).

Note: That's DHooks 2.0.0 and it requires SourceMod 1.6.0 or newer, so don't try it with SM 1.5.4.

Additionally, while I'm here, here's PropHunt Redux 3.3.0 beta 5, which introduces these new changes from beta 1:

Removed support for ReadGameSounds which is now deprecated. Instead, if you compile with GAMESOUNDS defined, it will use the improved SDKTools versions of the same functions. Note: Those functiosn require SourceMod 1.6.1, specifically the SDKTools from it. This will likely be enabled by default once SM 1.6.1 is officially released.
Fixed two Handle leaks.
New cvar: ph_multilingual. Defaults to 0. If set to 1, will support additional languages in prop_common.txt. This is used in the "You are now disguised as" prompt and the Prop Menu list.
This uses the same format as Translations (https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Translations_%28SourceMod_Scripting%29) do.
"name" is treated the same as "en" for backwards compatibility. prop_common.txt currently uses "name" so that the updated file will continue to work on PHRedux 3.0 and newer.
WARNING: This adds an additional Handle for each item in prop_common.txt (somewhere around 250), so don't enable if you have plugins that use a lot of Handles as the server has a hard maximum of 16535.

DHooks: Fix for TF2 sometimes unloading the GameRules object when only 0-1 players were left on the server. This has the effect of disabling the DHooks team switch logic, which would disable the DHooks team switch hook until the next map change. To fix this, we check at round start if it's hooked.
Fix for Prop Reroll Override sometimes not being reset when the value of ph_propreroll was changed from 1 back to 0 or -1.

I know it seems like a lot of beta versions for that few changes, but some of these were rather substantial fixes.

Source Code here (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/tree/6583f4dd0e1beefea2bc9360023f3ead954cd9cc)

Powerlord
08-08-2014, 10:45
OK, question time for the next version:

It introduces a new cvar that disallows prop changes when a player is on fire, jarated, or bleeding. Currently this is set to on by default (because it's a bugfix, changing props removes the flames/jarate/bleeding indicators). Should this be changed to default to off by default for compatibility reasons?

ClassicGuzzi
08-09-2014, 13:21
OK, question time for the next version:

It introduces a new cvar that disallows prop changes when a player is on fire, jarated, or bleeding. Currently this is set to on by default (because it's a bugfix, changing props removes the flames/jarate/bleeding indicators). Should this be changed to default to off by default for compatibility reasons?

I don't think so, default values should always be the ones that work better, if someones wants to use it in the old way, he/she has the option , but by default the plugin does whatever is the less-bugged option.

unlucky ducky
08-10-2014, 06:52
I don't think so, default values should always be the ones that work better, if someones wants to use it in the old way, he/she has the option , but by default the plugin does whatever is the less-bugged option.
I would have to agree. If there's a new feature with a significant advantage over the alternative then that should in all likelyhood be default. Since it can be toggled the people who dislike said feature can disable it themselves.

SmackDaddy
08-18-2014, 16:14
Just updated to the lastest dhooks and prophunt redux 3.3.0 beta 5 and my error log shows:

L 08/18/2014 - 15:10:51: SourceMod error session started
L 08/18/2014 - 15:10:51: Info (map "ph_lumberyard_a2") (file "errors_20140818.log")
L 08/18/2014 - 15:10:51: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop data for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl

Anything I can do to fix this?

Powerlord
08-18-2014, 16:45
Just updated to the lastest dhooks and prophunt redux 3.3.0 beta 5 and my error log shows:

Anything I can do to fix this?

This usually means that a prop appears in prop_common.txt twice. I should probably modify the error message to mention that.

Incidentally, this prop_common.txt (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/3.3/addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/prop_common.txt) should have all the duplicates removed and all the props from all maps in the base PropHunt Redux set with valid English names.

I should release a new PHDataPack with this in it now that I reverted the "en" fields to "name" for 3.0.x-3.2.x compatibility (it'd also include map config files for ph_campsite and ph_nightclub)

Edit: Attached a new PHDataPack. This also includes the new translation phrases used in PHR 3.3, but since no existing ones were removed, it should work just fine on older versions.

SmackDaddy
08-18-2014, 18:14
Ok, thank you for the quick reply -- I have updated to the latest PHDataPack...and no error in the logs, thanks again.

Powerlord
08-22-2014, 19:45
All map/file downloads have been moved to Github and use its Releases system which mirrors using Amazon S3. I've updated the links in the first and second posts to point to them. If you guys see any problems with the links, let me know.

3.3 will probably be released sometime this weekend. I want to do some touchups to sample maps first, but if that's taking too long I'll just release it without those VMF files.

Now, on to stuff for the next version...

PropHunt used to add the "PropHunt" tag using SourceMod's AddServerTags (Edit: technically it still does on line 618 of 3.3.0), but this function hasn't worked in some time.

Do you guys think we should add/remove this from sv_tags when PropHunt is loaded / unloaded? Keep in mind that Valve has limits on how long sv_tags can be (128 characters) and that TF2 auto-adds some tags of its own for the game mode and for registered servers. Chances are if this does come back, it'll be controlled by a new cvar.

On another note, part of the plan for 3.4 (or 3.3.1 if it ends up being really easy to implement) is to support the SteamWorks plugin in addition to the SteamTools plugin. SteamWorks has some additional functionality that SteamTools doesn't have and, unlike SteamTools, woks on games that aren't TF2.

ClassicGuzzi
08-22-2014, 22:07
I think that you should add the tag by default but use a CVar. (Though I've never searched for the tag 'prophunt' before, I used to search for ph_ maps.

Also, what new functionality would SteamWorks bring to the plugin? Just curiosity.

Powerlord
08-26-2014, 17:22
Also, what new functionality would SteamWorks bring to the plugin? Just curiosity.

SteamWorks exposes functions to detect whether people are using Steam Sharing accounts, among other things. Basically, it's an alternative to SteamTools that works on more games than SteamTools does and has some newer options.

That and I'm not sure Asherkin plans on updating SteamTools in the future.

Having said that, I'm just going to use SteamWorks for what you can already use SteamTools to do... change the game description.

robotortoise
08-29-2014, 20:56
Hmm. Interesting.

This disables GhostMode Redux (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1883875)when you're on Blu. Not sure if this is Ghostmode's fault or this plugin's.

Powerlord
08-29-2014, 21:13
Hmm. Interesting.

This disables GhostMode Redux (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1883875)when you're on Blu. Not sure if this is Ghostmode's fault or this plugin's.

Hmm... does anything happen when you die on BLU? More info would help me track down what's going on.

I haven't had a chance to look at GhostMode Redux in great depth (nor will I tonight). Part of the problem may be in that it respawns players and PropHunt has a lot of... special logic when players are spawned.

robotortoise
08-29-2014, 21:40
Hmm... does anything happen when you die on BLU? More info would help me track down what's going on.

I haven't had a chance to look at GhostMode Redux in great depth (nor will I tonight). Part of the problem may be in that it respawns players and PropHunt has a lot of... special logic when players are spawned.

Okay, I don't think it's Blu-specific. But it is specific to props.

After you die you kinda become a....ghost without the ghost model, I guess?

WildCard65
08-30-2014, 09:18
Powerlord, suggestion, balance the max hp for prop sizes

unlucky ducky
08-30-2014, 10:50
Seeing as you have the same hitbox regardless of how small or big you are as a prop I really don't think there's a need for such a thing.

Powerlord: I noticed an error in the prophunt data pack for ph_snowworks_a3:"models/props_foliage/tree_pine_extrasmall_snow.md" {} An 'l' is missing in the file extension of the model meaning that sometimes players get incorrectly set as the error model on this particular map.

robotortoise
08-30-2014, 14:58
If we're reporting on bug fixes now, the translations file for English, by default, has some small grammatical errors.

Here's the fixed version.

Also, I'll report on the prophunt bug on the Ghostmode Redux page too. :)

Powerlord
08-30-2014, 16:59

As unlucky ducky mentioned, TF2 doesn't adjust hitboxes when you change models. I mean, I could adjust mins and maxes to do it, but that would (again) change how TF2 PropHunt works. And that tends to get a lot of backlash from current TF2 communities.

If you want to see what I'm talking about when I say backlash, go check how Saxton Hell's community reacted to fixing props so they no longer stuck into floors and such. (Summary: "You ruined a lot of good hiding spots!")

Powerlord: I noticed an error in the prophunt data pack for ph_snowworks_a3: An 'l' is missing in the file extension of the model meaning that sometimes players get incorrectly set as the error model on this particular map.

Hmm, I thought I caught all the errors when I went through the prop list. I'll fix it shortly.

Edit: Uploaded new version to the first post.

If we're reporting on bug fixes now, the translations file for English, by default, has some small grammatical errors.

Here's the fixed version.

Haven't looked through this yet. I'll get around to it eventually... I won't just replace the English translations file without looking through what was changed in case someone was trying to trick/troll me. Which makes sense if you think about it.

robotortoise
08-30-2014, 17:24
I won't just replace the English translations file without looking through what was changed in case someone was trying to trick/troll me. Which makes sense if you think about it.

Yeah, okay. I changed like...threeish lines. Here, you can just do it yourself then.

"{default}Control point bonus! {lightgreen}Health filled." changed to "{default}Control point bonus! {lightgreen}Health refilled!"

"That Class is blocked!" changed to "That class is blocked!"

""That Class is full!"" changed to "That class is full!"

and the most important of all, which I can't believe you haven't noticed:

"Please wait while RED hide." changed to "Please wait while RED hides."

unlucky ducky
08-31-2014, 02:09
"Please wait while RED hide." changed to "Please wait while RED hides."
English may not be my native language, but I do believe that both of these sentences work.

robotortoise
08-31-2014, 03:00
English may not be my native language, but I do believe that both of these sentences work.

Eh.... if RED is a proper noun, then it doesn't work.
You could have "Please wait while REDs hide." and that'd be proper, though.

Powerlord
08-31-2014, 12:21
Eh.... if RED is a proper noun, then it doesn't work.
You could have "Please wait while REDs hide." and that'd be proper, though.

Remember that this plugin was created by people from the UK and in UK English, company names are plural nouns (as opposed to US English where they're singular nouns).

UK English: Microsoft are a large company.
US English: Microsoft is a large company.

robotortoise
08-31-2014, 13:34
Remember that this plugin was created by people from the UK and in UK English, company names are plural nouns (as opposed to US English where they're singular nouns).

Oh. That's interesting.
Is there a way to phrase it that is correct in the UK and US?

unlucky ducky
09-01-2014, 10:50

That might explain why I thought both sounded right. I've never really kept a great distinction between US & UK English and as of such I've most likely adapted some unholy mess of a speaking habit.

Thanks a whole lot for the explanation :)

Fearts
09-05-2014, 18:29
"prophunt_redux_version" = "3.2.1s"
notify singleplayer replicated
- PropHunt Redux Version
Using the above PH version I have had someone report to me a exploit that allows props to get weapons. Basically if the entire hunting team kills themselves before the round starts and get respawned, on the next round when they become props they all gets guns.

Video: http://youtu.be/bjqHLMRVqUs

I blocked this by using this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=163257

In the video I made it so there was a 30 second wait time before it killed you which was too little. I now use a 65 second wait time to fix this issue. Would be nice if it was patched though.

Powerlord
09-07-2014, 12:57
- PropHunt Redux Version
Using the above PH version I have had someone report to me a exploit that allows props to get weapons. Basically if the entire hunting team kills themselves before the round starts and get respawned, on the next round when they become props they all gets guns.

I blocked this by using this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=163257

In the video I made it so there was a 30 second wait time before it killed you which was too little. I now use a 65 second wait time to fix this issue. Would be nice if it was patched though.

Hmm... I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but I'm assuming the game is having issues with the Last Prop code as RED weapons are always blocked otherwise.

I'm a bit busy today so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it today.

Edit: Last Prop is disabled on map start, round end, and round start. Looking for other causes...

Edit 2: It may be caused by the fix for the RED team viewmodels... looks like TF2 may have some timing issues with respawning.

Edit 3: This will likely be fixed in PH 3.3 by not running any of the normal death actions until the round actually starts.

On another subject, I did run into the "visible spellbook" issue on another server last night, but I forgot to check what plugins they were running to see if that had any that affected wearables.

Jonathan78
09-07-2014, 22:01
What is the command or plugin that makes props explode and kill near by pyros?

If this had been previously asked just quote it

Powerlord
09-09-2014, 14:25
Anyway, here's 3.3.0 beta 6 with the previously mentioned fix. Do be aware that if you compile it against stats2.inc that it does remove any stats reporting of suicides during the pre-round (although I doubt the main stats tracker tracks that).

What is the command or plugin that makes props explode and kill near by pyros?

If this had been previously asked just quote it

This plugin doesn't have that as a built-in command.

Powerlord
09-10-2014, 21:37
For those of you who use PropHunt Redux with DHooks, the offsets for SetWinningTeam changed. I've attached a new gamedata file.

Jonathan78
09-11-2014, 21:12
For those of you who use PropHunt Redux with DHooks, the offsets for SetWinningTeam changed. I've attached a new gamedata file.

Sorry to bother but would you know how I could get that plugin for exploding suicide props

KirbyBoy
09-13-2014, 00:42
Hello, I've just tried installing Prophunt via the guide you provided, but I've ran into a issue. A lot of prop models seem to be giving me errors, and whenever we go into a prophunt map, 10 seconds later the entire server crashes.

