PDA

View Full Version : linked steam accounts between hackers

lyric
10-13-2012, 13:21
hi, can it be possible to block attempts of players who recently got banned from joining server? skial servers have this in their sourcebans and i dont know if it's a special version of sourcebans but that feature is something sourcebans needs especially since tf2 is free to play now and its easy to make another account

thanks for your time

Nolongerinthegame
10-13-2012, 17:40
Agreed would like to see this :)

ecca
10-13-2012, 17:52
Well afaik they are basing their bans on ip. So if a player gets banned with ip 123.123.123 and a player with ip 123.123.123 joins again their system bans them. Imo it's not 100% legit todo that way but i will include a example soon :).

---

The plugin require sourcebans to compile so download the precompiled version. Eitherway this should work :grrr:

Peace-Maker
10-13-2012, 19:33
hi, can it be possible to block attempts of players who recently got banned from joining server? skial servers have this in their sourcebans and i dont know if it's a special version of sourcebans but that feature is something sourcebans needs especially since tf2 is free to play now and its easy to make another account

thanks for your time

You could just ban by ip and steamid, but i see the use of one ban with both types.
If you'd want to modify sourcebans yourself, you'd need to remove the bantype check in the ban checking query.

lyric
10-14-2012, 08:30
Well afaik they are basing their bans on ip. So if a player gets banned with ip 123.123.123 and a player with ip 123.123.123 joins again their system bans them. Imo it's not 100% legit todo that way but i will include a example soon :).

---

The plugin require sourcebans to compile so download the precompiled version. Eitherway this should work :grrr:

again thanks! i will give it a try and let you know if there are problems.

here is problem. when I load it it says to me:
[SM] Plugin mac.smx failed to load: Could not find required plugin "SourceBans"

I am running sourcebans latest right now on server. not sure why this is happening. thanks

lyric
10-14-2012, 08:37
You could just ban by ip and steamid, but i see the use of one ban with both types.
If you'd want to modify sourcebans yourself, you'd need to remove the bantype check in the ban checking query.

this i won't know how to do since i am not a coderman. its very complex for me