PDA

View Full Version : TF2items not working?

Moranic
05-09-2013, 05:45
So recently TF2 updated to SteamPipe. That caused the tf2items editor program to stop working since the file it needs is no longer inside a .gcf. No problem, I thought, there are plugins that allow you the same.

To make a long story short: I installed Metamod and Sourcemod for use on a Listen server (created with the [+] button). After lots of tries I managed to get those two working. Great. Then I installed tf2items. I managed to make Sourcemod load the plugin but now I can't use any of the tf2items commands. If I type in "sm_givew Moranic 933" (to give Ap-Sap) nothing happens. Just nothing. No syntax error, no unknown command, nothing. Same for "sm_gimme 933" and the sm_giveweapon command.

So know I'm a bit confused. I double-checked everything, I haven't made a weapon myself, I just copied an example (not the example included with tf2items) from the internet into the .cfg file but I can't give that weapon to myself either. But the Ap-Sap (933) is the actual ID inside the game (thus not customised).

Any help on how to get tf2items working? A video showing the use of the commands might be helpful as well (where to type (console/chat), exact syntax, etc...).

I suppose I am doing something wrong but I don't know what. Again, I am using this on a listen server after the SteamPipe update.

Moranic
05-10-2013, 10:01
It started magically working now. I didn't change a thing and now it works. Lol. This thread can be closed.

Moranic
05-10-2013, 10:19
And it's dead again. Restarting TF2 broke it again. I'm a bit puzzled on why it's going all wrong. Sometimes it says nothing when trying tf2items commands and sometimes it says unknown command

Powerlord
05-10-2013, 10:24
Listen servers have always been weird when it comes to SourceMod and its addons.

Moranic
05-10-2013, 10:31
Yeah but I managed to get it working for a moment. So it's possible. And there are guides that tell you how to do it. So I followed those but no luck... well a bit of luck but then it was gone.