Here is a pastebin of the console log http://pastebin.com/LaJmCmFQ

I am able to notice other 2 errors, the first one being:
L 09/12/2014 - 23:24:09: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop data for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl
L 09/12/2014 - 23:24:09: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop names for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl

And then the second one being

'ph_devils_canyon_a1.cfg' not present; not executing.
'config_arena.cfg' not present; not executing.

Which I don't understand on the second one as I just checked, those config are in addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps

Thank you your help.

Powerlord
09-13-2014, 00:49
Hello, I've just tried installing Prophunt via the guide you provided, but I've ran into a issue. A lot of prop models seem to be giving me errors, and whenever we go into a prophunt map, 10 seconds later the entire server crashes.

Here is a pastebin of the console log http://pastebin.com/LaJmCmFQ

I am able to notice other 2 errors, the first one being:
L 09/12/2014 - 23:24:09: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop data for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl
L 09/12/2014 - 23:24:09: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop names for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl

And then the second one being

'ph_devils_canyon_a1.cfg' not present; not executing.
'config_arena.cfg' not present; not executing.

Which I don't understand on the second one as I just checked, those config are in addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps

Thank you your help.

I probably forgot to update the game guide with the link to the latest prophunt data pack (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/v3.2.1/PHDataPack-2014-08-30.zip)... I created said pack while at work and Steam is blocked there, so I couldn't update the guide. That should fix the first two errors and another error on a specific map.

The latter two errors are messages from the server itself and aren't related to PropHunt... those are safe to ignore. It always looks for cfg/mapname.cfg and cfg/config_arena.cfg for Arena mode maps.

One more error you might be having is if you're using DHooks... I updated the gamedata for that yesterday and haven't updated the PropHunt Data Pack with it yet. You can find it here (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=137807&d=1410399450) and it goes in addons/sourcemod/gamedata/... this might be causing the crash issue you're seeing, I'm not sure.

Other than that, TF2 itself broke MetaMod and SourceMod, but I'm assuming you already saw the thread on that.

KirbyBoy
09-13-2014, 11:33
I probably forgot to update the game guide with the link to the latest prophunt data pack (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/v3.2.1/PHDataPack-2014-08-30.zip)... I created said pack while at work and Steam is blocked there, so I couldn't update the guide. That should fix the first two errors and another error on a specific map.

The latter two errors are messages from the server itself and aren't related to PropHunt... those are safe to ignore. It always looks for cfg/mapname.cfg and cfg/config_arena.cfg for Arena mode maps.

One more error you might be having is if you're using DHooks... I updated the gamedata for that yesterday and haven't updated the PropHunt Data Pack with it yet. You can find it here (https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=137807&d=1410399450) and it goes in addons/sourcemod/gamedata/... this might be causing the crash issue you're seeing, I'm not sure.

Other than that, TF2 itself broke MetaMod and SourceMod, but I'm assuming you already saw the thread on that.

Yeah, I did. People were telling me on my server Skype group that SM was broken, found that one of my other admins already got a support ticket in about it as well. Got it updated.

Also yeah, that was the problem. Did a clean slate of everything prophunt related just in case though, and now it is working just fine.

Thanks, and also thank your for still deving prophunt and making it greater and greater.

BBG_Theory
09-19-2014, 06:28
I will quote a post from my forums

The Redux server is currently having issues with team switching and weapon distribution. It is basically hide OR seek right now, with red team randomly spawning with weapons.

using beta6

Powerlord
09-19-2014, 08:12
I will quote a post from my forums

using beta6

Is this with or without the DHooks extension being loaded?

Also, did this only start in beta6?

BBG_Theory
09-19-2014, 19:37
I have dhooks.ext.2.ep2v.so in the /extensions folder. No idea if it is loaded or not. Should I remove it?

got it from here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2179295&postcount=218

no idea what it does.. how can I confirm it is loaded?

not sure when it started, I have asked the folks that reported this.

cleared out the /log file and restarted the server and the only log error was:

L 09/19/2014 - 20:23:18: SourceMod error session started
L 09/19/2014 - 20:23:18: Info (map "ph_northural_a2") (file "errors_20140919.log")
L 09/19/2014 - 20:23:18: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop data for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdledited... I believe I am hearing it started happening on a more recent update

here is the thread http://www.bigbanggamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3660
*if a this link is against forum rule, let me know or feel free to remove, just thought Powerlord would benefit from info from the source

SA1656tw
09-20-2014, 17:05
Just wondering, Is there ANY way to use the propmenu alone for a server without the "Prop game" going on? So the users there could just load the models instead of having to play the game?

robotortoise
09-21-2014, 01:47
Just wondering, Is there ANY way to use the propmenu alone for a server without the "Prop game" going on? So the users there could just load the models instead of having to play the game?

Depends on what you want it for. If you just want players to be able to become a prop at will, you can just use model manager (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=164630) and add the models from prophunt.

lionheart1066
09-28-2014, 11:42
- PropHunt Redux Version

Appears this is happening in the latest version of prop hunt as well, is there going to be any fix to this? Had a few scouts go and kill all of the blue team with FaN's. Also appears that the arena queue system isn't working with this gamemode, when I need the team scramble functionality without having to use a plugin.

Powerlord
09-28-2014, 12:23
Appears this is happening in the latest version of prop hunt as well, is there going to be any fix to this? Had a few scouts go and kill all of the blue team with FaN's. Also appears that the arena queue system isn't working with this gamemode, when I need the team scramble functionality without having to use a plugin.

I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. beta 6 has a proposed fix for it (not processing any death-related stuff during the initial arena mode prior to Setup beginning), but another server owner running it said that they're seeing other issues and I'm not sure if THOSE are being caused by this change or not.

But yes, the queue system is automatically disabled during PropHunt, which has the side effect of disabling the arena scramble system as well. One of the plans for PropHunt Redux 3.4.x is to add an optional scramble back in.

lionheart1066
09-28-2014, 13:13
I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. beta 6 has a proposed fix for it (not processing any death-related stuff during the initial arena mode prior to Setup beginning), but another server owner running it said that they're seeing other issues and I'm not sure if THOSE are being caused by this change or not.

But yes, the queue system is automatically disabled during PropHunt, which has the side effect of disabling the arena scramble system as well. One of the plans for PropHunt Redux 3.4.x is to add an optional scramble back in.

Yes i'm running beta 6 and we still get scouts with guns, mainly from those that are the last ones alive during the previous round. Besides that just the balance issues and the missing custom player models on the client side of things. But beyond that everythings running smoothly.

Powerlord
10-01-2014, 14:13
Yes i'm running beta 6 and we still get scouts with guns, mainly from those that are the last ones alive during the previous round. Besides that just the balance issues and the missing custom player models on the client side of things. But beyond that everythings running smoothly.

Here, try 3.3 beta 7. This basically removes the ViewModel fix that was added back in 3.2.0 as it's the only other* circumstance that props would be getting weapons without them being stripped. I'll have to figure out a new viewmodel fix later.

* besides Last Prop mode, which is forcefully reset on map start, round start, and round end** just to avoid issues like this one.
** shouldn't be necessary, but I wasn't sure if round start fired before or after players spawned and servers were reportedly having issues with it.

lionheart1066
10-03-2014, 16:17
Well we had a prop spawn with a gun with this version, after several rounds of playing. Although I didn't see it myself, the player simply said they had a gun and was going to go sacrife to the hunters since I was present at the time. So I haven't been able to see it myself as of yet.

EDIT: Yep, just saw a scout with a FaN.

Powerlord
10-08-2014, 10:50
Well we had a prop spawn with a gun with this version, after several rounds of playing. Although I didn't see it myself, the player simply said they had a gun and was going to go sacrife to the hunters since I was present at the time. So I haven't been able to see it myself as of yet.

EDIT: Yep, just saw a scout with a FaN.

Hey, something someone said in the Freak Fortress 2 thread make me want to ask this:

Are you seeing any errors from the TF2Items extension in your SourceMod logs? Or any errors from PropHunt... or even PropHunt sending messages to chat with the message "Punished playernamehere for possession of a weapon on RED." ?

robotortoise
10-08-2014, 16:03
Is it just me, or is this plugin not working anymore?

It could have something to do with the snapshot of SM, though....

lionheart1066
10-08-2014, 17:02
Hey, something someone said in the Freak Fortress 2 thread make me want to ask this:

Are you seeing any errors from the TF2Items extension in your SourceMod logs? Or any errors from PropHunt... or even PropHunt sending messages to chat with the message "Punished playernamehere for possession of a weapon on RED." ?

Yeah they got punished and had their weapons removed, once the pyros where free'd.
The main issue is that some of the maps suffer from no spawn protection so pyros can pretty much get killed by FaN scouts.

And I don't see any errors in the logs except for this.
L 10/08/2014 - 21:56:24: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop data for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl

Powerlord
10-09-2014, 21:30
Yeah they got punished and had their weapons removed, once the pyros where free'd.
The main issue is that some of the maps suffer from no spawn protection so pyros can pretty much get killed by FaN scouts.

Wait... are the players also not freezing when the round starts or something? Or is the FaN allowing them to move by shooting? The reason we use the freeze movement type is that it's supposed to stop all movement sources.

The anti-cheat timer is off until the arena_round_start event fires, which happens right as setup time begins. All players are supposed to be frozen until that point.

In theory, there's a 7 second window at the start of Setup time before the anti-cheat timer fires. I can fix that by making it fire immediately... or even make it start when teamplay_round_start fires (as soon as players spawn), although I can't fire it immediately then as it'll cause issues with other things.

And I don't see any errors in the logs except for this.
L 10/08/2014 - 21:56:24: [prophunt.smx] Error saving prop data for models/props_forest/tree_pine_stump02.mdl

Grabbing the latest DataPack should have fixed that.

lionheart1066
10-10-2014, 01:36
Wait... are the players also not freezing when the round starts or something? Or is the FaN allowing them to move by shooting? The reason we use the freeze movement type is that it's supposed to stop all movement sources.

The anti-cheat timer is off until the arena_round_start event fires, which happens right as setup time begins. All players are supposed to be frozen until that point.

In theory, there's a 7 second window at the start of Setup time before the anti-cheat timer fires. I can fix that by making it fire immediately... or even make it start when teamplay_round_start fires (as soon as players spawn), although I can't fire it immediately then as it'll cause issues with other things.

Grabbing the latest DataPack should have fixed that.

No they are frozen and kept in place, it's just doing the props setup period, where the pyros are unable to move, one of these scouts with the gun will go and run into their spawn and start killing them from a distance.

Ah, I kinda skipped or didn't notice that zip file when I first installed the mod.

braak0327
10-13-2014, 02:44
never mind it was just a gamedata issue

if anyone have problem with crashing
hope you check here
https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt

Powerlord
10-13-2014, 09:34
never mind it was just a gamedata issue

if anyone have problem with crashing
hope you check here
https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt

That's my bad for not updating the PropHunt DataPack. I had intended to do so once 3.3.0 came out, but I've been trying to fix the issues being reported in the last few pages first.

ClassicGuzzi
10-13-2014, 16:03
Just a little suggestion Powerlord, would it be possible to check if the readgamesounds extension is loaded before activating the plugin? Because it crashes the server if it isn't present, without any logs.

Also I have two requests from my server:
1. A "let's wait for other players to load the map" round at the beginning, just like the ff2 plugin, would be awesome.
2. Would it be possible to give weapons to every scout alive if red team wins?

This aren't gameplay related things so there aren't that important anyways, just some requests.

Powerlord
10-13-2014, 17:07
Just a little suggestion Powerlord, would it be possible to check if the readgamesounds extension is loaded before activating the plugin? Because it crashes the server if it isn't present, without any logs.
ReadGameSounds has already been removed from the 3.3.0 betas. It's no longer necessary, as SourceMod 1.6.1 and newer can do what ReadGameSounds does using SDKTools.

Also I have two requests from my server:
1. A "let's wait for other players to load the map" round at the beginning, just like the ff2 plugin, would be awesome.
PropHunt maps tend to be smaller in size, so what we've done instead is raise the waiting for players time from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. Additionally, we've increased the pre-round time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds, although this is in part because you can't change classes after that.

2. Would it be possible to give weapons to every scout alive if red team wins?

Possible yes (well, probably... the game is sometimes weird about weapons when regenerating players), but as I'm already having issues with RED players have weapons when they shouldn't, I'm not sure I want to mess around with that at the moment.

dawsen
10-14-2014, 10:40
hmm i got a bug so the Teams don't swap every round.. hope i can get some help :)
i don't if it just a sittings or what it is :/

DarkShade9
10-14-2014, 14:23
hmm i got a bug so the Teams don't swap every round.. hope i can get some help :)

I am also seeing this issue, teams are not swapping every other round. Freshly installed today.

Powerlord
10-14-2014, 14:55

I am also seeing this issue, teams are not swapping every other round. Freshly installed today.

If you're using the DHooks extension, you'll also need this gamedata file (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/master/addons/sourcemod/gamedata/tf2-roundend.games.txt) (goes in the addons/sourcemod/gamedata/ directory) as I don't think I've updated the one in the DataPack yet.

Otherwise... no clue why teams aren't swapping. If this is a 3.3 beta version, it's possible that something's going wrong with the round detection code, although it should be defaulting to 1 round.

dawsen
10-14-2014, 16:25
yea now it Works :)

DarkShade9
10-14-2014, 21:25
Yep that was it, thanks

Powerlord
10-15-2014, 14:45
So, since "Props have weapons" is a recurring problem, I'm doing some major internal changes to how prop weaponry is blocked. And by "major" I mean "revert to how PropHunt 1.93 did it."

Note that the handling of RED hats and miscs (and (in theory) action items, taunts, canteens, and spellbooks), plus all weapon blocking/replacing weapons still works the same as the other PropHunt Redux versions and thus TF2Items is still mandatory.

Expect to see this version soon once I do some initial testing to make sure it works before opening it up for actual testing.

Oh right, some other changes will appear in 3.3.0 beta 9 as well:

The above weapon removal triggers whenever a RED player spawns and when Setup starts.
The above changes to weapon removal should also fix viewmodel issues... although SourceMod removes viewmodels when weapons are removed these days.
TF2Items still doesn't seem to block spellbooks and/or canteens. The secondary blocking method for canteens and spellbooks is changing. Hopefully this one will actually work.

If you're using a logging build, this one also logs when spellbooks/canteens are spawned, who has them, and which team they're on. If they're on the prop team, it will also log when it attempts to block them.

Fix a bug where the r_staticpropinfo anti-hack doesn't operate during Last Prop mode.
Fix off-by-one error in prop no-drown logic.
Change more timers to pass around userids instead of client indexes and modified the code as appropriate.
Powerlord will harass ask UEAK Crash about ph_trainsawlaser and ph_stonyridge, since neither of them appear to be finished yet despite ph_trainsawlaser being playable 2 or so months ago.
Powerlord will get off his lazy butt and test the PH skin support for having BLU versions of the props (such as chairs) on ph_headquarters.

Wait, those last two aren't changes to PropHunt...

robotortoise
10-15-2014, 16:29
So, since "Props have weapons" is a recurring problem, I'm doing some major internal changes to how prop weaponry is blocked. And by "major" I mean "revert to how PropHunt 1.93 did it."

Note that the handling of RED hats and miscs (and (in theory) action items, taunts, canteens, and spellbooks), plus all weapon blocking/replacing weapons still works the same as the other PropHunt Redux versions and thus TF2Items is still mandatory.

Expect to see this version soon once I do some initial testing to make sure it works before opening it up for actual testing.

Oh right, some other changes will appear in 3.3.0 beta 9 as well:

The above weapon removal triggers whenever a RED player spawns and when Setup starts.
The above changes to weapon removal should also fix viewmodel issues... although SourceMod removes viewmodels when weapons are removed these days.
TF2Items still doesn't seem to block spellbooks and/or canteens. The secondary blocking method for canteens and spellbooks is changing. Hopefully this one will actually work.

If you're using a logging build, this one also logs when spellbooks/canteens are spawned, who has them, and which team they're on. If they're on the prop team, it will also log when it attempts to block them.

Fix a bug where the r_staticpropinfo anti-hack doesn't operate during Last Prop mode.
Fix off-by-one error in prop no-drown logic.
Change more timers to pass around userids instead of client indexes and modified the code as appropriate.
Powerlord will harass ask UEAK Crash about ph_trainsawlaser and ph_stonyridge, since neither of them appear to be finished yet despite ph_trainsawlaser being playable 2 or so months ago.
Powerlord will get off his lazy butt and test the PH skin support for having BLU versions of the props (such as chairs) on ph_headquarters.

Wait, those last two aren't changes to PropHunt...

Man, I'm really liking the changes this Powerlord guy is doing! :)

Powerlord
10-15-2014, 17:35
...and Valve is going to do a TF2 update. Here's hoping they don't break SM. Again.

You know, I've noticed every time I try to test something in SourceMod Valve does TF2 updates. I should clearly do testing more often.

Powerlord
10-15-2014, 20:46
Good news, Beta 9 appears to be working correctly and stripping RED weapons. I've attached it to this post. Needs more testing, though, as I only did basic testing and don't know if this fixes the real issue people were reporting earlier.

Bad news, Valve completely one of my other two major plugins, NativeVotes. Now I need to figure out exactly what they did.
Edit: Figured it out. Apparently it's now 0 for all teams instead of 255 / -1

Edit 2: The first page now has the current DataPack, as does the GitHub release page for 3.2.1, but I can't update the Steam Guide from work.

Powerlord
10-16-2014, 17:29
Oh geez, I just realized I never released a new weapon config file since the Alien: Isolation flamethrower got added. Here's a new weapon config that will make that flamethrower stop killing its users.

Side note: 3.3.0 beta 9, having switched to the old weapon blocking technique means that any passive effects a weapon had will now be applied. This includes the Sandman's -15 health, among other things. Unless SourceMod's more recent item removal changes now cancel those effects.

I'll experiment with this and I may add replace the weapons Scouts have with passive effects to deal with that, since those will still be handled before the weapon removal code.

Fearts
11-11-2014, 13:25
Using the newest update here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2211566&postcount=355

This new update seems to fix the spell book issues, at least that's the reports I'm getting from my players. Also the props getting guns exploit I believe hasn't shown up since I switched to this version.

There is one issue though I got reported to me. If a prop becomes the last prop and gets a weapon, if they switch props they will lose their weapon. This wasn't a issue in previous versions but it seems to have happened after switching to Beta 9. If you could fix this would be much appreciated, thanks. And thanks for all the work you did on this plugin so far.

Nysho
11-12-2014, 04:20
Hi @powerlord , i have this issue of the RED is always transformed into spytech console #1. Everything else is working fine just that.I am not able to randomize the props and it's always Spytech console #1
Is it possible for you to help me regarding this?
Thanks.

I noticed that in the http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266709157
It does not have (Upload the PHMapEssentials addons/ folder to your server's addons/ directory)
This addons/ folder is not found in PHMapEssentials.7z that you provided.

Is this the cause of the issue?

Powerlord
11-12-2014, 09:34
Using the newest update here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2211566&postcount=355

This new update seems to fix the spell book issues, at least that's the reports I'm getting from my players. Also the props getting guns exploit I believe hasn't shown up since I switched to this version.

There is one issue though I got reported to me. If a prop becomes the last prop and gets a weapon, if they switch props they will lose their weapon. This wasn't a issue in previous versions but it seems to have happened after switching to Beta 9. If you could fix this would be much appreciated, thanks. And thanks for all the work you did on this plugin so far.

I'd have to look through the code to see why it does this.

Having said that, I was already planning on moving back to the old logic and just forcing the Anticheat timer to fire once 0.1 seconds into a round. This will hopefully fix the issue you're seeing as well as things like the Sandman's -15 health applying when props don't have weapons. It shouldn't affect the spellbook thing as that was a different fix (turns out tellling SDKHooks not to spawn something doesn't work, so now it just tells the spellbook to kill itself after spawn).

Hi @powerlord , i have this issue of the RED is always transformed into spytech console #1. Everything else is working fine just that.I am not able to randomize the props and it's always Spytech console #1
Is it possible for you to help me regarding this?
Thanks.

I noticed that in the http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266709157
It does not have (Upload the PHMapEssentials addons/ folder to your server's addons/ directory)
This addons/ folder is not found in PHMapEssentials.7z that you provided.

Is this the cause of the issue?

(Side note: I'm at work right now and can't view Steam links, I'm just assuming that's the server setup guide I wrote.)

PHMapEssentials.7z shouldn't have an addons/ folders... it should only have maps/ and sound/ folders. If the instructions say otherwise, I need to fix them. The addons/ folder is in prophunt-redux-3.2.1.zip (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/v3.2.1/prophunt-redux-3.2.1.zip) (last updated October 25, I recommend this file for setting up a new server) or the current PHDataPack (PHDataPack-2014-10-16-2.zip (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/v3.2.1/PHDataPack-2014-10-16-2.zip) as of this writing).

Note that the contents of PHDataPack are in prophunt-redux-3.2.1.zip so you don't actually need both. The prophunt-redux zip is the same contents, but also has the plugin and its source code in addition to all the other files.

Nysho
11-12-2014, 10:47
How could I solve the issue regarding the prop always spy tech but not random?
I want it to be randomed every round.

Yes I think there is a error in the tutorial description about the add on

Powerlord
11-12-2014, 11:15
How could I solve the issue regarding the prop always spy tech but not random?
I want it to be randomed every round.

Yes I think there is a error in the tutorial description about the add on

Oh, wait, I just thought of something: What version of SourceMod are you using?

Valve changed the random number generator in the Halloween update which causes the SourceMod random code to return weird out of range numbers... i.e. if SourceMod asks for a number between 1 and 10, it'll return something like 114722953.

You need a recent SourceMod snapshot (http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php) in order to get it working properly again. I think anything newer than 1.6.3-git4588 should work, 1.6.3-git4598 being the newest. I'm not sure about the corresponding 1.7.0 versions, but newer ones of those should also work.

Powerlord
11-12-2014, 11:34

Here, try this version. It's beta 10, and it does this:

Spawning code no longer removes player weapons. This should fix changing props removing the last prop's weapons.
TF2Items now does weapon stripping on spawn for Props again. This is necessary due to the above.
The "Anti-hack" code runs 0.1 seconds after round start in addition to every 7 seconds. This code will, if it's not last prop mode, remove all weapons a prop has. This is to address the same corner case as beta 9's spawn code did... where weapons sometimes aren't removed at spawn for unknown reasons.

Note: This is going up on my test server, but I haven't personally tested it yet as I'm at work.

Fearts
11-12-2014, 18:31
Tested the new version above. I didn't restart the server but I did reload and change the map. It seems like the last prop alive never gets a gun now and the spell book is back again.

If you could test this to confirm these issue are not just n my side. I have reverted back to the previous version.

Nysho
11-12-2014, 19:36
I am currently using 1.7.0, so I guess 1.7.0 have issue with unable to change the prop into random prop and it's fixed to only 1 prop.(everyone same)

Powerlord
11-12-2014, 19:37
Tested the new version above. I didn't restart the server but I did reload and change the map. It seems like the last prop alive never gets a gun now and the spell book is back again.

If you could test this to confirm these issue are not just n my side. I have reverted back to the previous version.

Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

I am currently using 1.7.0, so I guess 1.7.0 have issue with it?

Well, unless you've installed a new SourceMod snapshot since October 29th, then yes 1.7.0 will have issues with it.

Nysho
11-12-2014, 19:48
Which would be optimized snapshot?

Powerlord
11-12-2014, 20:14

Shooting at a player as Last Prop with Scattergun (http://steamcommunity.com/id/powerlord/screenshot/539632368848189472)
Killed a player as Last Prop with Scattergun (http://steamcommunity.com/id/powerlord/screenshot/539632368848204739)

Seems to be working on my server. Incidentally, while I didn't do thirdperson, I didn't see the Spellbook (which I have equipped in all non-MvM loadouts) when in third-person.

Having said that, I don't see any viewmodel for the Scout player which is just weird. I could attempt to put the viewmodel fix back in, since its one of the things I pulled trying to get this working correctly. I just have to adjust the timers so the antihack timer is longer than the viewmodel timer.

Edit:
...and if I play Pyro first, the spellbook is back. *whacks TF2*

Edit 2: Spellbook doesn't have an owner set immediately on spawn, going to have to do a timer for it.

Which would be optimized snapshot?

I'm not up as to which 1.7.x snapshots are stable. 5001 is the latest snapshot, you could always try that.

Powerlord
11-12-2014, 22:06
Here's Beta 11.

New stuff in it:

Canteens and Spellbooks are blocked on all players (see below for longer explanation)
Extra wearables, such as MvM heads, should now be hidden for Prop weapons when they're the Last Prop.

I didn't add the viewmodel fix back as viewmodels appear to be working properly for me without it. Viewmodels are always invisible for scouts, except for when they don't have a weapon in which case it seems to be invisible if you weren't a pyro before or the Bat viewmodel if you were a pyro before.

So, regarding the whole spellbooks and canteens thing, I did some experimenting and discovered the following:

PropHunt Redux can and does use TF2Items to block them. You'll see this if you start on RED with a spellbook equipped.
PropHunt Redux doesn't use TF2Items to block them on BLU.
Unlike wearables, these two types of items are not despawned when a player dies/respawns. This makes sense if you think about it as players do not lose canteen charges or spells when they die.
These do not reset across team/class changes.

Starting with Beta 11, these are going to be blocked for both teams as its the only way to prevent them from spawning on props without manually stripping them after every team change.

Powerlord
11-19-2014, 23:40
So, rather than add scramble logic directly to PropHunt Redux, I made it its own plugin. However, I'll have to update PHR to make it useful if you're not using DHooks for team switching.

Powerlord
11-22-2014, 14:15
So, rather than add scramble logic directly to PropHunt Redux, I made it its own plugin. However, I'll have to update PHR to make it useful if you're not using DHooks for team switching.

Apparently PropHunt Redux w/ DHooks doesn't always swap team scores. I may have to add something to the game mode* to check if the scores were properly switched and manually switch them if they weren't. It may only be on the first round change... I'll have to do more testing to find out.

* to 3.4 as 3.3 is going to go out as soon as I'm sure I've quashed all the recently reported bugs

Powerlord
11-26-2014, 17:25
If there are no problems with PropHunt Redux 3.3 beta 11 reported in the next few days, I'm going to release it as a final version.

On another subject, eagle eyed people might have noticed there's now a 3.4 branch in my PropHunt repository...
I've already started development on 3.4 with a few more changes... including maybe dropping DHooks support as I may have misread the Source SDK 2013 before and can do what I want by calling into the GameRules object directly...

h4mm3r0g0d
12-03-2014, 17:08
Hey everyone this may sound like a stupid questions but I haven't set a server up in like 6 years so I'm a little rusty.
How do you get the prop hunt server started. I have the server set up and it is running but it is currently running only a regular game.
my target right now is -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 24 Which I know the map part will need to be fixed and add the proper ip stuff.
I know how to run it from the scrds.exe shortcut and make it consoled and everything but for some reason I'm drawing a blank. Can I get a little help?
Thanks,
FSF h4mm3r0g0d

Horsedick
12-03-2014, 19:21
you don't need the +map you can set the map in the autoexec.cfg file to start from.

You also don't need +maxplayers if you are using default at 24. All I have is

-autoupdate -console -game tf -port 27015 +ip 123.456.555.555 +exec server.cfg -nocrashdialog

BBG_Theory
12-03-2014, 19:23
@Powerlord

Hello sir, I thought I would copy an IM on of my admins that is dedicated to Prop hunt sent me regarding what sounds like a bug with beta11

Spellbooks are gone! Its great. We are however seeing an issue with red possessing weapons. Where before it would take the weapon away and "punish" the player by changing their prop shortly after Blu was released, it now seems to say it punishes the player, but does nothing. Even worse, it continuously tries to punish the weapon wielding player, each time changing their prop, but the weapon remains. We're basically getting a player who gets weapons and a changing prop the entire round. It was seen happen 3 times happen to 2 players in the span of 2 maps. I figured I would inform you as soon as possible because I saw in the forum Powerlord wanted to know if there were any issues with beta11. I'm of course going to keep an eye on it to see just how frequently it occurs and if there's any pattern or visible cause for it, but figured I should let you know what we're seeing as of now.

Powerlord
12-04-2014, 15:00
@Powerlord

Hello sir, I thought I would copy an IM on of my admins that is dedicated to Prop hunt sent me regarding what sounds like a bug with beta11

Looks like I may have accidentally left a line commented out when switching things back in beta 11.

Here, try this version, which uncomments line 4314 (which regenerates a prop player's loadout).

Note that this version... doesn't have beta in its name. That's because I was shifting things over to have beta 11 become the 3.3.0 final version. Except I'm lazy/busy* and hadn't packed it up yet. In a sense, I'm glad this bug was discovered before releasing it.

* Busy as in trying to add code to SourceMod's SDKTools and core to deal with CUtlVector DataTables. I've already gotten the offsets of the actual items, I just need to do some additional testing to find out if the offsets I'm (manually) calculating for their actual array entries are correct.

Powerlord
12-04-2014, 15:46
Hey everyone this may sound like a stupid questions but I haven't set a server up in like 6 years so I'm a little rusty.
How do you get the prop hunt server started. I have the server set up and it is running but it is currently running only a regular game.
my target right now is -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 24 Which I know the map part will need to be fixed and add the proper ip stuff.
I know how to run it from the scrds.exe shortcut and make it consoled and everything but for some reason I'm drawing a blank. Can I get a little help?
Thanks,
FSF h4mm3r0g0d

In addition to what Horsedick said, PropHunt itself only runs on certain maps. This was an intentional decision, despite certain people bugging me to make a version that works on all maps... which is a lot of work as a lot of TF2 props are unsuitable for prophunt (doors, doorframes, etc...).

My test server usually runs PropHunt* and defaults to starting on ph_lumberyard_a2, a smallish map that works well for testing things.

The PropHunt Redux Server Setup Guide (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266709157) has steps for setting up the actual game mode. It includes how to install requiered and optional dependencies. It also has the list of maps that work with PropHunt Redux "out of the box" (read: whose map configurations are shipped with PropHunt Redux).

The lazy way of setting up PropHunt Redux is to use the PropHunt Map Essentials pack.

There are other PropHunt maps that aren't included in the map list. This is primarily done if I can't find a public download of the map and its configuration.

Side note: "Upload the PHMapEssentials addons/ folder to your server's addons/ directory." needs to be removed from the setup guide as PHMapEssentials doesn't have an addons directory. addons is part of the base install package or the datapack. I keep forgetting to fix that when I'm not at work.

Now, having said all that, I plan on releasing PropHunt Redux 3.3.0 in the next few days. Provided no new bugs come in, the version attached to the previous post is 3.3.0 final, but it hasn't been packaged with the other files as a distribution yet. However, you can use it along with the current DataPack (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/v3.2.1/PHDataPack-2014-10-16-2.zip).

* Not this week, though... my server has been coopted for work mentioned in the previous post... which requires a lot of restarting the server to test stuff and the server is thus locked.

BBG_Theory
12-06-2014, 22:34
ok, I did search about "oimm-commands" before asking and did not find anything... have you already discussed this?

ClassicGuzzi
12-07-2014, 03:56
ok, I did search about "oimm-commands" before asking and did not find anything... have you already discussed this?

https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-optin-multimod

I was going to add this in my dodgeball and deathrun plugin and some point, but I've never seen any plugin that uses this (aside from powerlord's plugins).

Powerlord
12-07-2014, 03:57

https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-optin-multimod

I was going to add this in my dodgeball and deathrun plugin and some point, but I've never seen any plugin that uses this (aside from powerlord's plugins).

It's not actually finished yet.

Actually, I need to get off my arse and get to testing it.

Fearts
12-09-2014, 14:32
Big issue with Prophunt making it pretty much unplayable. Every time a prop gets killed all clients crash to desktop. I went on a few different servers just to make sure this wasn't just happening on my own. This is happening also with some bosses on FF2 since the last update. Not sure if this needs a SM patch or if Valve messed with something and they need to fix it on their end. The mod is dead however until this can be patched.

EDIT:

Also I have tested this on servers with out second TF2 update and with it. Both crash clients on Hunting Team only when a prop is killed.

Powerlord
12-09-2014, 16:50
Big issue with Prophunt making it pretty much unplayable. Every time a prop gets killed all clients crash to desktop. I went on a few different servers just to make sure this wasn't just happening on my own. This is happening also with some bosses on FF2 since the last update. Not sure if this needs a SM patch or if Valve messed with something and they need to fix it on their end. The mod is dead however until this can be patched.

EDIT:

Also I have tested this on servers with out second TF2 update and with it. Both crash clients on Hunting Team only when a prop is killed.

Makes me wonder if it's because PropHunt kills the ragdoll shortly after it spawns.

Incidentally, was this tested on Linux, Windows, or both?

Edit: Still at work for a bit longer, but it might be worth checking if tf_player_drop_bonus_ducks 0 fixes the problem.

Powerlord
12-09-2014, 21:12
Totally forgot I needed to look into this after work.

Having said that, today's server update didn't fix it. Nor did disabling bonus ducks.

I still have some other things to try, though.

BBG_Theory
12-09-2014, 22:11
using tf_player_drop_bonus_ducks 0 and what I have seen a couple of times now is when a prop got on fire, my TF2 crashes and closes, but the server seems to keep on running, and not everyone disconnected.... this is very weird

edited. this also happens with the original prophunt. The server keeps running but the client game crashes.

Linux and with latest snapshot of SM

BBG_Theory
12-10-2014, 19:48
still broken after todays update :( any thoughts or news?

Powerlord
12-10-2014, 20:13
still broken after todays update :( any thoughts or news?

I've been in contact with Eric Smith from Valve and sent him a .dmp of the client crash.

Most of the workarounds I tried haven't worked... might be a timing thing, I'm not sure.

BBG_Theory
12-10-2014, 20:45
wow, well thank you very much for all your hard work and detective activity. It feels like a Valve bug, but you are the expert on determining that. Thanks for all you do!

Dr. Greg House
12-10-2014, 21:08
No crashes with TNG.

BBG_Theory
12-10-2014, 23:12
I have just seen the same kind of client crash on a Freak Fortress also

Dr. Greg House
12-10-2014, 23:28
That sounds interesting, Ill look into it. Maybe Ive been lucky so far.

Sil
12-11-2014, 20:59
I've been in contact with Eric Smith from Valve and sent him a .dmp of the client crash.

Most of the workarounds I tried haven't worked... might be a timing thing, I'm not sure.

Is there an official forum thread to keep track of this issue?

BBG_Theory
12-12-2014, 09:02
I'm sure you will know from this thread when and if it is fixed.

Powerlord
12-12-2014, 17:19
Well, I started working on a workaround, but it has these problems:

The version I've written so far only works on SourceMod 1.7 because it uses the new OnTakeDamage_Alive functions in SDKHooks.
I haven't even tested that yet.
It may mess up stats... not sure if stats tracks damage.

The 1.6 version is a bit trickier. OnTakeDamage_Alive gives you the damage after mini-crit/crit/damage reduction is done, but OnTakeDamage is before mini-crit/crit. And yes, you need one of the OnTakeDamage things as its the only way to prevent a player from dying even temporarily.

Since this is PropHunt, damage reduction isn't really important (no vaccinator / banners on prop teams), but I do have to take all the possible sources of mini-crits into account. Like if a player is using a Detonator and the victim is on fire, if the victim is jarated, if the attacker is buff bannered, if the weapon is the neon annhilator and the victim is wet, etc...

(Alternately, I could try figuring the crits part, but that's trickier due to guaranteed crits from charging demos, guaranteed crits from manmelter, etc...)

Fearts
12-12-2014, 18:04
It seems like on Linux server this issue isn't happening. Maybe I'm wrong and the owners coded a fix or did something not sure. But I have seen two servers now that run Linux seemingly without any issues.

Powerlord
12-12-2014, 18:19
It seems like on Linux server this issue isn't happening. Maybe I'm wrong and the owners coded a fix or did something not sure. But I have seen two servers now that run Linux seemingly without any issues.

My test server is a Linux server and last I checked it was still crashing.

Powerlord
12-12-2014, 18:45
Valve just released an update and one of the patch notes is "Fixed a client crash related to ragdolls"

Let me know if you still see issues.

Fearts
12-12-2014, 19:27
Valve just released an update and one of the patch notes is "Fixed a client crash related to ragdolls"

Let me know if you still see issues.

I'm still getting crashes I think. Did you test this yourself yet?

BBG_Theory
12-12-2014, 19:54
yes still crashes

Powerlord
12-12-2014, 20:07
I'm still getting crashes I think. Did you test this yourself yet?

yes still crashes

I hadn't tested it at the time, but I have now and yes, it's still crashing. I've sent a new .dmp file to Eric Smith.

Incidentally, these dmp files appear in the Steam/dumps directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps by default on Windows), so it might not hurt for others to send them to Eric ([email protected]) just to get a wider set of dump files so they can see what similarities/differences there are.

BBG_Theory
12-12-2014, 20:37
I hadn't tested it at the time, but I have now and yes, it's still crashing. I've sent a new .dmp file to Eric Smith.

Incidentally, these dmp files appear in the Steam/dumps directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps by default on Windows), so it might not hurt for others to send them to Eric ([email protected]) just to get a wider set of dump files so they can see what similarities/differences there are.

Done

Chdata
12-12-2014, 23:50
Does my ragdollfix really not work for you? It seems to work for ff2 (using player_death)

Fearts
12-13-2014, 01:42
Does my ragdollfix really not work for you? It seems to work for ff2 (using player_death)

I tried your fix. It seems to work for like a few rounds but I still got a client crash. It could be that only some models are crashing, I'm not really sure.

Powerlord
12-13-2014, 01:56
Well, its been pointed out to me that there are some other netprops that I may want to look into. I haven't touched it in the last 12 hours or so, though.

Having said that, I may experiment with some things in a separate code branch.

On a side note, if people follow my Github, 3.3 was merged into master last week and the 3.3 branch will be removed shortly.

Edit:
Another side note, BBG_Theory: There's a ph_redquarters map? You've been holding out on me or something?

Granted, ph_headquarters was supposed to be the test map for seeing if skin support actually worked but I never got around to it.

BBG_Theory
12-13-2014, 07:37
Another side note, BBG_Theory: There's a ph_redquarters map? You've been holding out on me or something?

Granted, ph_headquarters was supposed to be the test map for seeing if skin support actually worked but I never got around to it.

Yes, ph_redquarters.bsp was done shortly after the original PH was released. If PH is able to be fixed, and if you wish, we can release that map.

edited:
PMed you the redquarters files. Hopefully PH will be "hide and seek" again and not "hide and crash"

Powerlord
12-13-2014, 21:34
Here's version 3.3.0f. (3.3.0fs if you compile a stats version).

I need more testers to test this version (either on your own server or on mine: tf2.rbemrose.com:27015 ).

What it does is it removes the prop model in a player_hurt pre-event. This seems to work on my server, but I'd rather it be more widely tested.

(Side note: player_hurt post-event was still crashing players on my server.)

One thing: AVOID USING THE /slay COMMAND ON PROPS. This may crash players as player_hurt isn't called for ForceSuicide.

Powerlord
12-14-2014, 00:03
So, I've been told even that new build is still crashing players out a lot, although less than before. I'll have to try the other implementation I was considering.

Powerlord
12-14-2014, 23:26
If you're running SourceMod 1.7, you can try this version. It uses SDKHooks_OnTakeDamageAlive to delay a prop's death for 0.1 seconds after the custom model is removed.

This will not work on SourceMod 1.6.x

I had to work around projectiles for this to work properly (it was removing the custom model but not killing them) which may cause the kill log to be slightly off, but mostly it should work.

Tauntkill kill icons may not be working though.

Unfortunately, I got sidetracked and don't have time to do a 1.6 version tonight (which requires doing crit/mini-crit calcs manually).

This does not fix using /slay on prop players. Doing so will crash out players still.

Hopefully Valve will figure out a fix in the next day or two.

Horsedick
12-15-2014, 00:12
I started running a PH server recently and using the previous 3.3.0f version you posted and seems to be ok? I had prob a half a server on for while earlier as it is semi new but didn't see no issues. SM 1.6.x and Windows.

Fearts
12-15-2014, 07:06
Tested out your new version using 1.7. For some reason props can never die now. Once they get to 2 hp they turn into a scout and go down to 1 hp. It is impossible to kill them at 1hp.

EDIT:

Btw I have been testing with bots, not sure if that matters.

Titanium GOD
12-15-2014, 07:34
I was playing for a while on test server and didnt crash at all... Looks good :3

Powerlord
12-15-2014, 09:05
Tested out your new version using 1.7. For some reason props can never die now. Once they get to 2 hp they turn into a scout and go down to 1 hp. It is impossible to kill them at 1hp.

EDIT:

Btw I have been testing with bots, not sure if that matters.

Hmm.... weird. Are there any errors in the console (particularly ones about the "inflictor")? It should be killing them 0.1 seconds after it turns them into Scouts.

Side note: I was testing this with bots when I wrote it, which is how I found out about projectiles causing them not to die properly and wrote a workaround for that... the posted version should already have that fix. If you need to manually compile it, it's the 3.3-1.7fix branch (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/tree/3.3-1.7fix) in my source code repo.

Edit: Oh, one last thing occurred to me: Are any other plugins monkeying around with player_death? The way this currently works is that if a RED player would die, it saves the information about the attack, sets the current attack to do 0 damage, clears the player model, then "replays" the attack 0.1 second later.

BBG_Theory
12-15-2014, 10:11
ok, on Linux server here is the status as I have witnessed.

w/ sm 1.6 and 3.3.0f still crashes if hunter is pyro and burns the prop to death, but if if the prop dies by say rocket damage for example, it does not crash (seems there is something unique about a prop's death by fire)

w/ sm 1.7 and 3.3.0f I did not see a crash with testing with one of my alts and myself.

I am running the sm1.7 at the moment and time will tell how it acts with a load on the server

Powerlord
12-15-2014, 11:00
ok, on Linux server here is the status as I have witnessed.

w/ sm 1.6 and 3.3.0f still crashes if hunter is pyro and burns the prop to death, but if if the prop dies by say rocket damage for example, it does not crash (seems there is something unique about a prop's death by fire)
Actually, when I was testing SM 1.6 with 3.3.0f, it was working OK on my test server regardless of which weapon I was using at the time (tested flamethrower, flaregun, powerjack). So, if anything it's probably a timing issue rather than the weapon.

w/ sm 1.7 and 3.3.0f I did not see a crash with testing with one of my alts and myself.

I am running the sm1.7 at the moment and time will tell how it acts with a load on the server

Anyway, the 1.7 version I recently posted is labeled 3.3.0g mainly to distinguish it from the 3.3.0f version (which is funny as "f" was supposed to stand for "fixed" rather than just a letter).

I'm hoping Valve will just fix the client and make all these changes moot to begin with... this is why I'm developing them in git feature branches instead of master or my current next version branch, "3.4".

BBG_Theory
12-15-2014, 11:14
thanks for your efforts!

unlucky ducky
12-15-2014, 13:18
Windows server:
SM 1.7 with 3.3.0g - Many players seemingly crashing when dead and spectating someone
SM 1.7 with 3.3.0f - Props often gets stuck on 1/2 HP with their prop model removed and just won't die until later at a seemingly random point (possibly when they're hit be a projectile?).

BBG_Theory
12-15-2014, 18:56
sadly, sm 1.7 version is crashing on Linux. ill quote what I have heard

I don't even think it was necessarily a prop dying that crashed players, I crashed right after hearing one get set on fire.

source is very good!

Powerlord
12-15-2014, 18:58
sadly, sm 1.7 version is crashing on Linux. ill quote what I have heard

source is very good!

Well, as soon as my client finishes updating (and item servers and stuff come back up), I'm going to test 3.3.0 (no letters) to see if the client still crashes.

BBG_Theory
12-15-2014, 19:04
there was just now an update that fixes ragdoll client crashes...is this the fix we needed???? hope / pray

Powerlord
12-15-2014, 19:05
Today's update seems to have fixed the client crash issues! \o/

We now return you to your regular prop hunting.

Oh, and expect 3.3.0 as soon as I get unlazy and prepare it for distribution.

Edit: I just realized I may have been testing the wrong version of PropHunt... checking again to make sure.

Edit 2: No, I tested the right version of PropHunt... two lefts actually made a right in this case as I started the wrong copy (SM 1.7) of the test server after uploading the file to the wrong directory (SM 1.7 plugins).

BBG_Theory
12-15-2014, 19:19
so go with sm1.6 and this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2231201&postcount=375 ?

Powerlord
12-15-2014, 19:19
so go with sm1.6 and this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2231201&postcount=375 ?

Yes.

BBG_Theory
12-16-2014, 21:13
hey Mr. Powerlord, a design thought if I may share. There are a couple of different damage indicator possibilities that the pyro sees I believe. You are using a circular damage indicator (don't know official descriptor). Would it be a difficult (timely) modification to make the style of damage indication be a configurable option?

Powerlord
12-16-2014, 21:22
hey Mr. Powerlord, a design thought if I may share. There are a couple of different damage indicator possibilities that the pyro sees I believe. You are using a circular damage indicator (don't know official descriptor). Would it be a difficult (timely) modification to make the style of damage indication be a configurable option?

I... have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think PropHunt is doing anything with damage icons.

BBG_Theory
12-16-2014, 23:19
ok, I mean if you are pyro, and you shoot the flame thrower, you will see on the screen that you are taking on damage as you use the weapon. I think there are different styles of damage indication as witnessed by the pyro. am I not making sense?

perhaps I am wrong on that, but I am sure that round burn indication seen in the middle of the screen can be removed. Have you thought about that being configurable?

Powerlord
12-17-2014, 00:38
ok, I mean if you are pyro, and you shoot the flame thrower, you will see on the screen that you are taking on damage as you use the weapon. I think there are different styles of damage indication as witnessed by the pyro. am I not making sense?

perhaps I am wrong on that, but I am sure that round burn indication seen in the middle of the screen can be removed. Have you thought about that being configurable?

Still nothing I know about. I do know that self-damage intentionally doesn't apply the weapon parameter because otherwise self-damage would apply certain attributes from the weapons... bleed being one of them.

unlucky ducky
12-17-2014, 10:46
I think the reason it appears like it does for flamethrowers is because it's a constant stream of very small damage sources. Other weapons have slower but more powerful self-damage.

BBG_Theory
12-17-2014, 20:44
.deleted

Powerlord
12-17-2014, 20:48
ok, I know what I was talking about now, as a friend reminded me
it has to do with the damage system Powerlord switched to.

//if (g_LastProp && strcmp(weaponname, "tf_weapon_flamethrower") == 0 && g_LastPropPlayer > 0 && IsClientInGame(g_LastPropPlayer) && IsPlayerAlive(g_LastPropPlayer) &&
g_LastPropDamageTime[client] > -1 && g_LastPropDamageTime[client] + PROP_DAMAGE_TIME >= GetTime() && damage >= GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iHealth"))
//{
//attacker = g_LastPropPlayer;
//weapon = 0;
//}

// Attacker shouldn't be the weapon, it should be the player
// weapon is no longer used as it caused bugs in bleed damage
// SDKHooks_TakeDamage(client, client, attacker, damage, DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE);

//alternate damage system: this SHOULD work
new Float:temp = GetClientHealth(client) - damage;
new newHealth = RoundFloat(temp);

if(newHealth < 1)
ForcePlayerSuicide(client);
else
SetEntityHealth(client, newHealth);
}

I know you commented in here about weapon vs attacker.

...that's not the damage system I'm using, mine looks like this (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/prophunt.sp#L2929):

if (g_LastProp && strcmp(weaponname, "tf_weapon_flamethrower") == 0 && g_LastPropPlayer > 0 && IsClientInGame(g_LastPropPlayer) && IsPlayerAlive(g_LastPropPlayer) &&
g_LastPropDamageTime[client] > -1 && g_LastPropDamageTime[client] + PROP_DAMAGE_TIME >= GetTime() && damage >= GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iHealth"))
{
attacker = g_LastPropPlayer;
//weapon = 0;
}

// Attacker shouldn't be the weapon, it should be the player
// weapon is no longer used as it caused bugs in bleed damage
SDKHooks_TakeDamage(client, client, attacker, damage, DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE);

The "weapon is no longer used" comment is referring to the sixth argument (the one after DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE) which is no longer present.

BBG_Theory
12-17-2014, 20:51
im getting files mixed up lol ...this is the alt damage systems I was talking about

sorry this was so confusing, I wish I didn't bring it up since I made this thread get ugly.

The main point was could we have a configurable damage system selection. What I posted doesn't put that annoying ring in the center of the screen. I have probably mangled this request and will just have to do on my own probably

+++++delete my posts if you want Powerlord. Just thought it might be a neat feature to have a choice of damage systems

edited again, I have it working on my server if you want to take a peek sometime. I would welcome your thoughts on the alternate damage system. What I like about it is the ring is gone
using this

stock DoSelfDamage(client, weapon)
{
new Float:damage;
new attacker = client;

new String:weaponIndex[10];
IntToString(GetEntProp(weapon, Prop_Send, "m_iItemDefinitionIndex"), weaponIndex, sizeof(weaponIndex));

new String:weaponname[64];
GetEntityClassname(weapon, weaponname, sizeof(weaponname));

if (!GetTrieValue(g_hWeaponSelfDamage, weaponIndex, damage))
{
damage = 10.0;
}
// This stock damage system was removed

// if (g_LastProp && strcmp(weaponname, "tf_weapon_flamethrower") == 0 && g_LastPropPlayer > 0 && IsClientInGame(g_LastPropPlayer) && IsPlayerAlive(g_LastPropPlayer) &&
// g_LastPropDamageTime[client] > -1 && g_LastPropDamageTime[client] + PROP_DAMAGE_TIME >= GetTime() && damage >= GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iHealth"))
// {
// attacker = g_LastPropPlayer;
// //weapon = 0;
// }
//
// // Attacker shouldn't be the weapon, it should be the player
// // weapon is no longer used as it caused bugs in bleed damage
// SDKHooks_TakeDamage(client, client, attacker, damage, DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE);
//start of mod
new Float:temp = GetClientHealth(client) - damage;
new newHealth = RoundFloat(temp);

if(newHealth < 1)
ForcePlayerSuicide(client);
else
SetEntityHealth(client, newHealth);
//end of mod
}

Kibblre
12-22-2014, 15:04
I thought I'd post here to help shed some light on what BBT is saying. For the record, if any of my coding is wrong I'd like you to tell me and tell me why as well. I'm normally used to C++/Java, but Pawn is pretty interesting to me.

I go by Hank Rutherford Hill on Steam and I've been admining for BBT on his PH servers for about 4 years now. The damage system that was implemented in Redux, which uses the SDKHooks_TakeDamage() function, is different than it used to be back in the old DarkImmortal PH days. When Redux went live, people on BBT's server complained to me about the red damage ring that appears when self damage is taken as it was not always like that.

The way self damage used to be is what BBT just posted above me using SetEntityHealth(). I pretty much just copied that over from old DarkImmortal PH versions in order to get rid of the red damage ring. From our testing, this damage source works and so far no bugs have arisen out of it, but our other main PH admin is actively watching. I also told our regular players to watch out for bugs and report them to me.

I am also the one that reskinned Headquarters to make it Redquarters. I'm pretty flattered that you're interested in the map as BBT was telling me about as it was just a simple reskin and not a whole map making process.

Powerlord
12-22-2014, 15:26
I thought I'd post here to help shed some light on what BBT is saying. For the record, if any of my coding is wrong I'd like you to tell me and tell me why as well. I'm normally used to C++/Java, but Pawn is pretty interesting to me.

I go by Hank Rutherford Hill on Steam and I've been admining for BBT on his PH servers for about 4 years now. The damage system that was implemented in Redux, which uses the SDKHooks_TakeDamage() function, is different than it used to be back in the old DarkImmortal PH days. When Redux went live, people on BBT's server complained to me about the red damage ring that appears when self damage is taken as it was not always like that.

The way self damage used to be is what BBT just posted above me using SetEntityHealth(). I pretty much just copied that over from old DarkImmortal PH versions in order to get rid of the red damage ring. From our testing, this damage source works and so far no bugs have arisen out of it, but our other main PH admin is actively watching. I also told our regular players to watch out for bugs and report them to me.

I think what confused me is that the change from SetEntityHealth to SDKHooks_TakeDamage happened before I took over PropHunt as it was already in place in 1.93 (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/blob/e79f404e1647e73de620aec11beae255d74c4b6d/addons/sourcemod/scripting/prophunt.sp#L1256). I have 1.93 in my repository for historical reasons... plus I used it as a base for all further changes.

Anyway, I'd have to look into changing that, as I'm not sure if the older PH code had to do anything special to get players to die properly.

On the flip side, the red ring does serve as a visual indicator for newer players that they are taking damage.

I am also the one that reskinned Headquarters to make it Redquarters. I'm pretty flattered that you're interested in the map as BBT was telling me about as it was just a simple reskin and not a whole map making process.

I was unaware of Redquarters existence until I saw the map filename mentioned somewhere and when I Googled it, there are really only two servers that run it.

...of course, people who actually do use Google would probably notice that there's only really one possible way I could have stumbled across this map's name. Which is a tacit admission that I still do periodically read the Saxton Hell PropHunt board, specifically watching it for new maps. I just don't comment on how "thing X is something that PropHunt Redux already handles" and things like that any more since they really don't want to hear what I have to say.

Kibblre
12-22-2014, 15:34
Ah, I remember that now. 1.93 seems very familiar and was probably when I was being bugged to change the damage ring back to it's old state. From what I remember, there weren't any issues in getting players to actually die by self damage. Many regulars or veterans of PH on our servers absolutely hate the red ring. I agree with you that it could be helpful for new players, but usually one reminder of self damage killing them is enough for them to remember it in the future.

Redquarters was on 2 servers? That's weird. I made it specifically for our server. Unless BBT gave it to someone else, which I'd be 100% okay with, it was stolen. Like I said, feel free to use Redquarters and improve on it if it's needed. I'm not a map maker by any means, but one of my friends who does make maps took a look at says it works properly in his eyes.

Dr. Greg House
12-22-2014, 15:43
I'm pretty sure Redquarters is used on many more servers. TNG also supports it.

Kibblre
12-22-2014, 15:44
I'll need to ask BBT about it then. I don't remember being asked to share it.

Powerlord
12-22-2014, 19:59
Expect a new PH weapons file later tonight to restrict the new DemoMan weapons Valve is adding in today's update.

Edit: The shotgun sounds like it will need MASSIVE amounts of testing... especially to find out if it does damage per shell.

Powerlord
12-22-2014, 20:31
Here's a preliminary config file. It essentially copies all the festive weapons restrictions and damage/self-damage changes from their parents.

The two new Demo weapons are blocked.

However, the Panic Attack is currently not blocked as I haven't had a chance to do testing on its self-damage. I'll probably craft one shortly for this purpose.

Edit: New shotgun fires shells one at a time, but until GameData updates go through, calcattackcritical is broke.

Horsedick
12-22-2014, 21:19
Here's a preliminary config file. It essentially copies all the festive weapons restrictions and damage/self-damage changes from their parents.

The two new Demo weapons are blocked.

However, the Panic Attack is currently not blocked as I haven't had a chance to do testing on its self-damage. I'll probably craft one shortly for this purpose.

Edit: New shotgun fires shells one at a time, but until GameData updates go through, calcattackcritical is broke.

There was a game data update pushed thru a new snapshot about 2hours prior to tonights update. Was this pushed with advanced notice as to what the changes were I wonder?

Powerlord
12-22-2014, 21:20
There was a game data update pushed thru a new snapshot about 2hours prior to tonights update. Was this pushed with advanced notice as to what the changes were I wonder?

Not to my knowledge. However, something in the gamedata was fixed as after restart, self-damage was working again on my Linux server.

Titanium GOD
12-23-2014, 09:55
I tried the new shotgun on ph server (even flying and losing health is now broken). The fire speed is really fast. But it's hard to aim for a prop with it, when prop is really close to you. Normal damage I saw maximum 89, but when I crited, it was 180. It surely needs to be nerfed.
Maybe not the damage, as it is not hitting more than flare crit, but maybe the amount of max clips might be max 2, not 4. When u get to close to kill prop with 2 hits, you would kill it in same time with degreaser+flare. So thats why I thought of 2.

Powerlord
12-23-2014, 10:03
(even flying and losing health is now broken)

There was a SourceMod gamedata update for this. If it's not downloading when you restart, you can also grab the gamedata folder from the latest SourceMod snapshot (http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php).

I tried the new shotgun on ph server. The fire speed is really fast. But it's hard to aim for a prop with it, when prop is really close to you. Normal damage I saw maximum 89, but when I crited, it was 180. It surely needs to be nerfed.
Maybe not the damage, as it is not hitting more than flare crit, but maybe the amount of max clips might be max 2, not 4. When u get to close to kill prop with 2 hits, you would kill it in same time with degreaser+flare. So thats why I thought of 2.

PropHunt is usually nocrit, so the crit damage wouldn't apply.

But yes, it may need balancing. Not sure how to change it so you can only load two shots at once; it might be possible with attribute changes and PropHunt Redux should already support adjusting attributes on weapons... I'd have to look up the syntax, though.

I may need to experiment with this a bit.

unlucky ducky
12-23-2014, 11:22
But yes, it may need balancing. Not sure how to change it so you can only load two shots at once; it might be possible with attribute changes and PropHunt Redux should already support adjusting attributes on weapons... I'd have to look up the syntax, though.
I haven't tested it myself, but all that should need changing is attribute 424 ("clip size penalty HIDDEN") from 0.66 to 0.33 for it to only be able to load 2 shells at once I think.

Also, where would one set that if it were to be done completely in Prophunt's plugin? Previously I've just cheated by using TF2items own config to do weapon changes.

Powerlord
12-23-2014, 13:06
I haven't tested it myself, but all that should need changing is attribute 424 ("clip size penalty HIDDEN") from 0.66 to 0.33 for it to only be able to load 2 shells at once I think.

Also, where would one set that if it were to be done completely in Prophunt's plugin? Previously I've just cheated by using TF2items own config to do weapon changes.

PropHunt Redux added the ability to manipulate items using prophunt_config.cfg.
Specifically, these keys will work:

"replace" - Replace an item with a different one. Generally you always want to do this for melee weapons instead of blocking them... and you may want to for primaries depending on which stock it is. Format is "classname;index;quality;level;attributes". attributes is optional, the others are required. See Bonesaw for an example.

"replace_onlyclasses" - If present, restricts the replacement to just certain classes. See Reserve Shooter for an example. This is a bitfield, so add these values to get the number to put in here:

Scout: 1
Sniper: 2
Soldier: 4
Demoman: 8
Medic: 16
Heavy: 32
Pyro: 64
Spy: 128
Engineer: 256

"stripattribs" - Remove the standard attributes from an item. Just takes the value 0 or 1.
"addattribs" - Adds attributes to items. Attributes are done by numbers and their values are floats. I don't think the default prophunt_config.cfg has any of these. Format is "attribute;value;attribute;value"

However, I'm not sure what happens if you add the same attribute a second time. I assume it overrides the first value as you used to have to do this to get rid of built-in attributes. Then again, you can combine stripattribs and addattribs if you really wanted to redo everything, but it might mess up strange counters.

unlucky ducky
12-23-2014, 15:22
Thanks a lot for the explanation of the attributes system!

However, I'm not sure what happens if you add the same attribute a second time. I assume it overrides the first value as you used to have to do this to get rid of built-in attributes. Then again, you can combine stripattribs and addattribs if you really wanted to redo everything, but it might mess up strange counters.
From my own experience you can just overwrite an old value with a new one.

Powerlord
12-23-2014, 15:30
I tried the new shotgun on ph server (even flying and losing health is now broken). The fire speed is really fast. But it's hard to aim for a prop with it, when prop is really close to you. Normal damage I saw maximum 89, but when I crited, it was 180. It surely needs to be nerfed.

Forgot to mention, PropHunt lowers the damage of shotguns by 20%, so if you were going by standard damage outside of PH or without applying the weapon config file from the previous page...

Thanks a lot for the explanation of the attributes system!

I just noticed I typoed the name of "replace_onlyclasses" I meant to go double check that in the file and failed to do so. Whoops.

From my own experience you can just overwrite an old value with a new one.

Good to know.

unlucky ducky
12-24-2014, 06:14
The Panic Attack seems like a really hard weapon to evaluate since it starts out as a really good weapon at full health, but as soon as you start shooting it rapidly becomes a shit weapon that you can barely do any reliable damage with. In other words, as soon as you start chasing someone you're going to want to rely less and less on your secondary as it won't be very effective.

That being said, 4 shells seems a bit too many for prophunt so for the time being I've decided to try going with 3 shells instead to see how it turns out.

Skippy
01-01-2015, 15:44
My server is having problems with getting the same prop every round that we play on a certain map. For example we are a mining shack every time for timbertown. How do I fix this?

Powerlord
01-01-2015, 15:45
My server is having problems with getting the same prop every round that we play on a certain map. For example we are a mining shack every time for timbertown. How do I fix this?

What SourceMod version are you running?

I ask because...

If you are seeing all players appearing as a single prop, this is due to a change Valve made in the Random code that SourceMod relies on. Installing SourceMod 1.6.3 or newer should fix this.

Skippy
01-01-2015, 15:48
What SourceMod version are you running?

I ask because...

Thank you

Powerlord
01-01-2015, 17:44
OK, this spent way too much time in beta, but I've released PropHunt Redux 3.3.0. You can find it in the first post.

I'm also going to update the Install Guide to reflect 3.3.0's release. I've also fixed a few issues we've already.

I will note: You probably will want the latest PropHunt DataPack as the configuration has been updated to change the Panic Attack to have a 3 ammo clip instead of 4... and ships with a config file for ph_redquarters.

Edit: I also adjusted the Requirements to state that SourceMod 1.6.3 or newer is required. Missed that I hadn't done that before even though there's a warning about that at the top of the page.

Horsedick
01-02-2015, 10:18
OK, this spent way too much time in beta, but I've released PropHunt Redux 3.3.0. You can find it in the first post.

I'm also going to update the Install Guide to reflect 3.3.0's release. I've also fixed a few issues we've already.

I will note: You probably will want the latest PropHunt DataPack as the configuration has been updated to change the Panic Attack to have a 3 ammo clip instead of 4... and ships with a config file for ph_redquarters.

Ok, gonna have to point me to the ph_redquarters otherwise whats the point in shipping it with a config file for a map I can't get/use for it?

Powerlord
01-02-2015, 10:20
Ok, gonna have to point me to the ph_redquarters otherwise whats the point in shipping it with a config file for a map I can't get/use for it?

I was going to upload it, but I need to clear it with some people first.

Edit: Specifically, combatfetus, who I meant to send a message to a few days ago and forgot.

Edit 2: For reference, I've already gotten permission (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2238591&postcount=431) from Kibblre, the person who modded ph_headquarters to ph_redquarter.

Horsedick
01-02-2015, 10:21
I was going to upload it, but I need to clear it with some people first.

Ok understandable... thanks for clearing that up :)

Powerlord
01-10-2015, 21:35
So, it's time for a map update!

Updated maps:

CampSite a5 (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/maps/ph_campsite_a5.bsp.bz2): No configuration update. Changes:

There is now a treehouse right of the park entrance (from Hunter spawn that is). It has a bridge that cross over to the large healthkit area.
The fence around the camp is now taller.
Water is now slightly deeper to allow props to be extinguished.
Fixed CP prop from being invisible underwater.
BLU spawn has been moved back to make it harder for them to see into the level while props are hiding.
Added a new section inside teepee.
Added/moved the location of some props on the map.

007 Facility a6 (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/maps/ph_007facility_a6.bsp.bz2): No configuration update.

Added a raised platform with some props on it.
Added a few more pipes here and there

New map:

Petit Courtyard v1a (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/maps/ph_petitcourtyard_v1a.bsp.bz2): Configuration file (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/master/addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/ph_petitcourtyard.cfg) (will also be included in the next DataPack). A smaller/more concise version of Courtyard. Marshii recommends that you don't remove the original Courtyard from the map rotation quite yet as the two maps play differently.

Maps that weren't added because Powerlord kept forgetting to contact Beetle and only finally wrote him a message today: ph_redquarters_a6.

Powerlord
01-14-2015, 17:25
I had it pointed out to me the other day that the current stats2.inc doesn't use CPrintToChat calls, but the translation file included with PropHunt Redux expects it to. I'll have to get in touch with DarkImmortal/Geit about this to see if they updated stats2.inc to use them or not.

I expect I'll probably have a new translation file to deal with this soon.

Powerlord
01-15-2015, 15:41
...I totally forgot about this yesterday.

Anyway, if you're running a stats server, here's a new translation file that should make stat messages look correct again.

unlucky ducky
01-17-2015, 17:15
When I started playing around with the prophuntreroll function I noticed a rather odd behavior when setting ph_propreroll to 1. Unlike what one would expect it refused to give anyone access even though setting it to 1 should've given access to everyone.

Diving into the prophunt source code I noticed that there was an error in the way the cvar was handled (probably left from an older version?).

if(GetConVarInt(g_PHReroll) == 0)Which should actually look like this to allow access for everyone if the cvar is set to 1:
if(GetConVarInt(g_PHReroll) >= 0)

Powerlord
01-17-2015, 17:52
When I started playing around with the prophuntreroll function I noticed a rather odd behavior when setting ph_propreroll to 1. Unlike what one would expect it refused to give anyone access even though setting it to 1 should've given access to everyone.

Diving into the prophunt source code I noticed that there was an error in the way the cvar was handled (probably left from an older version?).

if(GetConVarInt(g_PHReroll) == 0)Which should actually look like this to allow access for everyone if the cvar is set to 1:
if(GetConVarInt(g_PHReroll) >= 0)

I think you're right. Weird, I thought I'd tested that. I've fixed it in my repository.

So, here's the updated version, it will appear as version 3.3.1.

unlucky ducky
01-18-2015, 15:57
While we're talking about the reroll command - I think it could be a fun feature if there'd be an option for the reroll command to also pick props that are normally not in the default selection. That is, normal map selection of props plus a potential for other custom props.

You could then choose to add a few silly props to that list making the reroll function a calculated risk - Do you risk getting an even worse prop than what you currently have for a chance of getting a slightly less terrible one than what you currently have?

Powerlord
01-18-2015, 18:47
While we're talking about the reroll command - I think it could be a fun feature if there'd be an option for the reroll command to also pick props that are normally not in the default selection. That is, normal map selection of props plus a potential for other custom props.

You could then choose to add a few silly props to that list making the reroll function a calculated risk - Do you risk getting an even worse prop than what you currently have for a chance of getting a slightly less terrible one than what you currently have?

I guess the question is... if this was an option, should it just read addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/prop_menu.txt or should it be a separate file? prop_menu.txt is a list of props that should always appear in the prop menu instead of it being hard-coded. For compatibility reasons, it only has the pyro and ghost by default.

Incidentally, I'm thinking about adding a fourth version number to PropHunt in 3.4. The reason for this is so that I can use the Updater plugin... the fourth version number would be used exclusively for gamedata updates between actual plugin updates.

unlucky ducky
01-18-2015, 19:39
I guess the question is... if this was an option, should it just read addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/prop_menu.txt or should it be a separate file? prop_menu.txt is a list of props that should always appear in the prop menu instead of it being hard-coded. For compatibility reasons, it only has the pyro and ghost by default.
I think it's safe to say that if you're going to use the propreroll function you're not going to have the propmenu enabled at the same time and for that reason I guess using prop_menu.txt would make sense, but at the same time the ghost is rather undesirable to have randomly show up as its particle effects remain even after you die.

I'm guessing that code-wise it might be a little bit messier, but I think it might be better to keep the propmenu and the propreroll props separate. To be honest though - either way would work just fine.

Incidentally, I'm thinking about adding a fourth version number to PropHunt in 3.4. The reason for this is so that I can use the Updater plugin... the fourth version number would be used exclusively for gamedata updates between actual plugin updates.
When you say gamedata updates - what specific prophunt files would that entail?

Powerlord
01-18-2015, 20:33
I think it's safe to say that if you're going to use the propreroll function you're not going to have the propmenu enabled at the same time and for that reason I guess using prop_menu.txt would make sense, but at the same time the ghost is rather undesirable to have randomly show up as its particle effects remain even after you die.

Hmm, that may be something I need to look into.

I'm guessing that code-wise it might be a little bit messier, but I think it might be better to keep the propmenu and the propreroll props separate. To be honest though - either way would work just fine.

Well, it'll be one more list to cache... so one more Handle along with the code to load them.

When you say gamedata updates - what specific prophunt files would that entail?

Whoops, I meant to say data files, but the gamedata file would apply as well.

Data files would be various map data files as well as the main prophunt_config.cfg. Obviously, if you customize this, you'd probably want to either disable the automatic updates, or just set updater to only inform you when new updates are available rather than installing them.

As for gamedata, recent versions of PropHunt Redux ship with a gamedata file for an optional DHooks dependency to work around a somewhat rare team switching bug.

PropHunt Redux 3.4 will ship with a newer gamedata file that allows it to call SetSwitchTeams directly without using DHoks. This is because, after a closer reading of the Source SDK 2013, I realized that TF2 is hard-coded to set this to false for arena rounds while ending the round, but it's not touched again until it's read at round start.

I've still kept a define that, if commented out, will revert to back to the non-DHooks way things work now. That is, PropHunt will manually switch player teams 0.2 seconds before the round ends.

MaloModo
01-21-2015, 11:23
How are we with current enable/disable cvar on prophunt? Before (as in months ago now) wasn't working so well I believe. Thinking of adding prophunt again to "multi mode" server? Just want to confirm that things are working well in this regard.

Powerlord
01-21-2015, 11:56
How are we with current enable/disable cvar on prophunt? Before (as in months ago now) wasn't working so well I believe. Thinking of adding prophunt again to "multi mode" server? Just want to confirm that things are working well in this regard.

I think I remember what you were talking about. What PropHunt Redux does when enabled/disabled is this:

PropHunt Redux makes a bunch of cvar changes once configuration files are finished executing and it is enabled (and on a PropHunt map).
PropHunt Redux makes those same cvar changes on round change if it is enabled by cvar during the previous round.
PropHunt Redux undoes these changes when a map ends.
PropHunt Redux undoes these changes on round start if you disable it by cvar.

#4 had an issue where it would occur even if #1 hadn't been done yet (i.e. you changed it between maps). Unfortunately, this also meant that the values it was saving weren't set, so all settings (including gravity) were set to 0.

I ended up adding some new code so that #3 or #4 will never occur if #1 or #2 hasn't been done first. In fact, all 4 of the above check the same boolean variable to make sure they aren't setting/unsetting variables that aren't in the opposite state (i.e. We don't want to unset variables that aren't already set, and we don't want to set/save the old values of variables that are already set)

Now, having said all that, there's still one issue that remains, but only if you're changing game modes between rounds. The issue is that canteens and spellbooks stick around between lives and thus aren't stripped if PropHunt isn't active on the first round that a player uses a loadout with a canteen/spellbook equipped.

ClassicGuzzi
02-18-2015, 19:33
Hey powerlord I have one feature request and a bug.

The feature that people from my server asked is to be able, as a prop, to see where the rest of the props are (teammates) so, when you run from a hunter you know where you shouldn't go because there are teammates hidden there. I'm not sure if it's doable but they want the outline (like on FF2/DR) to be visible for them only. I really want to know if there is any way to filter who can and can't see the outlines too so, if you know a way it would be awesome!

My players also reported that they are engineers with the shotgun and it has 6 shots instead of just 2 (with the default shotgun).

Oh and I run a multimod server and I even use the same arena_ maps for both ff2 and ph, and I don't have any problem, so yeah it works.

Powerlord
02-18-2015, 19:47
Hey powerlord I have one feature request and a bug.

The feature that people from my server asked is to be able, as a prop, to see where the rest of the props are (teammates) so, when you run from a hunter you know where you shouldn't go because there are teammates hidden there. I'm not sure if it's doable but they want the outline (like on FF2/DR) to be visible for them only. I really want to know if there is any way to filter who can and can't see the outlines too so, if you know a way it would be awesome!

As far as I know, turning on player outlines makes them visible to everyone unless some trickery is done (not sure how they do it for intel carriers). In theory this could be worked around using SendProxy Manager, but I'm not sure we want to add a dependency on it.

My players also reported that they are engineers with the shotgun and it has 6 shots instead of just 2 (with the default shotgun).
The shotgun is only restricted to 2 bullets on Pyro. I've never really questioned why that is... probably because we remove all the secondary weapons on Engy, primary weapons on Heavy, and damage-dealing Primary weapons on Soldier (or at least I think we do, I haven't tried solly lately).

Oh and I run a multimod server and I even use the same arena_ maps for both ff2 and ph, and I don't have any problem, so yeah it works.

That's good.

Horsedick
02-18-2015, 20:46
Powerlord - any word on that map to release you were asking about a while back?

ClassicGuzzi
02-19-2015, 02:15
As far as I know, turning on player outlines makes them visible to everyone unless some trickery is done (not sure how they do it for intel carriers). In theory this could be worked around using SendProxy Manager, but I'm not sure we want to add a dependency on it.

yeah I searched a lot here and It looks like there is no way to separate the outline because the message is send to all clients on the same time (on the sendproxy manager it says that he couldn't get it to work separated for clients).

So I'll just make a temporary entity, a dynamic light and I'll attach to every prop (and send it just to the prop team). My other idea was to use those messages that you could always see (like the annotations plugins) and show it only when the prop is locked.

I don't know which one I'll do, but both are kind of 'meh' ways to do show were the other props are.. so I'll make a little plugin just for that, don't worry. Still I'll post it here in case someones wants it.

unlucky ducky
02-20-2015, 09:20
The shotgun is only restricted to 2 bullets on Pyro. I've never really questioned why that is... probably because we remove all the secondary weapons on Engy, primary weapons on Heavy, and damage-dealing Primary weapons on Soldier (or at least I think we do, I haven't tried solly lately).
I think the main reason for decreasing the amount of shells is that the shotgun is more or less a hitscan weapon despite the shell spread. That by itself isn't necessarily a problem, but when you can continously fire 6 shells in a row it can get a bit too much. A week or so ago I tried playing on a prophunt server where the shotgun was not limited to a low shell count and it struck me as being very very hard to survive once a pyro have locked on to you since it can be hard to avoid these kind of weapons.

I can't remember how I've done it on my server, but I'm fairly sure the shotgun is limited to 2 shells on pyro and maybe 3 on the other classes.

Powerlord
02-20-2015, 10:50
I think the main reason for decreasing the amount of shells is that the shotgun is more or less a hitscan weapon despite the shell spread. That by itself isn't necessarily a problem, but when you can continously fire 6 shells in a row it can get a bit too much. A week or so ago I tried playing on a prophunt server where the shotgun was not limited to a low shell count and it struck me as being very very hard to survive once a pyro have locked on to you since it can be hard to avoid these kind of weapons.

I can't remember how I've done it on my server, but I'm fairly sure the shotgun is limited to 2 shells on pyro and maybe 3 on the other classes.

If people want, I could add it into the game and possibly even make it a cvar.

Of course, if we start messing around with the base shotgun, that would mean we would probably have to start nerfing the other shotguns as well or they would just be straight upgrades. We could probably leave the Frontier Justice alone as its already arguably worse than stock in PH. The Family Business would probably have to be nerfed to 5 or 6 shots... I'd have to do the math to figure out which. The Panic Attack would probably have to be revisited again and possibly nerfed down to 2 shots.

Modifying existing weapons is always... problematic. Much more so than modifying new weapons. This will undoubtedly mean more drama over stats from certain communities, some of which don't even use this version of PropHunt.

Speaking of Stats...

At some point, I really need to continue work on a new stats system. Right now, stats2.inc just does direct DB calls. As long as you have stats2.inc, which you will if you have a stats-enabled server, you can "cheat" the stats system by sending DB calls that increase scores by more than they should.

I started writing one that used REST calls to do score changes. Not only did I remove the direct score adjustment amount (the remote server knows what each action is worth), but its possible to validate actions that seem suspicious.

For example, if a server reports that player X was killed, and then 5 seconds later player X was killed again, the webserver could say "wtf, this server is cheating!" and flag it for someone to look into.

Simply blocking/ignoring the action could itself be bad as the servers could fall out of sync. For that matter, it might not be a bad idea to queue requests if they fail and when the connection comes back up, send the data again.

Hmm, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to add some sort of incrementing counter to make sure events happen in the right order if the connection fails.

As I mentioned before, one of the goals in the next version of PropHunt Redux is to move stats to a separate plugin. There are a few reasons to do this:

This removes the conditional compilation for stats-related stuff. We have far too much conditional compilation stuff in PropHunt right now, it'd be nice to remove some of it.
Private stats plugins could be done without having to recompile PropHunt Redux. Right now, you have to recompile it if you enable stats even if you're using Geit's stats2.inc.
It would allow multiple stats providers to run at the same time.

Right now, I think I've started implementing the new stats system (in the 3.4 branch) as private forwards, but there's nothing stopping me from changing that to public forwards.

If stats does move to separate plugins, the various stats commands (including the command to bring up the main stats page) would probably move with it.

Just one hitch: I'm currently busy with another (fairly major) project.

unlucky ducky
02-20-2015, 11:30
If people want, I could add it into the game and possibly even make it a cvar.

Of course, if we start messing around with the base shotgun, that would mean we would probably have to start nerfing the other shotguns as well or they would just be straight upgrades. We could probably leave the Frontier Justice alone as its already arguably worse than stock in PH. The Family Business would probably have to be nerfed to 5 or 6 shots... I'd have to do the math to figure out which. The Panic Attack would probably have to be revisited again and possibly nerfed down to 2 shots.
Personally I don't see a need to make it an official change. If communities want to they can easily change the config themselves to make it fit their needs.

ClassicGuzzi
02-26-2015, 12:39
Hey powerlord, quick question:

Is there any way to check in an external plugin if the player is "locked" ?

I noticed that you set this to lock:
SetVariantInt(1);
AcceptEntityInput(client, "SetCustomModelRotates");

Do you know if there is any way "get" this value?

Powerlord
02-26-2015, 13:53
Hey powerlord, quick question:

Is there any way to check in an external plugin if the player is "locked" ?

I noticed that you set this to lock:
SetVariantInt(1);
AcceptEntityInput(client, "SetCustomModelRotates");

Do you know if there is any way "get" this value?

Have you checked the m_bCustomModelRotates netprop?

ClassicGuzzi
02-26-2015, 14:25
Have you checked the m_bCustomModelRotates netprop?

Thanks! I'll check it, I'll make a little plugin that will create an annotation over the props that are only shown to the red team, and I think that the best way to show an annotation is when the prop is locked.

unlucky ducky
03-05-2015, 12:46
Just experienced an issue with the weapon punishment/stripping mechanism again. The player in question seemingly had a usable weapon, but instead of properly stripping the weapon from the player in question it seemingly just made him constantly change props while leaving the weapon in place.

Edit: TF2_RemoveAllWeapons(client); seems to be commented out in the weapon-stripping code. Is there a good reason for that or should I indeed assume that's that the reason weapons weren't properly stripped?

Horsedick
03-05-2015, 20:02
Powerlord - any word on that map to release you were asking about a while back?

Just figured I'd ask about this again, I think you may have over looked it PL :)

ClassicGuzzi
03-06-2015, 23:16
Hey, powerlord, I think that I finally did it :D I made a simple way to use outlines for teammates only!

I tested it only with bots, but it seems to work pretty well :fox:

Of course this is just a test and I'm not asking you to add this on the plugin, also I think that since it's using SDKHook_SetTransmit it's kind of heavy (it will be called every game frame).

Edit: After some testing I found that this is working but not exactly right, maybe it has to do with the way that prophunt manages the team change?

I'll try to just hook the change after the round starts and unhook on end (and I'll disable the outline at the end).

MaloModo
03-09-2015, 15:12
I think I remember what you were talking about. What PropHunt Redux does when enabled/disabled is this:

PropHunt Redux makes a bunch of cvar changes once configuration files are finished executing and it is enabled (and on a PropHunt map).
PropHunt Redux makes those same cvar changes on round change if it is enabled by cvar during the previous round.
PropHunt Redux undoes these changes when a map ends.
PropHunt Redux undoes these changes on round start if you disable it by cvar.

#4 had an issue where it would occur even if #1 hadn't been done yet (i.e. you changed it between maps). Unfortunately, this also meant that the values it was saving weren't set, so all settings (including gravity) were set to 0.

I ended up adding some new code so that #3 or #4 will never occur if #1 or #2 hasn't been done first. In fact, all 4 of the above check the same boolean variable to make sure they aren't setting/unsetting variables that aren't in the opposite state (i.e. We don't want to unset variables that aren't already set, and we don't want to set/save the old values of variables that are already set)

Now, having said all that, there's still one issue that remains, but only if you're changing game modes between rounds. The issue is that canteens and spellbooks stick around between lives and thus aren't stripped if PropHunt isn't active on the first round that a player uses a loadout with a canteen/spellbook equipped.

Just stopping in to update. Finally got around to adding this tf2ware/deathrun server. Seems to be working fine switching between modes on map change. This from initial testing anyhow. Thx PL :fox::fox::bacon!::bacon!:

One of the players notices the shotty is only 2 ammo? It that correct and if so way to modify? I have a quick look through datapack but I don't see exactly where you could do this.

Powerlord
03-09-2015, 20:26
Just experienced an issue with the weapon punishment/stripping mechanism again. The player in question seemingly had a usable weapon, but instead of properly stripping the weapon from the player in question it seemingly just made him constantly change props while leaving the weapon in place.

Edit: TF2_RemoveAllWeapons(client); seems to be commented out in the weapon-stripping code. Is there a good reason for that or should I indeed assume that's that the reason weapons weren't properly stripped?

It got removed when we started forcing it to respawn players instead. Which apparently isn't retriggering their weapon spawns.

To be honest, I'm not sure why it's not triggering for them in the first place.

Having said that, simply removing weapons from a player doesn't remove anything that affect the player, such as the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol adding 15 health (or the Sandman removing 15 health).

This is why we reverted to blocking things in the first place.

Just figured I'd ask about this again, I think you may have over looked it PL :)

I've still never received a response from Beetle. I'm tempted to just release it.

Hey, powerlord, I think that I finally did it :D I made a simple way to use outlines for teammates only!

I tested it only with bots, but it seems to work pretty well :fox:

Of course this is just a test and I'm not asking you to add this on the plugin, also I think that since it's using SDKHook_SetTransmit it's kind of heavy (it will be called every game frame).

Edit: After some testing I found that this is working but not exactly right, maybe it has to do with the way that prophunt manages the team change?

I'll try to just hook the change after the round starts and unhook on end (and I'll disable the outline at the end).

At the moment, PropHunt manually changes teams if DHooks isn't present, or overrides the game round end function on the server if DHooks is present.

3.4 will probably use GameData to set the team switch variable on the gamerules object. This is what DHooks was being used to brute force, but it turns out that there's a timing issue involved... Arena mode only forces it off *before* firing teamplay_round_win, so if it's set after that it doesn't get reset.

Just stopping in to update. Finally got around to adding this tf2ware/deathrun server. Seems to be working fine switching between modes on map change. This from initial testing anyhow. Thx PL :fox::fox::bacon!::bacon!:

One of the players notices the shotty is only 2 ammo? It that correct and if so way to modify? I have a quick look through datapack but I don't see exactly where you could do this.

The shotty only having 2 bullets should only be present when PropHunt is running... I'll have to look into why this is happening at other times.

MaloModo
03-10-2015, 01:21
The shotty only having 2 bullets should only be present when PropHunt is running... I'll have to look into why this is happening at other times.

My mistake for the confusion. That was posted in haste while doing several things at once. Males can't multitask very well :). Anyhow, you answered the part about the shotgun intending to be only 2 ammo per clip which I assume you had a reason for. It is NOT doing this at other times (I.e. Prophunt is disabliing fine and not effecting other mods from what I can tell so far).

But is there a simple way to change the ammo back to normal (6 ammo for default shotgun I believe)? I looked through the data pack and configs but didn't see anything?

And man this site needs to be mobile friendly :)

Powerlord
03-10-2015, 01:32
My mistake for the confusion. That was posted in haste while doing several things at once. Males can't multitask very well :). Anyhow, you answered the part about the shotgun intending to be only 2 ammo per clip which I assume you had a reason for. It is NOT doing this at other times (I.e. Prophunt is disabliing fine and not effecting other mods from what I can tell so far).

But is there a simple way to change the ammo back to normal (6 ammo for default shotgun I believe)? I looked through the data pack and configs but didn't see anything?

And man this site needs to be mobile friendly :)

Not without recompiling the plugin as its hard-coded behavior for the Pyro's stock shotgun.

MaloModo
03-10-2015, 12:14
Not without recompiling the plugin as its hard-coded behavior for the Pyro's stock shotgun.

That is what I was afraid of...I will give it a shot..thx for reply.

Horsedick
03-10-2015, 19:21
I've still never received a response from Beetle. I'm tempted to just release it.

By all means go right ahead..I mean I don't see where it would hurt anything I'd love to run it.

unlucky ducky
03-13-2015, 15:13
Something worth noting is that since the last TF2 update one may have to replace the extensions of the sounds being used in the prophunt config from .wav to .mp3 if they're sounds from TF2 itself. Otherwise you might be left with only some of the sounds playing

Powerlord
03-13-2015, 16:17
Something worth noting is that since the last TF2 update one may have to replace the extensions of the sounds being used in the prophunt config from .wav to .mp3 if they're sounds from TF2 itself. Otherwise you might be left with only some of the sounds playing.

Ugh, I meant to check on this, but I got wrapped up redoing MapChooser Extended Sounds.

Anyway, 3.3.x moved over to using "builtin" files for as many of its things as I could, so really only the CPBonus file should be broken.

If you're still using 3.2.x, I fixed all the sounds for that as well.

Edit: They also appear to have removed some sound files that aren't used in Team Fortress 2, but is used in Prophunt. The button sounds used for prop-locking and unlocking is one of these casualties.

Just saw this was added to your post.

The button sounds are in the hl2 shared files (hl2/hl2_sound_misc_dir.vpk), which is why you won't find them in tf/tf2_sound_misc_dir.vpk. These files are still included as part of TF2.

Incidentally, these are still wav files, as are all the weapon sounds.

On a side note, the reason Valve thinks it can get away with changing the voiceover files to mp3 is because mappers aren't supposed to call them directly, but instead use the tf_gamerules object's PlayVO, PlayVORed, and PlayVOBlue inputs. These take the sound names from the various game_sound_vo files.

This is as opposed to the sound files in misc and hl2_misc, which mappers are encouraged to use directly.

unlucky ducky
03-13-2015, 16:27
Just saw this was added to your post.

The button sounds are in the hl2 shared files (hl2/hl2_sound_misc_dir.vpk), which is why you won't find them in tf/tf2_sound_misc_dir.vpk. These files are still included as part of TF2.
Ah, that explains why I was unable to find them when browsing the TF2 VPKs. Didn't realise they were outside the tf directory.

Edit: And thank you for the further explanation regarding the sound files, it's appreciated :)

Horsedick
03-13-2015, 19:18
So do I need to update something from Valve's sound change or no?

Powerlord
03-13-2015, 19:19
So do I need to update something from Valve's sound change or no?

I attached a new config file to my last post.

Horsedick
03-13-2015, 19:50
I attached a new config file to my last post.

Ok thanks I saw it but wasn't sure if that was official as you didn't change the 1st post.

Horsedick
03-15-2015, 20:00
I've been running into the issue where I see the entire server just drop cause of "missing map" disconnects. Now I have the bz2 of the bmp on fast download and the bmp right where the others are same name and everything. I can't really figure out why this is happening... the most recent was on ph_petitcourtyard_v1a.bsp

Any ideas?

Powerlord
03-16-2015, 09:43
Ok thanks I saw it but wasn't sure if that was official as you didn't change the 1st post.

I really need to update the first post. Heck, I don't even think the main post has 3.3.1 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2250485&postcount=456) attached to it.

I've been running into the issue where I see the entire server just drop cause of "missing map" disconnects. Now I have the bz2 of the bmp on fast download and the bmp right where the others are same name and everything. I can't really figure out why this is happening... the most recent was on ph_petitcourtyard_v1a.bsp

Any ideas?

Hmm, I'd recommend double-checking that sv_downloadurl is correct.

It might not hurt to move the map on your own system to a different directory (or for windows, put it in the recycle bin) and see if downloads for you.

If you have access to the webserver's log files, the error logs can be useful too as they will generally give you the status codes... 403 for Forbidden, 404 for Not Found, 500 for Internal Server Error, 503 for Service Temporarily Unavailable, etc...

Horsedick
03-16-2015, 20:01
I really need to update the first post. Heck, I don't even think the main post has 3.3.1 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2250485&postcount=456) attached to it.

Hmm, I'd recommend double-checking that sv_downloadurl is correct.

It might not hurt to move the map on your own system to a different directory (or for windows, put it in the recycle bin) and see if downloads for you.

If you have access to the webserver's log files, the error logs can be useful too as they will generally give you the status codes... 403 for Forbidden, 404 for Not Found, 500 for Internal Server Error, 503 for Service Temporarily Unavailable, etc...

Well I have them all set the same as I do with 14 other servers so its not that cause all the other maps download just fine, just those few and that last one mentioned. It may not be an issue with this at all but I figured it was worth mentioning to see if anyone else ran across it.

Horsedick
03-23-2015, 22:47
Update: That "issue" hasn't happened again since I removed those few maps that were doing it. I really can't explain why but ohh well.

Speaking of maps.. we good for that unreleased map you were checking on? I'd really like to run it if it is in fact that good.

Chdata
04-01-2015, 11:00
9:29 AM - 無名: When the round starts during the hiding portion you get to choose your own prop. So you start as a default scout, then you melee a prop and become that prop and if you want to switch you melee another prop.

Powerlord
04-01-2015, 19:11
Speaking of maps.. we good for that unreleased map you were checking on? I'd really like to run it if it is in fact that good.

I've been kinda busy lately. Doesn't help that work cut off access to this site so I can only access it after work.

I mean, I haven't even updated the map list with the map Marshii sent me.

9:29 AM - 無名: When the round starts during the hiding portion you get to choose your own prop. So you start as a default scout, then you melee a prop and become that prop and if you want to switch you melee another prop.

That would be a major change. InstantMuffin/Dr. Greg House made a version of PropHunt that works like that, but as far as I know, it isn't public.

Powerlord
04-01-2015, 19:28
Oh right, I meant to mention this last night, but if you're having issues with SourceMod 1.6.x and PropHunt, the 1.7 gamedata was updated, but the 1.6 gamedata wasn't.

Maybe this has been fixed since last night, but I can't tell you for sure.

ROCKNROLLKID
04-01-2015, 23:39
Hello. On my server, when we play non-prophunt maps, the pyro airblast consumes only 1 ammo, instead of the usual 20 with stock (50 for back burner). When I disable prophunt plugin, it resolves this issue. Any fix for this?

Powerlord
04-01-2015, 23:54
Hello. On my server, when we play non-prophunt maps, the pyro airblast consumes only 1 ammo, instead of the usual 20 with stock (50 for back burner). When I disable prophunt plugin, it resolves this issue. Any fix for this?

What PropHunt version are you running?

Older versions of PropHunt manipulated a convar that changed how much ammo it took to airblast. Newer versions just make it so when a player spawns, it adds the attribute to the flamethrower that prevents the flamethrower from using Airblast.

goosmurf
04-02-2015, 00:37
Oh right, I meant to mention this last night, but if you're having issues with SourceMod 1.6.x and PropHunt, the 1.7 gamedata was updated, but the 1.6 gamedata wasn't.

Maybe this has been fixed since last night, but I can't tell you for sure.

FYI we were running sourcemod-1.6.3-git4584 and Pyros could not jetpack and players weren't losing health when firing.

Upgrading to sourcemod-1.7.1-git5165 fixed this issue.

We also updated to the latest TF2Items in case that matters.

ROCKNROLLKID
04-02-2015, 12:56
Hello Powerlord. I am using what ever the latest version is on the original post. Also using latest sourcemod version (1.7.1)

Powerlord
04-02-2015, 20:00
So, Marshii gave me a new map for testing. I haven't had a chance yet, but I figured I'd put it on here anyway.

BlockFort (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/maps/ph_blockfort_a1.bsp.bz2) (a1) and its config file (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/master/addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/ph_blockfort.cfg).

Blockfort is a medium-sized map based on the Mario Kart 64 Block Fort map..

Hello Powerlord. I am using what ever the latest version is on the original post. Also using latest sourcemod version (1.7.1)

Can you run

sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_burstammo

both when PropHunt is running and when PropHunt isn't running and tell me what it says?

Since I haven't heard back from him, I'll just release it.

Redquarters (https://github.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/releases/download/maps/ph_redquarters_a6.bsp.bz2) (a6) and its configuration file (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/powerlord/sourcemod-prophunt/master/addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/ph_redquarters.cfg).

FYI we were running sourcemod-1.6.3-git4584 and Pyros could not jetpack and players weren't losing health when firing.

Upgrading to sourcemod-1.7.1-git5165 fixed this issue.

We also updated to the latest TF2Items in case that matters.

Good point.
The latest TF2Items update (https://forums.alliedmods.net/announcement.php?f=146&a=50) is mandatory if you don't want your server crashing.

Nanochip
04-03-2015, 19:54
Hmm, for some reason, BLU players on my server are not getting damaged when firing nor can they jetpack. I am using Sourcemod 1.7.1 and the latest version of prophunt. No errors in my server console, either. :\